Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide

Bloodzon

by Brackans

Foreword

First off, Bloodzon is as old as the hills. I remember when Median XL patch was 1.f9 or so, when Orb of Annihilation was still called BFG 83k because of the cap damage roll back, she was already there. Back then, people would utilize her as their first character so they can get as many charms and do as many ubers as they want, then later on they would make a second character and level fast, so she was kind of a utility character back in the day. I would say she is still...now, but maybe she gets stronger with new items and buff so why not trying her out

Quick questions

1. What is a bloodzon?
    Bloodzon is a caster amazon using the bloodstorm as her main skill
  2. What can she do?
    Erhh, she can do...stuff. Not the other stuff you pervert :evil: I mean she is quite useful
  3. Is she new-player friendly?
    She is very easy to play. She uses 2 main skills: Bloodstorm and Balefire (and sometimes BFG83k)
  4. What about skills?
    You should max Bloodstorm, Bacchanalia, Spirit of Vengeance, 15 points in Defensive Harmony, and the rest for Balance or Wild and Free.
  5. Why haven't I found early game gears, mid game gears and end game gears you suckerrrrrr :evil: ?
    Well, I don't wanna spoil all the fun you might have with the Amazon. Many people enjoy rushing to 120 but others have a lot of fun playing on Hatred and Terror, kind of taking it slow. But if you want some spoilers then here they are
    ► Show Spoiler

6. What else can you tell me about her?
    I'm gonna level with you man, I haven't tried all things I want with her yet, not the other things :evil: , you know, new gears and skills and stuff...Maybe when you play her enough, you can tell me more.

Table of content

Welcome to the world of Sanctuary

Ok, so now you have just decided to make an Amazon, give her a sexy pretty name, and pop into a hatred game. Yes, the game has 3 difficulty level: Hatred, Terror and Destruction in which Destruction is the hardest and Hatred is the easiest. The purpose of Hatred is to let you play with your character, let you understand the skill tree, try different builds and skills without having to worry too much about turning your character to a worst nightmare. Well, with that being said, hatred is kind of fun. I would expect you to spend level 1 to level 50 here, and that's about enough.

There are a few challenge with level restriction that you might want to remember, because once you are over the level limit, you're screwed. Here they are: Level 5-50-80-90. But you don't have to worry too much, I'll let you know when you need to do a challenge.

Ok, after making a new game, you'll find your mighty self in a rouge encampment. What a bunch of pussy, hiding behind fences, making a girl do a man's job. Anyway, you'll talk to Warriv, he seems like a nice guy, he offers me a field trip to a golden city far east if I survive this place, hopefully he won't make any attempt on the way there, or I'll make his head as an ornament for my friend the Assassin, she said that her
Dead Lens
Dead Lens
Totem Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (1390 - 1737) to (1610 - 2012)
Chance to Block: 5%
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 80
Required Dexterity: 527
Item Level: 1
1% Base Block Chance
(31 to 40)% Block Speed
+(100 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to Dexterity
+(21 to 25) to Vitality
+100 to Energy
Socketed (6)

Universal Law
(Assassin Psionic Set)
is about a few skulls short, you know, for more chance of blocking. :mrgreen:

You'll have a javalin and a shield and a quilted armor as the start, they are very helpful to be honest. You also has a gold signet, eat it, right click it so you'll have 1500 gold.

You'll talk to Akara. Oh what did she say she was? A nun? Are you nut serious? There's a war going on, our men are dying. We might need to repopulate the earth very soon and being a nun is your solution? After so much talking and convincing, she still insists on remaining celibate. What a shame though, she would have been a more...productive...individual.

Well, we'll buy some health pots from Akara. You would spend 200 gold on a big Tome of town portal and 220 gold on a big Tome of Identify, well later on you'll have poor Cain to do the Identification for free but I personally want to roll the dice myself and let him identify all the craps.

In case you want to buy things fast, you might want to right click that item. If you use Shift+right click an item, you'll buy a bunch of those, works with health pots, scroll of town portal, scroll of identify.

You'll see a status in your inventory. That's necessary for our level 0 challenge. Place it in your cube and press Transmute, you'll notice that the required level for that status is 5. So we will get out of camp, get ourselves to level 5 and do the first level challenge.

At first, we have no skill so just melee attack those Flit, Zombie and Kill Rat. Fallen One may come in pack and they are strong at the moment so just run away if you see them.

► Show Spoiler

From now on, this is just the record of my own amazon. Your experience could be much different than mine.

Level 5: Level Challenge 0 - Volrath the Vile

It took me about 20 minutes to get to level 5 with the help of my friend the Necromancer. He is quite strong from the beginning of the game. He can go totem and kill shits super fast. So I was just following him around, casually throwing my javalin at a few mobs and watching my experience bar fill up. Nothing is more satisfying than doing less work and having more rewards is there?

About summoning him, don't do it like I did. You can see a big pot hole there
But summon him where you can run around freely like this

Well, that was hard.

You should pick up any runes and jewels that drop for we can socket any rune in a throwing weapon like flying knifes (Akara sells those with cheap price) and sell it back to the vendor for lots of money. If the weapon doesn't have any socket, you can just cube it with a jewel to make a socket then.
By the way, Akara asked if I could clear the Den of Evil for her. "Why the fuk not?" I thought to myself, 1 skill reward and some experience is what I'm looking for anyway. She also asked me to recuse some guy named Cain. Well, some guys at least, we are all women here, Charsi, Akara, Kashya...If it was not in the war time, we three would have a great time drinking, partying, dancing and gossiping to our heart content.

Akara is a nun now, Kashya maybe too much masculine for being a mercenary leader for too long. Only me, the one and sole eligible female candidate for Cain. I'm using bow now, much physical, but later on I will switch to caster, more feminine, less point to strength and more to energy. Wow, Cain should fit perfectly in this situation. My head was spinning, swirling with thought, imagining stuff, what a nice guy he would be, my prince charming, all attractive, attentive and caring, Mr Cain, Mr Perfect. Like this

► Show Spoiler

But little did I know that he was a bit different from my initial thought

But again, don't do it like I did. After clicking on 5 Cain stones, I made a tp and go back to town without knowing that my reckless action would prevent the red portal from opening.

We entered the ruined town of Tristam, with the help of my friend the Necromancer, we defeated Griswold. Suddenly I heard some weird sound coming from a dead tree near the well at the town center. Well, that was a human sound, "Help! Help!" But what the hell? That was not a healthy, young, strong male voice like I expected. I thought I was dreaming. My mentality was at risk here. When we finally lower the cage from the dead tree, an old man appeared. I thought I was gonna pass out. My heart was broken. My dream was shattered. I wondered why Akara would want to save a cranky old man, who is way over the hill, maybe he is at the bottom of the hill now.

Brackans: Hi Cain, how old are you?
Deckard Cain: Oh brackans, how nice! Thanks again for rescuing me from Griswold
Brackans: Who is that Griswold that you talking about? The fat dude with shower of rock?
Deckard Cain: Yeah, poor poor Griswold, buonanima. In life, he used to be an extremely knowledgeable blacksmith in Tristram. He was a master of craftsmanship.
Griswold's Revenge
is there in his name. Heaven knows what Diablo and Andariel had done to him when the town of Tristram was burnt to the ground. I doubt there is any humanity left in him but abomination.

