Act 5 Mercenary Guide

xpress
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
robinro wrote:
Coldzero wrote:Usually u dont take your merc do the all the killing just to get high mf drop by combining your merc mf to the account.

you do realize that the mf on your merc only works if he is the one killing stuff?

if your char kills stuff: only the mf on char kicks in

if merc kills stuff: merc mf + mf on char kicks in

and its "enhanced weapon damage / armor" and not "enchanted" (just a little typo)

also nice guide, thx for your work.

Can anyone verify this?
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I can
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
if it uses the same mechanics as d2 vanilla (which i assume):

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Magic_Fin ... Minions.3F
Darthaghar
Pit Knight
112 | 10
LHawkins1 wrote:Edit: if you're making a public guide to help new people out with gearing their A5 mercenary, you should update the ubers section to be much more clear about what you're trying to say instead of, "loses his virginity here"

gotta agree with that one! it was funny and there were couple of grammar mistakes and misspellings here and there but they could be easily fixed.

Didnt knew most of the bugs about the merc I have heard about something similar but didn't believed it because it's so weird... blizzard really has some spaghetti code behind that engine.....
Coldzero
Vampiress
35 | 9
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Updated
neonsol
Imp
5 | 0
I'm actually having trouble hiring the act 5 merc, i talk to the merc hire NPC and the hire option isnt there. Any suggestions?
KalodecoiaTV
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
neonsol wrote:I'm actually having trouble hiring the act 5 merc, i talk to the merc hire NPC and the hire option isnt there. Any suggestions?

Did you rescue the barbs?
neonsol
Imp
5 | 0
KalodecoiaTV wrote:
neonsol wrote:I'm actually having trouble hiring the act 5 merc, i talk to the merc hire NPC and the hire option isnt there. Any suggestions?

Did you rescue the barbs?

Ah yeah, that was it, can't believe i forgot about that :mrgreen:
Winrich
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Hey there!
Is there a way to know what level of a skill a mercenary is using?

My barbarian is using crafted weapons to cast mark of the wild with pretty high skill lvl and quite long duration.
However the act 5 mercenary keeps overcasting my buff with his own gift of the wild that seems to be very low level and short duration.
It is so annoying that i am thinking about switching to a shapeshifter merc for that reason.

Would that be a good idea?
What level of gift of the wild is the mercenary using anyways?
What level of bloodlust would a shapeshifter use instead?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
yes it can be a good idea if the shapeshifter also works well, his bloodlust his also low level but at least you get two buffs instead of overwriting one ( you can give him runeflesh armor to buff bloodlust, don't sig it if you find one )