Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
suchbalance - 3 guides - 157k views - avg= 52k
Stealthmaster - 3 guides - 106k views - avg= 35k
chucknoris - 46 guide - 100k views - avg= 2.2k

Don't get your hopes up anon, no plugy no "self-farmed" shared stash.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
ChuckNoRis wrote:100K views in 1 year from a playerbase that is now down to just 1/4 , compaired to 1.f9b / 2012 .

In reality the ultimative forums visitor record is 3.5 times higher compared to the cMXL forums and the total number of users is only about 33% lower here even though this forum has only existed for a little of a year (and we have no bots registered, unlike the olden days), compared to the 5 years of the forumer ones. Even now over a month and a half after a ladder reset we get more visitors daily than the record in forumer days.

The player base is higher than ever.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
judging the playerbase after the number of visits on website is a bit wrong imo . just as a small example , 4 years ago in my city i knew a little bit more than 200 active offline players that were playing median every day be it on SP or lan games via Hamachi , that never red/registered on the forum , the only info they had was the offline docs i shared on a blog back then and it was enough , because they used to play cLod for a long while before and they had some idea on what the game was about . they are now less than 30 . i talk to friends all over the world quite often (some of them are registred here as we speak , most are not , but we are friends since many years ago when we used to be MXL nolifers) , from many different countries that confirm the same situation described by me . i'm talking about the heavy chunk of players that nobody can realy count . in real life there are at least 5 times more people that know about median/play median than those that are actualy registred/visit the forum every now or then imho.

as for example , how many votes did the mod get on MODDB mod of the year in Marco era compaired to the Laz era ? that should be your main source of counting players imho .
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Not really, because you need to register to vote on moddb, and i'm sure 95%+ of the users don't bother to do that when they download the game - I haven't also. And I wouldn't be surprised if XV ultimative got more votes than any Laz version btw. Still this is a much worse indicator for activity than site visitors.

And you're saying we should look at your anecdote of a supposed romanian offline community, instead of actual measurable worldwide statistics? Doesn't make any sense. Your argument is exactly the same as veteran players (who choose the path of least resistance) say a TSW ladder is dead after 1 month. Just because you are done with something, and the majority of people you play with are also, it doesn't mean that it's the case. Same applies to the player base.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
suchbalance wrote: And you're saying ...
i'm saying that you should not judge the playerbase after how many visitors does the site have or how many users are registred . there are many times more people playing this game that either don't register or don't check the forum , compaired to those counted in your statistics . but do as you wish , it's not my problem how you choose to count

oh and 1.f9b made it to 6th place on MOTY . i don't remember another patch going to top 10 . maby there will be some better luck with Sigma
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:
suchbalance wrote: And you're saying ...
i'm saying that you should not judge the playerbase after how many visitors does the site have or how many users are registred . there are many times more people playing this game that either don't register or don't check the forum

So you're saying suchbalance's number is actually LOWER than it should be because there are more in the playerbase that check/read forums or register.

You're.... arguing yourself at this point.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i think the amount of downloads on moddb is a good indication of how many ppl are playing the most recent version, make it 70% or so of the total, for those who needed to download twice, ragequit fast or had some other issue with the download, and that seems like a decent approximation
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i said his number is lower and it's still way lower than it used to be a few years ago . i'm not arguing myself , read the entire posts again . i have stated that the curent playerbase is just 1/4 from what it used to be .

it's like if someone old decides to make his facebook page : on facebook he gets about 40 friends , but in fact he knows/he is know by hundreds of people in real life .....and you judge him after those 40 friends you can see and count because those numbers say everything .

@void i'm glad to see i'm not talking with the walls and someone understands what i'm saying .
Edited by ChuckNoRis 7 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Just gonna stick with the guy who has the actual hard facts and numbers, not to mention one of the lead devs.

*goes back to not arguing with a godsent median SP veteran*
John Silver
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Awesome Explanation. I don't know how to give a cookie. But here is one by my Post:)