Brackans: What about that Wirt's corpse over the top-left corner of Tristram? I got a Wirt's Leg and a lot of money out of that.
Deckard Cain: Poor Wirt. He was just a sweet and charming boy back then. One day, some Fallen One raided the town and abducted him and other children. They were tortured and Writ's leg got paralyzed in the process. It was Griswold who recused Wirt from the grip of those demons. When he regained his consciousness, he realized that his leg was gone, and his mother had died of grief because of his disappearance. From then on he had changed to a different person, always found opportunity to hoard up lots of money for something.

Brackans: What a sad story! I bet Tristam was a beautiful town.
Deckard Cain: Yes it was back then

And now, destruction is all that was left of it

Later on, Cain told me about his origin. He said he is the last descendant in the line of Horadric mages.
Brackans: What is a Horadric mage?
Deckard Cain: You don't know what Horadric mages were? They were powerful mages of old, very very powerful. They were chosen with the task of capturing the 3 Prime Evils in the event of the Dark Exile. And I am the last one of them. You see, my kind is very rare and it is on the brink of extinction. Maybe they got my name on the Red Book of Critically Endangered Species somewhere, like the Dinosaur you know. So if you would be so kind as to help the world conserve the glorious Horadrim's bloodline, I'm...

Brackans: :evil: Stop right there grandpa. What do you know about the Dark Exile?
Deckard Cain: Well, it was all started when 4 Lesser Evils: Andariel, Azmodan, Belial and Duriel banished the spirits of the three Prime Evils: Diablo, Mephisto and Baal to the mortal world where they roamed and created hatred, terror and destruction for more than 40 years. At that time, the High Heaven still honored the truce pack with the Burning Hell. And they had no idea that the Prime Evils were on Sanctuary at all.

Tyrael, with his sharp mind and long tentacles, I mean wings, has sensed the presence of the Prime Evils in the Sanctuary but he was afraid that if the High Heaven found out, they would destroy Sanctuary and it could be the end of mankind. So he took discrete measure. After handpicking 7 powerful magi to form the Horadrim, he tasked them with trapping the 3 Prime Evil in the 3 Soul Stones that he took from the World Stone, in the hope that these stones would be powerful enough to contain those evil's spirit for eternity.

In the end, the Horadric mages had completed their mission, with Diablo trapped beneath the town of Tristam in Khanduras, Baal in the Tarasha's Tomb outside Lut Gholein and Mephisto buried deep in the temple city of Travincal in Kurast. Those things happened some 200 years ago.

Brackans: 200 years ago? No wonder why you're old
Deckard Cain: A man is as old as he feels. I feel more vigorous than ever my dear. Ok, back to business, about conserving the Horadrim bloodline...
Brackans: Tell me about the recent uproar in Tristam first
Deckard Cain: Ok, take a look at the video now brackans, as you can see here, all things started with the appearance of the Dark Wanderer.

Deckard Cain: The man's name is Marius. He was a poor soul living in the Rogue Monastery, but Diablo and his minions ransacked the place and he had to find refuge in a small tavern. He was having a good time drinking and doing nothing in that heavenly blessed place. Then all of the sudden, the Dark Wanderer appeared and his happy little precious wretched life has technically come to an end.

It seems that the Dark Wanderer is in fact Diablo himself, has broken free from his prison and seeks to free his other 2 brothers as well. You need to pursuit and stop him my lady, and remember to come back alive. I need someone to ease my backache from sitting in the cage for too long.

So pursuit him we did. Me and my friend the Necromancer has followed Diablo's track from Dark Wood to Black Marsh, from Tamoe Highland to the Rogue Monastery. We found the Cathedral at last, beneath it was a maze of catacombs with rooms full of monsters and undeads. At the lowest level of the Catacomb, we battled Andariel, the Maiden of Anguish.

I hate her Meteor Shower skill which does fire damage, it followed me no matter where I run. Luckily, my friend Necromancer's Fire-heart totem has shit tons more damage and eventually I got through the Monastery unharmed.

Brackans: Why did we have to kill Andariel again old man?
Deckard Cain: Take a look at this map will you? The way to the east is block by Andariel at the Monastery, that's why you have to kill her to gain passage to Lut Gholein.

So we set out, headed to Lut Gholein. The road was long, the weather was harsh. All we did was sit on our arses in the tiny caravan. It was so boring, I wish I had brought my laptop with me so I can watch some American idol along the way. Cain was always complaining about the lack of drinking water. It was a freaking desert you dumbass. It was burning hot. I'm a woman and I need to take a bath everyday. What's wrong with that?

Finally we got to Lut Gholein. Cain almost fainted from dehydration and I broke my toe nail when stepping out of the caravan. But that's ok, I'll do my nail later on. My friend the Necromancer was quiet for the whole journey. Maybe he was allergic to beauty here hehe. Wow, civilization at last. Time to go shopping my friend.

I was level 21 at that time. Time to pat myself in the back. Not bad, not at all. Although the Necromancer was the one who did all the hard work, but I didn't mind, he is a nice gentlemen. A little bit creepy sometimes when he started talking to Undead and Shadows and Rampagors, but he is nice after all.

I still keep my Bowzon gear and I intend to upgrade them a little before rushing out the town again:
For skill, I'd max Barrage, Dragonlore, Wild and Free, Defensive Harmony
For stat, I'd put enough points to strength to wear the Op
Deadfall
Deadfall
Heavy Belt (4)

Defense: (135 - 159) to (178 - 210)
Required Level: 7
Required Strength: 36
Item Level: 19
2% Chance to cast level 2 Shower of Rocks on Kill
1% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(24 to 46)% Enhanced Defense
+(16 to 25) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (485 - 551) to (616 - 700)
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 62
Item Level: 36
2% Chance to cast level 4 Shower of Rocks on Kill
2% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(69 to 92)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 45) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1270 - 1400) to (1595 - 1758)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 218
Item Level: 51
2% Chance to cast level 8 Shower of Rocks on Kill
3% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(115 to 137)% Enhanced Defense
+(56 to 65) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1918 - 2095) to (2403 - 2626)
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 436
Item Level: 85
2% Chance to cast level 12 Shower of Rocks on Kill
4% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(138 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
+(66 to 75) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (2)
Jitan's Kamon
Jitan's Kamon
Splint Mail (4)

Defense: (184 - 208) to (370 - 418)
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 30
2% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds 2-4 Fire Damage
Adds 2-4 Lightning Damage
Adds 2-4 Cold Damage
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (592 - 656) to (1106 - 1225)
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 60
4% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Fire Damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Lightning Damage
Adds (4 to 8)-(8 to 15) Cold Damage
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1466 - 1596) to (2663 - 2898)
Required Strength: 210
6% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Fire Damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Lightning Damage
Adds (16 to 30)-(31 to 45) Cold Damage
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 4%
Socketed (5)
Defense: (2175 - 2352) to (3925 - 4244)
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 420
8% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Fire Damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Lightning Damage
Adds (31 to 60)-(81 to 120) Cold Damage
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)
, dump the rest to Dexterity.
For gears, just grab anything you can on the way to Heaven, erhh, to Hell I mean. You'll be fine, you'll be fine.

