Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Few more ubers added. Edited early game honorifics.

Melee specs included in Fauztinville for BRC and for Uberlevels
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
LHawkins1 wrote:3.) Ratfinks. These assholes will spawn from his Spine attack

:lol:
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
DO NOT HAVE SHADOWS SUMMONED DURING THIS FIGHT, or if you are specced melee for this, DO NOT USE KHAZRA PLATE. The Demon Blood Aura has HP Regeneration and it will apply to Arihan every time he is charmed.

Haven't known about this. Learned new thing :D
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hi,

after reading your very nice guide I prepared a necro. My goal was to find a char which is easy to play untwinked to collect early in the ladder charms and specially skulls. I love to play bow-amas, but its not the best choice for this. Here my feedback for the nec:

Killspeed 8/10

Easy charms are really a joke, create totems, summon your army, go in and start....sometimes I didnt realized that there are monster (Akarat or Legacy of Blood for example). The Unformed Land is also pretty fast :mrgreen:

Safety 9/10

Nothing more to say....play slow, stay behind your army and totems....thats all.

Gameplay 7/10

After 3 days of testing I can say this char will not be my first choice to play a whole ladder, I will use him for the maingoal like I wrote above, but not more. This is my personal opinion....I dont like chars they walk are teleport, in original D2 I never played sorcs or palas ;)

Gear 8/10

Today I twinked him a bit: 3 parts Laz-Set, some heavy charms, a A5-Merc with some Items, even not the best, but usefull things. The killspeed grows a lot, Mephisto and Diablo dies in max 2 seconds. His endgame-gear is not the cheapiest one, but he can get the most by himself without any problems. I test Toraya for one run and its also easy, didnt found a GR, but its only a question of time. After your guide the set-parts will be very expensive, I think :mrgreen:

Fun 7/10

He is a great killer, for my goals the perfect one, but like I said its a bit boring after a while: jump, let all kill, collect what you need and so on.

Again THX for your work, its a nice guide. I hope, it will work also in one week and the changes for the chaos-season are not so dramatical as I fear.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
@safety it's no more than 6/10 since it has very low defence , no avoid , no block , low %DR . if the army dies , you're f*cked . and because of this , "play slow" is the way to go , as you said ... fortunately , most of the gameplay is based on jumping with BtS so that you can keep the meatshield close all the time .
linuxrs
Vampiress
36 | 1
Really well written guide, cookied ;)

One thing to add to guide maybe, if you wish to make your life easier in early game (Hatred, Terror) - get an A2 Exemplar merc. He uses Retaliate, which helps massively in Ennead challenge, you can simply teleport on top of totems, he will keep skeletons away with Retalliate while totems destroy the invulnerability totem. With that, Ennead challenge is doable since you get access to A3 :D He is cheap and useful everywhere basically, since retalliate gives a stun as well, pushing mobs away from you and stunning them while totems shoot at them. Equip with early runewords if you want to go cheap, or some spare uniques pieces (which you can get easily from Gift Box anyway - armor mainly). I didn't even bother giving him good items back when I played this build, I just gave him runewords and he was awesome :D

For later game, I think he may still be viable generally but there are better choices depending what you aim for at that time. That is ofcourse, if you need him anyway at that point since you will be destroying everything anyways :D
krimi
Stygian Watcher
41 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
linuxrs wrote:Really well written guide, cookied ;)

One thing to add to guide maybe, if you wish to make your life easier in early game (Hatred, Terror) - get an A2 Exemplar merc. He uses Retaliate, which helps massively in Ennead challenge, you can simply teleport on top of totems, he will keep skeletons away with Retalliate while totems destroy the invulnerability totem. With that, Ennead challenge is doable since you get access to A3 :D He is cheap and useful everywhere basically, since retalliate gives a stun as well, pushing mobs away from you and stunning them while totems shoot at them. Equip with early runewords if you want to go cheap, or some spare uniques pieces (which you can get easily from Gift Box anyway - armor mainly). I didn't even bother giving him good items back when I played this build, I just gave him runewords and he was awesome :D

For later game, I think he may still be viable generally but there are better choices depending what you aim for at that time. That is ofcourse, if you need him anyway at that point since you will be destroying everything anyways :D

Nice advice but I found the invulnerability totems are destroyed so quickly with funeral pyre than you can just keep moving without getting swarmed. I think I did it at level 40 or so with this build.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Yeah it's Max 6/10, not very Safe and reliable char those are the stats of a good hc build

Explain slow to me aswell please, he might be slow for things like duncraig
But otherwise for getting through the game and get Basic charms it's one of the fastest chars there is, i need an explantion behind that reasoning
Edited by Jaedong 7 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:@safety it's no more than 6/10 since it has very low defence , no avoid , no block , low %DR . if the army dies , you're f*cked . and because of this , "play slow" is the way to go , as you said ... fortunately , most of the gameplay is based on jumping with BtS so that you can keep the meatshield close all the time .

Yea, certainly 6/10 max, I'd say if for some reason you get separated from the summons, but since BtS is a main skill, hopefully that's never an issue.

linuxrs wrote:Really well written guide, cookied ;)

This is true also. I usually try not to rely on mercs except for specific builds, like shunposin, or early LC1 clear with an a3 merc and honorifics. It's certainly useful though, if you want to add that to your playstyle and farming. By all means go for it.