Diablo 1 Replacements for Stock items [PLUGIN]

Share your videos and screenshots
Professor-Zoom
Cultist
22 | 0
the Diablo1 HD dont have online suport but the alpha of "Tchernobog" works online!
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
shnurr214 wrote:this made me miss diablo 1 so bad. is it still supported on bnet? if so do any median folks want to do a playthrough? I think i was like 10 years old when i played diablo 1 last.

Try Diablo I HD: shared stash, increased resolution, more quests, more monsters, 3 new classes, completely new class skills, new uniques and sets, a few available morphs etc etc.

The cons is the classic walk speed that cannot be increased (doh). Also all monsters have life regen now so it can be a downside as well.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
IMO I'd recommend The Hell. Very close to basegame, iirc more resolutions, more monsters and a quest or two, more items and it's WAY HARDER
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Still play Diablo 1 HD once in a while. It just rocks so hard <3
Professor-Zoom
Cultist
22 | 0
@DudeLove you will do to the shields , swords, axes and rings , amulets too? :bounce:
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
I tried shields, actually. The Kite Shield doesn't play nicely with color changing (In a different way than the Helmets -- the colors turn absolutely disgusting and neon) and the Tower Shield's graphic is really tricky in that it has a huge amount of the same color as a shadow. Those will stay as is, because too many look bad. Small Shield doesn't fit the artstyle at all, too.

The thing with swords is a lot of them are at an angle, which makes it hard to properly size them to the skinny 56x112 the two handed swords are at. If anything it would just be one-handed swords and maybe a few I hack together.

Haven't attempted any others. The axe I tested works surprisingly well so that might be next...
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
These are the all sprites used in original D1, Hellfire and some from the alpha too, well except the book, ring, 2 hilts and 4 staves on the bottom right which were made by someone else: https://www.mediafire.com/?cz66djeu9n3mwgy Also the items that were facing the other way i've mirrored.

If you want to try some color variations i have the pics from D1 HD of uniqs and sets here in images folder: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0ke321s14 ... docsV3.zip

Colors may pose a problem but i think it can be solved if you pass them through an editor that sets the colors do D2 palette and save them in the dc6 format, i don't remember the name but i had got it from phrozenkeep so you may look there for it.
Edited by DacianDraco 7 years.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Haha holy shit dude I've been doing these by hand, this is crazy. I noticed that some items (like the pelvis hammer) were definitely NOT in D1, though -- where's this spritesheet from?

I'm probably going to stick to my way tho, since I don't have to cut backgrounds with how I do it
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
For most base items i have the img with transparent background in the images folder of the D1 HD documentation so that may help, and the sprites from 1st pic are all from diablo, some were just not used in the release but were left in the game files.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Updated with both axes (which look p good) and shields (which look like TRASH but I'm trying to keep these as faithful as possible)