But if you are not fine, then these gears set up for bowzon is recommended:
Herald of Skartara
Herald of Skartara
Reflex Bow (4)

Two-Hand Damage: (23 - 29) to (37 - 48)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 11
Required Dexterity: 103
Item Level: 29
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
1% Chance to cast level 3 Phalanx on Kill
1% Chance to cast level 6 Celerity on Kill
15% Attack Speed
Adds (11 to 15)-(21 to 30) Damage
+(35 to 57)% Enhanced Damage
10% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
Two-Hand Damage: (63 - 77) to (93 - 108)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 30
Required Dexterity: 150
Item Level: 40
2% Chance to cast level 7 Phalanx on Kill
2% Chance to cast level 10 Celerity on Kill
25% Attack Speed
Adds (25 to 35)-(41 to 50) Damage
+(81 to 103)% Enhanced Damage
20% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
Two-Hand Damage: (124 - 142) to (173 - 204)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 48
Required Dexterity: 290
Item Level: 67
3% Chance to cast level 11 Phalanx on Kill
3% Chance to cast level 14 Celerity on Kill
35% Attack Speed
Adds (36 to 45)-(51 to 70) Damage
+(126 to 149)% Enhanced Damage
30% Magic Find
Socketed (5)
Two-Hand Damage: (168 - 187) to (230 - 263)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 57
Required Dexterity: 570
4% Chance to cast level 13 Phalanx on Kill
4% Chance to cast level 20 Celerity on Kill
40% Attack Speed
Adds (51 to 60)-(71 to 90) Damage
+(149 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
40% Magic Find
Socketed (6)
Snakehair
Snakehair
Cervelliere (4)

Defense: (43 - 50) to (66 - 76)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 5
Required Strength: 28
Item Level: 10
1% Chance to cast level 7 Arachnomancy on Striking
(3 to 5)% Life stolen per Hit
-(6 to 8)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(12 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
+(11 to 15) to Strength
+(11 to 15) to Dexterity
+50 to Life
Socketed (1)
Defense: (185 - 205) to (242 - 268)
(Amazon Only)
Required Strength: 55
Item Level: 31
1% Chance to cast level 16 Arachnomancy on Striking
(6 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
-(11 to 13)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(47 to 63)% Enhanced Defense
+(21 to 25) to Strength
+(21 to 25) to Dexterity
+100 to Life
Socketed (3)
Defense: (486 - 529) to (628 - 683)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 40
Required Strength: 193
1% Chance to cast level 32 Arachnomancy on Striking
(11 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
-(16 to 18)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(81 to 97)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 35) to Strength
+(31 to 35) to Dexterity
+150 to Life
Socketed (4)
Defense: (734 - 793) to (936 - 1012)
(Amazon Only)
Required Strength: 385
Item Level: 77
1% Chance to cast level 40 Arachnomancy on Striking
(16 to 20)% Life stolen per Hit
-(18 to 20)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(98 to 114)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 40) to Strength
+(36 to 40) to Dexterity
+200 to Life
Socketed (4)
Jitan's Kamon
Jitan's Kamon
Splint Mail (4)

Adds 2-4 Fire Damage
Adds 2-4 Cold Damage
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (2)
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (4)
Physical Resist 4%
Socketed (5)
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)
Deadfall
Deadfall
Heavy Belt (4)

Defense: (135 - 159) to (178 - 210)
Required Strength: 36
2% Chance to cast level 2 Shower of Rocks on Kill
1% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(24 to 46)% Enhanced Defense
+(16 to 25) to Strength
Socketed (1)
Defense: (485 - 551) to (616 - 700)
Required Strength: 62
2% Chance to cast level 4 Shower of Rocks on Kill
2% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(69 to 92)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 45) to Strength
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1270 - 1400) to (1595 - 1758)
Required Strength: 218
2% Chance to cast level 8 Shower of Rocks on Kill
3% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(115 to 137)% Enhanced Defense
+(56 to 65) to Strength
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1918 - 2095) to (2403 - 2626)
Required Strength: 436
2% Chance to cast level 12 Shower of Rocks on Kill
4% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(138 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
+(66 to 75) to Strength
Socketed (2)
Featherclaw
Death Spur
Death Spur
Heavy Boots (4)

Defense: 27 to 39
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 27
1% Chance to cast level 6 Spike Nova on Kill
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
+0.09375 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(11 to 15) to Strength
+(11 to 15) to Dexterity
Socketed (1)
Defense: 109 to 141
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 55
1% Chance to cast level 10 Spike Nova on Kill
+0.15625 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(21 to 25) to Strength
+(21 to 25) to Dexterity
Socketed (2)
Defense: 248 to 310
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 193
1% Chance to cast level 14 Spike Nova on Kill
+0.21875 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(31 to 35) to Strength
+(31 to 35) to Dexterity
Socketed (3)
Defense: 346 to 427
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 386
1% Chance to cast level 16 Spike Nova on Kill
+0.25 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(36 to 40) to Strength
+(36 to 40) to Dexterity
Socketed (4)
Locust Hive
Locust Hive
Arrow Quiver

4% Chance to cast level 1 Arrow on Striking
Adds (2 to 3)-(8 to 10) Magic Damage
(4 to 6)% Life stolen per Hit
. If you can manage to make those, then you would be doing far better than I did.

Well, I farmed Sewer until level 26 and changed to Bloodzon. I got a tier 1 War Scepter, a tier 1 unique sash, which is most valuable to me. I got 72-96 fire damage back then.

Here are the recommended gear set up and skills:
For skill, max Bloodstorm, Bacchanalia, Wild and Free, left over to Defensive Harmony and Balance
For stat, enough point for strength and the rest to energy
For gears, I would recommend those items at level 26:
Sunbearer
Sunbearer
Scepter (4)

One-Hand Damage: 6 to 7
Required Level: 1
Required Dexterity: 16
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
(5 to 20)% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(5 to 7)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-3% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Fire Resist +(11 to 30)%
(4 to 7)% Gold Find
Socketed (1)
One-Hand Damage: 13 to 15
Required Level: 18
Required Dexterity: 37
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
(11 to 30)% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(11 to 20)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-6% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Fire Resist +(21 to 40)%
(9 to 12)% Gold Find
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 20 to 24
Required Level: 37
Required Dexterity: 83
+3 to Amazon Skill Levels
(21 to 40)% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(21 to 30)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-9% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Fire Resist +(31 to 50)%
(14 to 17)% Gold Find
Socketed (3)
One-Hand Damage: 21 to 28
Required Level: 46
Required Dexterity: 171
+4 to Amazon Skill Levels
(31 to 50)% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(31 to 40)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-12% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Fire Resist +(41 to 60)%
(17 to 19)% Gold Find
Socketed (3)
Wildhunt
Wildhunt
Einherjar Helm (4)

Defense: (65 - 74) to (99 - 112)
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 53
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
+(6 to 8)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(6 to 8)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(3 to 10) Life after each Kill
(11 to 15)% Bonus to Defense
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (1)
Defense: (249 - 276) to (339 - 376)
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 78
+(1 to 2) to Amazon Skill Levels
+(11 to 13)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(11 to 13)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(19 to 26) Life after each Kill
(16 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
4% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (3)
Defense: (635 - 691) to (846 - 921)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 42
Required Dexterity: 164
+(16 to 18)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(16 to 18)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(35 to 42) Life after each Kill
(21 to 25)% Bonus to Defense
6% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
Defense: (946 - 1023) to (1254 - 1356)
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 340
+(2 to 3) to Amazon Skill Levels
+(18 to 20)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(18 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(43 to 50) Life after each Kill
(26 to 30)% Bonus to Defense
8% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
Lumen Arcana
Lumen Arcana
Body Armors

