Melee Sorceress [1.3]

Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Astro frozen orb is his meele skill, staying on top of him means instant death.
You should probs just put respec to tstone.

And I see this is a SP-Only guide for ubers, so you should probably put that in to evade the barrage of "why r der tempel spiers in bremmertown bad guied downvoted".

Anyways cookied.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Seekers wrote:why r der tempel spiers in bremmertown bad guied downvoted"

Who said that temple spires will returen in Bremmtown the next ladder. Nobody knows for sure.

to OP: Nice pics, btw. Have you thought about making the text w/o spoilers? Pics save the situation, but still it looks a bit empty. :)
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
btw have you tried poison passive? It give you 10% DR and 25% max life for free (no need to get struck)
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
kissofaries wrote:btw have you tried poison passive? It give you 10% DR and 25% max life for free (no need to get struck)
there are many viable skillplan and gearing options to build a melee sorceress . this obviously does not use poison tree (not that poison is bad , but it's what the guide poster tought that would suit his build best , fire-cold) .
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
void wrote:/e: IAS: 39/80/180 (Warp Blade) i think you forgot to factor the wsm from the weapon itself when you (i assume) checked the bps in the speedcalc, warp blade got a really good wsm

I can't get SpeedCalc to work with OpenJDK, so the breakpoints listed were what I could piece together from info I gathered while digging through the forums/comments. If anyone has updated Breakpoints, I'd gladly update that section and give credit.

void wrote:ok i read it all, i dont remember anything thats missing, but i would be interested in your source for where you found that adamantine guard oskill warp armor boosts minions as well

TBH, I have no direct evidence this is the case, but two things lead me to think it is so: 1. when my Sorc wears it--her summons almost never die (unless it's to high elemental damage); 2. enough people, who I believed at the time to be knowledgeable about the game, told me this was the case. If anyone can definitively confirm this, I'd appreciate it.

Seekers wrote:Astro frozen orb is his meele skill, staying on top of him means instant death.

Thanks for pointing that out. It looks like I copy/pasted the strat from my first set of notes rather than the updated one. Will fix shortly.

kissofairies wrote:btw have you tried poison passive? It give you 10% DR and 25% max life for free (no need to get struck)

I did try Poison early on for those very reasons, but I just couldn't justify staying with it since I could still get good (for a Sorc) max life with the Living Flame/Snow Queen combo, plus access to Firedance (if Fire tree) and Ice Elementals (if Ice tree). And as for %DR, I could just get that from gear if I needed it. It just seemed like a waste to lock out other, potentially more useful, skills just to put 1 point in Vengeful Power. I haven't tried Poison recently, tho, so I think I'll look at it again.

Stealthmaster wrote:to OP: Nice pics, btw. Have you thought about making the text w/o spoilers? Pics save the situation, but still it looks a bit empty.

Yeah, my first draft was spoiler-tag-free, but it just looked so messy and took so damn long to scroll through. I wanted to format it in a way that looked clean and made specific sections easy to find without having to comb through walls of text, and spoiler tags was the best thing I could come up with. If anyone has formatting advice, I'd certainly appreciate it.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
What effect you used for those banners? It looks cool.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Pinball wrote:What effect you used for those banners? It looks cool.

Looks like shoop's Emboss filter.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge

It's a combination of color adjusment, various filter effects, and image resizing at the right stage in the process. A surprising number of people have mentioned the banners; maybe I'll write a tutorial guide on how I made them. :lol:
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod

Look same as what I used in my necro guide:

► Show Spoiler
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:I can't get SpeedCalc to work with OpenJDK, so the breakpoints listed were what I could piece together from info I gathered while digging through the forums/comments. If anyone has updated Breakpoints, I'd gladly update that section and give credit.

Well Warp Blade has a huge -60 WSM, so there is only one breakpoint:
14 IAS needed to hit max speed of 5 frames.