Nedark
Invader
9 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide

The Black Road Challenge

:arrow: Ok so I didn't find any guides on BRC in this forum so I've decided to add one from the old forum of Median XL. Furthermore, the documentation lack of screenshots :(

Here's the link to the original thread : [2012] Challenges: A beginner's guide

I followed the instructions and even if it says 2012, it's still works nowadays :D

This Guide will be a COPY/PASTE (almost) of the old thread made by aahz, so useless to say that I'll take absolutely no credits for making this guide but will be open to all suggestions because it's my first guide and i'm not a hardcore player.

The Black Road Challenge
The Black Road Challenge is based on the Diablo novel of the same name. Put shortly: There's a wtfpwn demon, and he can give you omg 1337 skeelz if you pass his omgpro test!
So, yeah, you get some nifty charm bonuses! This test is split in five parts. You can do them in any direction you want, but you have to do them all in order to complete the challenge.

Trial of Fear
► Show Spoiler

Trial of Greed
► Show Spoiler

Tips of farming Gold
► Show Spoiler

Trial of Contrition
► Show Spoiler

Trial of Knowledge
► Show Spoiler

Trial of Blood
► Show Spoiler

Black Road Completion
► Show Spoiler

Here is a good video with times of trials in commentary below (I did NOT make this video)
Edited by Nedark 7 years.
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Nice, I like this, much more to the point and easier to refer people to this than tell them to go search through the docs, thanks for this.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Nedark wrote:Ok so I didn't find any guides on BRC in this forum
you didn't look everywhere
Nedark wrote: Furthermore, the documentation lack of screenshots :(
google always works
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Thanks for your effort, but the guide lacks lots of additinal info, if you want to mkae it as much newbie friendly as possible (e.g. 4th type of mobs in Fauzt that cast Blade Barrier, Neon Fiends slowing you down, King Koth trial gives yiou Diablo morph with terrible hit recovery and speed, how to get more gold - runes in throwing weapons, selling rare items and many more info).
generalcheesecake
Invader
8 | 0
Yes another good info would be that if you can not sustain the butchers hit due to low level/gear but have a heavy hitting skill (eg amazons hyena strike or tantrum from either a crafted/rare bow or amok runeword) you can use summons if you have them or use lolsummons (mystic orbs for rings that provide summon shredder, bane monster or daystar)
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Trial of Fear

He is invulnerable to everything when not standing in the red circle that spawns from time to time.

You forgot to mention that he has to hit something for them to appear. I could summon 3 of them and run 2 hours in circles hoping for a single shitty one to appear because of this guide.

Say that he has to hit something, summons that tank him or two of him make it easy to get more of those pentagrams.

Trial of Greed - Say that you should buy 4x Victim's hearts right after this one or most people will have to farm for gold twice.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I personally take a different route on tran map if my char lacks armor and is rather squishy. That way is easier (cause you don't stumble upon 3084758470 amazons at once) but might take longer as you need to clear all the ways before its really safe. Also you need to clear the way from all barrels, else the zons can't get through.

(I made that map)
Nedark
Invader
9 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Thanks a lot for your feedbacks, i'll try to improve each Trials with additional info :)
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
The fauz map is the old one, the boss position r prity same in the new map but they r further apart so might wanna mention that along with adding info of the 4th monster of fauz.

Not sure if u would want to but u can add info of the different monsters from bestiary.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Nedark
Invader
9 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Thanks Rishab for the tips of editing.
Is that possible to do a spoil in a spoil ? Like Incepspoil :D