'Ith'
Runeword Level: 18
+1 to All Skills
-(3 to 8)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(3 to 8)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(3 to 8)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(3 to 8)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(25 to 50)% Enhanced Defense
+2 to Light Radius
Iblis
Iblis
Gloves

'TyrSur'
Runeword Level: 90
+40 Spell Focus if Sanguine Covenant is Active
+10% Maximum Mana if Solar Flare is Active
+(37 to 42)% to Fire Spell Damage
(25 to 35)% to Energy
Regenerate Mana +(10 to 15)%
Fire Absorb 4%
+10 to Light Radius
Aerin Orbiter
Aerin Orbiter
Belt (4)

Defense: (88 - 96) to (121 - 132)
5% Cast Speed
+(4 to 5)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(4 to 5)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(4 to 5)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(18 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
+(11 to 15) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(3 to 5)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (3 to 5)
Socketed (1)
Defense: (310 - 334) to (389 - 419)
Required Level: 22
Required Strength: 56
15% Cast Speed
+(8 to 9)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(8 to 9)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(8 to 9)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(41 to 52)% Enhanced Defense
+(21 to 25) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(9 to 11)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (9 to 11)
Socketed (2)
Defense: (754 - 805) to (938 - 1001)
Required Strength: 201
25% Cast Speed
+(12 to 13)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(12 to 13)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(12 to 13)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(64 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 35) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(15 to 17)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (15 to 17)
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1104 - 1173) to (1358 - 1443)
Required Strength: 402
30% Cast Speed
+(14 to 15)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(14 to 15)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(14 to 15)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 40) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(18 to 20)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (18 to 20)
Socketed (2)
Lionpaw
Lionpaw
Chain Boots (4)

Defense: (49 - 54) to (71 - 78)
Required Level: 4
Required Strength: 29
+(7 to 10) to all Attributes
+(31 to 50) to Life
+(16 to 25) to Mana
(3 to 5)% Bonus to Defense
10% Gold Find
Socketed (1)
Defense: (203 - 218) to (267 - 288)
Required Strength: 58
+(15 to 18) to all Attributes
+(71 to 90) to Life
+(36 to 45) to Mana
(9 to 11)% Bonus to Defense
15% Gold Find
Socketed (2)
Defense: (519 - 554) to (667 - 712)
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 202
+(23 to 26) to all Attributes
+(111 to 130) to Life
+(56 to 65) to Mana
(15 to 17)% Bonus to Defense
20% Gold Find
Socketed (3)
Defense: (759 - 807) to (974 - 1036)
Required Strength: 403
+(31 to 35) to all Attributes
+(131 to 150) to Life
+(66 to 75) to Mana
(18 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
25% Gold Find
Socketed (4)
Dragonfire
Dragonfire
Phoenix Shield (4)

Defense: (72 - 81) to (139 - 156)
Chance to Block: 4%
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 8
Required Strength:
5% Cast Speed
+(11 to 15)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(16 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(15 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
+(16 to 25) to Vitality
+(16 to 25) to Energy
+(51 to 75) to Life
Requirements -10%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (259 - 282) to (436 - 475)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 25
Required Strength:
10% Cast Speed
+(16 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(26 to 30)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(44 to 57)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 45) to Vitality
+(36 to 45) to Energy
+(101 to 125) to Life
Requirements -15%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (645 - 697) to (1052 - 1138)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 43
Required Strength:
15% Cast Speed
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(36 to 40)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(72 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+(56 to 65) to Vitality
+(56 to 65) to Energy
+(151 to 175) to Life
Requirements -20%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (957 - 1024) to (1559 - 1668)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 52
Required Strength:
15% Cast Speed
+(26 to 30)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(41 to 45)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(87 to 100)% Enhanced Defense
+(66 to 75) to Vitality
+(66 to 75) to Energy
+(176 to 200) to Life
Requirements -25%
Socketed (4)

I got level 33 with some 200-300ish bloodstorm damage. I changed lots of gears and items in the process, but none of them seems to have any significant impact on my damage. I also socketed my items with Ral rune for 5% spell damage. Later on we can craft 6% fire jewel but now Ral rune is the best option

We followed Diablo's track from Dry HIll, Far Oasis, Lost City then Arcane Sanctuary. We came at last to Canyon the Magi and Tal Rasha's tomb, where we battled Duriel and found Tyrael at the end of the chamber. I was not a bit surprised. We are too late as usual. Diablo and Baal have gone to Kurast already. I often wonder how a Dark Wanderer who could barely carry the weight of himself, and a creature in the form of someone who got trapped for 200 years and might be suffering from osteoarthritis could possibly outrun an Amazon who max Wild and Free.

We came back to town. Everybody's asking stuff "Are you hurt? Are you ok?". How nice! My friend the Necromancer did all the work, I barely had to lift my fingers. But I acted as if I have fought a fierce battle. I got carried away too much to the point that I showed people my broken toe nail as an evidence to how badly I got wounded. Later that night, Cain came back with news.

Deckard Cain: Check this out brackans, I got this from youtube

Brackans: What was Marius talking about? The Dark Wanderer was once a great Warrior?
Deckard Cain: Oh yes, his name is Aidan, he was the elder son of King Leoric who ruled over the land of Khanduras and Tristam was just a city in this kingdom. He was the one who defeated Diablo, but he was so convinced that he could withstand Diablo that he had driven the Soulstone into himself, thus being possessed by the Lord of Terror.

Brackans: What about Marius' dream? What about the vision of Tal Rasha and the sacred stone?
Deckard Cain: You know that we can not actually kill Baal for good, if he is slain, he simply returns to the Pit of Burning Hell and waits there to be reborned. So Tyrael chose to imprison the dude in a Soul Stone forever. Pretty smart ass huh? But during the fight with the Horadrim, Baal had shattered the stone in many pieces, and even the biggest piece was not enough to hold the demon for, despite having a pretty slim and delicate figure, he was still too big for the stone.

Brackans: And Tal Rasha decided that binding the stone to himself is a good idea? Good luck having to live in the same house with a creepy slimy demon for the rest of your life.
Deckard Cain: It was a noble sacrifice. No one in there right mind would ever have done that, maybe he was left-handed.
Brackans: Why did the Dark Wanderer make an awful loud scream in the large hall?
Deckard Cain: Do you seriously think that he speaks English? He was talking in a demonic tongue. Maybe you should study that. You know, talking to the undeads and stuff, you should ask your friend the Necromancer. I heard him talking to Shadows and Lamia all the time. Maybe he knows if they are offering any free language courses somewhere in Hell.

Brackans: It was too much vocal there. I think I'll pass. Anyway it was Tyrael who ambushed Diablo. If it had not been because of Marius, he would have subdued that chap because the demon was in human host and still weak.
Deckard Cain: Well, you can not blame Marius. He thought that was Tal Rasha who was bound and shackled there. Baal had deceived him in pulling the stone out of his chest.
Brackans: Well, I got to Tal Rasha chamber and saw a demon name Duriel. Here is how he looked

► Show Spoiler

Deckard Cain:...
Brackans: I'm sorry. This one

Deckard Cain: Wow that shit is scary. No wonder why Duriel is called the Lord of Pain.
Brackans: Why does he have such a name?
Deckard Cain: He wants others to experience pain so much that he can not feel satisfied unless he hears his victims scream and shout in pain. Sometimes he even inflicts wounds to himself for that reason.

So we followed Diablo and Baal to Kurast. The account of our journey has been lost somewhere in Deckard Cain old library. He said he's gonna look into it but I doubt that he will find it soon. We arrived at Kurast at last.

Brackans: Oh hi there. I've heard that you're quite an Alchemist in town
Alkor: Damn it, I wish you people would just leave me alone! I... Oh, you're new here, aren't you? I am Alkor. You came with the Necromancer yesterday, didn't you? Tell him to come visit me more often. I'm very curious about those chaps who use powerful potions to wake the dead and control spirits. Care to take a gander at my Grimoire?
Brackans: Errr...No thanks. I just drop by to ask if you know anything about Natalya the Assassin. She seems to be a bit enigmatic at times
Alkor: I think she is here to keep watch of Ormus, the guy who like to puzzle people with riddles. It seems like she is willing to stick her blade in his ass heart if he shows just a little sign of corruption. She is a member of the order of the Viz-Jaq'taar after all. Natalya is a cute girl. However, I think she could use a special potion. Let me see here, 'Radiant Beauty'... No. 'Ray of Sunshine'... No, that's not it. Ah, here it is: 'Relax Frosty Bitch'. This should help her out.

Well, with those gears set up and skill, I managed to waltz through Terror and Destruction. At level 50, I did Level Challenge 1, 80 for Ennead Challenge and Level 90 level challenge 2. When I got to Destruction, I was already level 112. I got to 120 just by doing quests and moving from act to act. Those are not so hard for me because I have many champions of the sun. But again, the record was somewhere deep in Cain's old library. But the man was lazy as a sloth. He promised me to find those videos and boss fights, but all he did was sitting on his hands all day complaining about the harsh weather and slow internet connection. Does he know that we are very closed to the end and Chaos may consume us all?

Anyhow, before moving on to quests and ubers, I should be doing all the remaining normal story quests, important quests like Den of Evil in act 1, Radament in act 2, Tome of Essen in act 3, Izual in act 4 and Anya in act 5...in all three Difficulties. Then I did 3 Mini games and Act boss tokens for 3 signet of skills, veteran monster eyes for +1 to all skill. For 500 signet of learning quest, I'm slowly disenchanting those Hangman amulet and The Boulder unique jewels, things are slow but I'm ok with it.

Mini game - Eth rune - Bloodzon :

Mini game - Thul rune - Bloodzon:

Remaining Quests and Ubers:

Deckard Cain: So now you just finished Destruction difficulty. Your journey has just begun. Look what I got you my dear
Brackans: That's a pretty long list.
Deckard Cain: We will be working on that list for a while. Well, we'll do the easy ones first, then leave the 3 Brother Laz, MacroNecroX and Uldyssian for last.
Brackans: Wow, we have 39 charms to do? That's freaking lot old man
Deckard Cain: No, some are not charms, like 19. Toraja is for Upgrading the Crystal Flame Medallion, 20. Judgement Day Upgrade, 30. Kabraxis Upgrade, 31. The Void ring or 35. Ghost of Old Bremmtown
Brackans: What does the * mark indicate?
Deckard Cain: Oh, it means that the boss has 2% to drop the trophy.
Brackans: Trophy huh? 2% is kind of low don't you think?
Deckard Cain: Well, it's still higher than the chance to drop a golden cycle.
Brackans: What golden cycle. This?
Deckard Cain: Yeah, you get better chance winning a lottery jackpot than finding that golden cycle in the Sewer my girl. But worry about it later, now you got an important task at hand. You see, at two hundred and eighty plus years old, my backache come horribly to me...

1. Lord Aldric Jitan:
Brackans: Who is this Lord Aldric Jitan?
Deckard Cain: He is one of the character in the novel Moon of the Spider by Richard Knaak. That's why you see the name of the author on the charm before it's identified. In the novel, Lord Aldric Jitan tried to summoned Astrogha - a spider demon trapped in the orb.
Brackans: Hmm, interesting. Too bad I'm only into shopping and dresses, reading is not my area of expertise.
Deckard Cain: Well, I'll spare you the content then. About the charm, it gives you a 10 second spell timer teleport skill which is good at the moment.

Brackans: Why did he lose Hp while immune to everything at 4:14 and 6:57?
Deckard Cain: I don't know
Brackans: Why did she keep summoning Champions of the sun?
Deckard Cain: If he melees something then he spams less Fortress my dear, so you should keep him busy with your summons.
Brackans: Lord Jitan has tri-elemental damage, and he casts spams a lot of Guard Tower, the Guard Men also cast Singularity when they die.
Deckard Cain: Oh you noticed. That's why we have
Jitan's Kamon
Jitan's Kamon
Splint Mail (4)

Adds 2-4 Fire Damage
Adds 2-4 Cold Damage
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (2)
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (4)
Physical Resist 4%
Socketed (5)
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)
in his name, you know, casting Guard Tower, adding Tri-elemental damage, Singularity on death... Kamon 家紋 also means Crest in Japanese. We have
Zayl's Temptation
Zayl's Temptation
Bladed Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (2035 - 2181) to (2430 - 2604)
Chance to Block: 5%
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 120
Regens 15% Life Over 5 Seconds Upon Taking Weapon Damage
+(4 to 6) to Assassin Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Slow Target (15 to 25)%
+(180 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Maximum Block Chance +10%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
as Zayl is a Necromancer appeared in the novel.
Brackans: I said I don't read papa. I just want the charm and that's enough for me there.

2. The Butcher:
Brackans: Cain, Would you care to explain what happened last night?
Deckard Cain: Nothing, I swear! I didn't do nothing!
Brackans: That's not true. It was a full moon last night. Akara told me that she got totally freaked out when she heard a cracking sound in the bush. When she looked back, she saw a figure of an old man with a stick running away. It happened when she was taking a bath in a small creek near our Rouge Encampment. What were you even doing there?
Deckard Cain: It was not my fault. I couldn't sleep there last night. When Akara sneaked out the Rouge Encampment, I suspected that maybe she was on to something so I secretly followed her.
Brackans: Sneaked out? She was carrying extra clothes and body shampoo for God sake.
Deckard Cain: That's what she wanted us to think. We need to be extra careful for the devil may come in many shapes. I just wanted to make sure if she reveals her true form for our own protection.
Brackans: Err...her true form or yours? Anyway, I found something in one of your old book.
Deckard Cain: No, I swear to Heaven that those excessively romantic pictures are not mine brackans. I lent those books to Greed sometime ago coz he said he might make a good sale out of them. God knows what he's done with them.
Brackans: What romantic pictures are you talking about? I'm referring to this
Deckard Cain: Phew, that's The Butcher.
Brackans: He looks kind of small
Deckard Cain: Don't underestimate your opponent. He is a formidable foe with a strong melee attack. He got 20% to spawn a red pentragram on attack, just lure him there and he will be dead. So what you need to do is not to summon your Spirit of Vengeance here, but about 1 or 2 Champions of the sun instead, when the pentragram appear, just use the Jitan's Gate teleport skill behind that so he would have to walk on it. Your bloodstorm would kill him when he lost immunities.

3. Creature of Flame:
Brackans: What are you reading my friend?
Necromancer: Oh it's "Human Taxidermy - A beginner guide". Wanna take a look?
Brackans: :? No thanks. I just wanna ask you about Horazon who summoned the Creature of Flame.
Necromancer: He was a great Vizjerei mage and Bartuc's brother. Well, let's say Horazon was fascinated by the power of Dark Magic in which he could summon and harness a demon and bend it to carry out his will, like training a dog. With some first successful experiments, Horazon determined to summon a much more powerful demon, the Creature of Flame. I have no idea why he wanted to do that. Maybe his German shepherd died and he wanted a replacement of some sort. But in the end it overwhelmed him. There was nothing he could do but trapped it in another dimension and flee as far as possible. But before disappearing into the darkness of his Arcane Sanctuary, people could still hear him yelling "Fuck! Abort mission! This is bullshit..."

Brackans: What gears does that zon have?
Necromancer: She was still weak at the moment. She has 4 basic runewords
Durga

Durga
Scepters

'IstOhmTal'
Runeword Level: 70
+13% Bonus Elemental Damage to Bloodlust
40% Cast Speed
15% Hit Recovery
+25% to Fire Spell Damage
-10% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Attacker Flees after Striking (11 to 15)%
+(30 to 50)% to Summoned Minion Life
+50% to Summoned Minion Damage
3% Reanimate as: Random Monster
(17 to 21)% Gold Find
10% Magic Find
Cambion
Cambion
Amazon Helms

'RalSur'
Runeword Level: 75
+(32 to 37) to Orb of Annihilation
Maximum Mana +(4 to 7)%
Regenerate Mana +(15 to 20)%
Fire Resist +25%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
Poison Length Reduced by 50%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (5 to 10)
+(21 to 30) Life after each Kill
Eloi

Eloi
Amazon Shields

'ThulNefGul'
Runeword Level: 65
15% Attack Speed
+(15 to 25) to Champions of the Sun
+(6 to 8)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
-25 to Energy
Cold Resist +25%
Physical Resist 10%
-5% to All Vendor Prices
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'LoFal'
Runeword Level: 73
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
15% Block Speed
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(10 to 20) to all Attributes
5% to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana +30%
Physical Resist 5%
. She socketed them with rare -10% requirement jewels because of the strength requirement. She also used a
Moonwrap
Moonwrap
Sash (4)

Defense: (16 - 18) to (20 - 21)
Required Level: 1
Required Strength: 25
5% Cast Speed
+3% to Spell Damage
Cold Resist +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (119 - 129) to (131 - 141)
Required Level: 17
Required Strength: 50
15% Cast Speed
+9% to Spell Damage
Cold Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (331 - 353) to (370 - 395)
Required Level: 35
Required Strength: 125
25% Cast Speed
+15% to Spell Damage
Cold Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (493 - 524) to (542 - 576)
Required Level: 43
Required Strength: 250
30% Cast Speed
+20% to Spell Damage
Cold Resist +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (2)
for mana regeneration and little strength requirement instead of
Aerin Orbiter
Aerin Orbiter
Belt (4)

Defense: (88 - 96) to (121 - 132)
5% Cast Speed
+(4 to 5)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(4 to 5)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(4 to 5)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(11 to 15) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(3 to 5)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (3 to 5)
Socketed (1)
Defense: (310 - 334) to (389 - 419)
Required Strength: 56
15% Cast Speed
+(8 to 9)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(8 to 9)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(8 to 9)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(21 to 25) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(9 to 11)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (9 to 11)
Socketed (2)
Defense: (754 - 805) to (938 - 1001)
Required Strength: 201
25% Cast Speed
+(12 to 13)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(12 to 13)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(12 to 13)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(31 to 35) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(15 to 17)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (15 to 17)
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1104 - 1173) to (1358 - 1443)
Required Strength: 402
30% Cast Speed
+(14 to 15)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(14 to 15)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(14 to 15)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(36 to 40) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(18 to 20)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (18 to 20)
Socketed (2)

Brackans: So what should I do to kill this boss?
Necromancer: He has a spell which can 1 shot you. You should be careful not to get in contact with that spell. Running around and dodging should help you here. Your bloodstorm at the moment does so little damage but you can try stacking it and lure him to that spot. Your Witch helps with boosting bloodstorm damage. She could be also very helpful, acting as a distraction so you have some window in casting bloodstorm at the demon's position.

Brackans: What about those Astral Guardian?
Necromancer: Those are there to keep guard of the Creature. If you strike them in melee you might have a shield that protect you from being knocked out by the demon's range physical attack for a short while. It could be useful sometimes.

4. The Binding of Baal:
Brackans: Thank you for waking me up at 5 in the morning. You'd better have a good explanation for it
Deckard Cain: We're gonna go to the Valley of the Snake today so we got to be up early. They're doing some screenshots there where you play Baal to fight Tal Rasha and his Hodrarim, and I got some cash out of it.
Brackans: Why do I have to play the bad guy? He was a bit ugly for my beauty don't you think? And what do I have out of it? What about all the make-up that I have prepared since yesterday? Why are you the one who got cash?
Deckard Cain: Hey hey. I must admit that you're very cute but please...So many questions. Don't ask me, ask the director. Anyway, the Horadrim mages are powerful spell caster, they have something like -250% enemy resistance. So you should be careful out there ok?

5. *Akarat:
Brackans: Who is this Akarat that dropped me a Vision of Akarat book? He died kind of fast that I couldn't even see his face
Deckard Cain: Akarat? He was the founder of the Zakarum church. Rumors said that one day the angel Yaerius decided that he wanted to make a new religion, namely the religion of Zakarum. He chose Akarat and gave him a vision about this world and an understanding about the universe.
Brackans: Angel Yaerius? Let me take a look at the angel family: Imperius - head of the family, check, Inarius - corrupted and mutilated in hell, check, Auriel - the only female angel and still in Heaven, check, Itherael, Malthael, Tyrael, Hadriel - soldiers, check, Izual, traitor and a dumbass, check, Lycander, check. No Yaerius.
Deckard Cain: Well, it was uncertain whether this Yaerius was really an angel or not. You should not forget that the angel Mirakodus who was really Diablo in disguise had come and tricked Juris Khan and led Ureh to ruin many years ago.
Brackans: What is this Zakarum church?
Deckard Cain: It's a faith that worships the Light. Akarat believe that everybody is pure and innocent at the beginning and we all keep it that way. Zakara means Inner Light in their language. Later on the Demon Kabraxis established his own Cult with a opposite believe with the Zakarum that all men possesses three selves: the outer self, the inner self and the shadow self, which is the darkest part of a person.

Later on, when the Horadrims had captured Mephisto in the soulstone, Tal Rasha entrusted the guarding of this object to the hand of Zakarum church. For many centuries, Mephisto's soulstone was kept under the Temple of Light in the city of Travincal. Mephisto tried to corrupt Khalim, who was a Que-Hegan of the Zakarum at that time, but failed because the leader of the Zakarum was too virtuous. So he corrupted one of the High Council member, Sankekur instead. Under the Lord of Hatred's influence, Sankekur murdered Khalim and took command. Thus sending Leoric and Archbishop Lazarus to Tristam was his attempt to free the demon Diablo.

Brackans: Why don't you have any record about Amazon killing Akarat old man?
Deckard Cain: Don't blame me. The fight is too short so it's hard for me to know where to find in thousand of old publication. But I'll try to get you one as soon as possible.
Brackans: I don't know. I just stood there with my champions of the sun and my witch, cast lots of bloodstorms, summoned him and ran 15 yards away to dodge the Thunder Hammer damage. When I got back, he was dead and he dropped me his book. I swear I could make a grand library just for farming his trophy

6. *Legacy of Blood:

7. Assault on Mount Arreat:

8. Death Projector:
Brackans: Where is that Death Projector located?
Deckard Cain: It's in The Proving Ground, 1 of 38 places to visit before you got wrecked by MacroNecroX
Brackans: I miss the old Death Projector. It used to have only 1 laser beam moving in 1 direction just like Volrath the Vile. The Lazer Focus Crystal used to be 1 of the first charm I got.

Deckard Cain: I don't know my dear. But I'm sure the Mechanics have nothing to do with it. They're there just for maintenance work. The Lazer Focus Crytal, or shoud I say, the Terrifying Paint Wetting Head Banging Multiple Lazer Shooting Focused Crystal, lies in the core. This high technology machine is imbued with the most powerful magic of the Zakarum priests spitting single, err no, double then triple separate laser beams, useful for frying herd of cows in a wide area and ensuring the inevitable fate of your under-powered character.

Brackans: I saw that she lured some of the Mechanics away.
Deckard Cain: Well, you need only 1 Mechanic near the Crystal to remove the Immunity Aura, luring the other 7 away to make your job easier.

9. Infernal Machine:
Brackans: I'm scared shitless to go to the Infernal Cave again Cain. There are monsters that slow me down, prevent me from casting. I'm so dead.
Deckard Cain: That should be Basilisk with Spell bind and Unseelie Dame with the Curse. Ha ha you will be moving like a snail in that area.
Brackans: That's not funny! :evil:
Deckard Cain: I'm so sorry. FYI, the Setzschild shield you're carrying makes you walk 40% slower than usual, the Gothic Plate also has 5% penalty to run walk speed. That's why you have Wild and Free my dear.

10. *Azmodan:

11. *Judgement Day:

12. Kurast 3000BA:

13. Island of the Sunless Sea:

14. *Tran Athulua:

15. *Rathma Square:

16. *Quov Tsin:

17. Belial:

18. Khalimgrad:

19. Toraja:

20. Judgement Day Upgrade:

21. *Duncgraid:

22. Bull Prince Rodeo:

23. *Cathedral of Vanity:

24. *The Triune:

Edited by brackans 7 years.
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
25. Astrogha:
Brackans: Hi Cain, I just went back from the Mausoleum, you know, I was doing my usual stuff, killing some mobs, farming my shit. Suddenly I saw a strange boss. It looked like half human half spider.
Deckard Cain: Was this a she or a he?
Brackans: I couldn't tell, it was all black and blurry.
Deckard Cain: When I was young I saw a naked naked Succubus once, she didn't have any clothes on
Brackans: :oops: I know what naked mean. You don't have to say it twice.
Deckard Cain: Could you see the boobies clearly?
Brackans: I couldn't see the upper part of the body well but I think the torso is quite significant
Deckard Cain: :twisted: Ok, grab that torch near the Waypoint brackans, pp me, I'm going in
Brackans: Hold on there tiger. I though you said you have arachnophobia.
Deckard Cain: I lied. Come on, I want to check that out.
Brackans: Not if you give me some information about the boss first
Deckard Cain: Ok, Does it look like this?
► Show Spoiler

Brackans: That's...spiderman
Deckard Cain: How about this?
► Show Spoiler

Brackans: No no, the upper half is human, the lower half is spider
Deckard Cain: Like this?
► Show Spoiler

Brackans: Are you old or something? The head is human, the body is spider you dickhead
Deckard Cain: Ok I give up
Brackans: I saw his name was Astrogha
Deckard Cain: Well, Astrogha was one of Diablo's servant on Sanctuary during the Sin War time. In fact, he was Diablo's representative in the Temple of the Triune, subordinate only to Lucion. But after Lucion's sudden disappearance, Astrogha took the command of the Triune. Later on he was defeated by Lilith, Lucion's sister, and was forced to flee the Temple. Now it seems that you have found him in the Mausoleum.
Brackans: What should I do to kill him?
Deckard Cain: You can use one of these
► Show Spoiler

Brackans: :evil:
Deckard Cain: Ok ok, calm down. He is a heroic boss, so he drops his resistance once in a while. He also summon statues that spawn darklings who deal physical damage I think. If you kill the statue, you got a curse that slow you down and darkling can 1 shot you when you are under that curse. So basically there are 2 ways to deal with him. The first is like this:

Deckard Cain: You use a single target spell, target him only, avoid killing statue, you should be fine.
Brackans: What about the second method?
Deckard Cain: You kill everything, statue, darkings, bossess...Well, you will be under the curse at all time, just don't let nothing touch you. Like this:

Brackans: Erhh, that was not a Zon.
Deckard Cain: Whatever, I was just giving you an example only. Anyway, he often teleports to a corner or behind a column when struck. So you should find a map that have a nice, long corridor or less columns like this:

26. Brachyceran:
Deckard Cain: Listen, you can't just go charging into Brachyceran Lair without any proper gears
Brackans: I will be totally honest with you old man, I didn't expect that Brachyceran can turn me to a worm and knock me out cold.
Deckard Cain: You didn't?
Brackans: No, I just figured he was like a horse fly or something, only bigger. Ok, how can I deal with him?
Deckard Cain: You'll need 450~500 stack fire and poison resistance, 93~95% maximum fire + poison resistance for survivability, 174FHR and 174FCR, -200% enemy fire resistance and get as much % fire spell damage as possible. He will morph you into a worm in which you have -150 fire resistance so just run away from him when you're under the curse. When you get back to normal, it'll be about 6~7 second before you can be morphed again so this is your opportunity to deal as much damage as possible before having to run away again.

Brackans: What items is the Zon wearing?
Deckard Cain: I think
Durga

Durga
Scepters

'IstOhmTal'
40% Cast Speed
15% Hit Recovery
(17 to 21)% Gold Find
10% Magic Find
Kethryes' Warband
, that's why you see Defender Spirit in the video,
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8467 - 9339) to (10376 - 11445)
Required Strength: 700
+3 to All Skills
+1 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+(151 to 200)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(51 to 75)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+150 Life Regenerated per Second
+750 to Life
+375 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
socket with Perfect Bloodstone, Fascinating crafted leather glove and belt socket with Perfect Turquoise,
Spirit Walker
Spirit Walker
Heavy Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 696 to 737
Required Strength: 550
+1% Physical Resist per 18% Mana Regeneration
+2 to All Skills
+(50 to 100) Spell Focus
Jitan's Gate Cooldown Reduced by 1 seconds
+35% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (4)
and
Vision of the Furies
Vision of the Furies
Athulua's Hand (Sacred)

Defense: 2236 to 2331
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 349
Item Level: 105
Fire Elementals Inherit Your Energy and Spell Focus
+25% Bonus Elemental Damage to Bloodlust
+75 Spell Focus
25% Cast Speed
0.375% to Fire Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
+1000 Defense
(21 to 25)% to Vitality
10% to Energy
Physical Damage Reduced by 100
Socketed (4)

Brackans: What gears would you recommend for this boss?
Deckard Cain: Well, as long as you can meet those above-mentioned criteria then I think you can try what you want. But basically go for survivability first then damage later. If you want spoiler then here it is:
► Show Spoiler

Sometimes, you got yourself a really annoying healing Brachyceran like this. You can not stop him from healing even with nightmare, so just do the tp trick aka going back to town when he started healing, it'll work.

27. Yshari Sanctum:

28. Zorun Tzin:

29. *Kabraxis:

30. Kabraxis Upgrade:
Great Topaz

Great Rainbow Stone

Great Saphire

31. The Void ring:

32. The Void charm:

33. *Kingdom of Shadow:

34. *Vizjun:

35. Ghost of Old Bremmtown:

36. Startled Witch:

37. *Brother Laz:
Brackans: OMFG, Brother Laz summon cows now.
Deckard Cain: Well, that would make things worse than before. You need a lot more to defeat him, since the cows are big, fast and have high attack rating. They will swam you and hit you more often.
Brackans: What do I need?
Deckard Cain: Well, open your D2Stat and Speed Calculator. You need to achieve these following breakpoints: 200 IAS, 120 FCR, 280 FBR, 174 FHR, 50% DR, 75% Chance to block, 100% OW, Slain Monster Rest In Peace attribute, as much Flat damage reduce as possible, maybe put some - % enemy fire resistance so you could clear the cows faster. You'll see in the video that the Amazon also has 7k plus mana and about 200k attack rating. You also need to remove some charms like Lucion Soul Stone, Crystal Flame Medallion, Soul of Kabraxis and Cold Fusion Magic. We haven't upgraded our Cathedral of Vanity charm so you can keep that in your inventory.

Brackans: Why do we need to remove Lucion Soul Stone?
Deckard Cain: I'm afraid that the 10% slow target in that charm will mess up with our 50% slow attacker passive in Defensive Harmony, so just leave it out to make sure.
Brackans: Why did that zon has 7k mana?
Deckard Cain: Because even if you put 1 point in Lavapit, it already has high mana cost. I mean you can work your way around it. Just to make sure that your clearing time is acceptable so it will not be more than 4 minutes because Laz can heal himself if he is idle for too long. You also need a tp holder so you don't have to run all the way from the Flayer Jungle when you die.
Brackans: What about skill plan?
Deckard Cain: She max Bacchanalia, Paragon, Balance, 1 point Lavapit, 15 points in Defensive Harmony, 15 points in Wild and Free
Brackans: And gears?
Deckard Cain: You can try many different set up as long as you keep the above requirements. But I think she uses
Lacuni Cowl
Lacuni Cowl
Skull Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2865 - 3115) to (2964 - 3222)
Required Level: 90
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
Adds 150-200 Fire Damage
Adds 150-200 Lightning Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(130 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 1)%
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
Warrior's Robe
Ashaera's Armor
Ashaera's Armor
Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 1687 to 1760
Required Strength: 575
+(21 to 25) Spell Focus
+(11 to 15)% to Spell Damage
+500 Defense
(11 to 15)% to Energy
Elemental Resists +(10 to 15)%
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (2)
Spirit Walker
Spirit Walker
Heavy Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 696 to 737
+1% Physical Resist per 18% Mana Regeneration
+2 to All Skills
+(50 to 100) Spell Focus
Jitan's Gate Cooldown Reduced by 1 seconds
+35% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (4)
Chargebreaker
Chargebreaker
Setzschild (4)

Defense: (492 - 573) to (969 - 1127)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 12
Required Strength: 39
1% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
(10 to 15)% Block Speed
+(35 to 57)% Enhanced Defense
(8 to 10)% to Strength
(8 to 10)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 5%
Physical Damage Reduced by (3 to 5)
(8 to 10)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (1)
Defense: (1695 - 1902) to (3048 - 3418)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 77
(20 to 25)% Block Speed
+(81 to 103)% Enhanced Defense
(14 to 16)% to Strength
(14 to 16)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 7%
Physical Damage Reduced by (9 to 11)
(14 to 16)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (3)
Defense: (4287 - 4723) to (7550 - 8319)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 270
3% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
(30 to 40)% Block Speed
+(126 to 149)% Enhanced Defense
(20 to 22)% to Strength
(20 to 22)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 9%
Physical Damage Reduced by (15 to 17)
(20 to 22)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (5)
Defense: (6416 - 6983) to (11272 - 12268)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 56
Required Strength: 539
(40 to 50)% Block Speed
+(149 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(23 to 25)% to Strength
(23 to 25)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 10%
Physical Damage Reduced by (18 to 20)
(23 to 25)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
, Abandon shire crafted War Scepter, Gauntlet, 2
Der Nebelring
Der Nebelring
Ring

Required Level: 110
+(20 to 30)% to Summoned Minion Life
+15% to Summoned Minion Damage
+1000 Defense
+400 to Life
Physical Resist (4 to 6)%
+(40 to 50) Life after each Kill
+2 to Light Radius
, an amulet with 1% chance of blocking I forgot the name, but if you don't have that, you can try to get 3615 dexterity to have 75% block and a
Lamen of the Archbishop
Lamen of the Archbishop
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+4 to All Skills

Brackans: Haha that Amazon was so bad. She missed too many chances to hit Laz. She definitely need more practice,

38. *Uldyssian:

39. MacroNecroX
Brackans: Hi Cain, help me. There is a boss in a World Stone Chamber. I dark summoned him, hoping to rape him with my bloodstorms but "BAM" and I was dead. I was so scared I literally peed my pant.
Deckard Cain: Don't worry my dear. Daddy is here. Well, this boss is MacroNecroX, right hand of Brother Laz back in the day. He is very strong indeed. You might need
Yaerius' Alembic
Yaerius' Alembic
Light Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (2202 - 2752) to (2286 - 2857)
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength:
+(41 to 50) Spell Focus
+15% Damage to Vessel of Justice
+15% Damage to Vessel of Retribution
+(21 to 25)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(1 to 3) to Veneration of Justice (Paladin Only)
+(1 to 3) to Ward of Fate (Paladin Only)
(31 to 40)% to Energy
Requirements +50%
Socketed (2)

Yaerius' Grey Omen
(Paladin Neutral Set)
for the Sacred Armor O-Skill there my dear. Otherwise he will 1 hit you.
Brackans: What gear set up should I be using for this boss?
Deckard Cain: Well, you'll need a tp holder so you don't have to worry about picking up your corpse after you die. But remember to summon him in p1 to make the fight easier. About gear, make sure you have -200% enemy fire resistance, go straight Fire spell damage as much as possible without worrying too much about defense and resist because you have sacred armor and he'll 1 hit you anyway. Equip yourself with double
The Seal of Kharos
The Seal of Kharos
Ring

Required Level: 60
Item Level: 80
+(1 to 2) to Amazon Skill Levels
25% Cast Speed
+(16 to 25)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(11 to 15)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(11 to 15)% to Summoned Minion Life
-50 Life Regenerated per Second
so you have low Hp and thus trigger the Bacchanalia passive. You can see in this video, the amazon use a
Durga

Durga
Scepters

'IstOhmTal'
40% Cast Speed
15% Hit Recovery
(17 to 21)% Gold Find
10% Magic Find
, a
Cambion
Cambion
Amazon Helms

'RalSur'
Runeword Level: 75
+(32 to 37) to Orb of Annihilation
Maximum Mana +(4 to 7)%
Regenerate Mana +(15 to 20)%
Fire Resist +25%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
Poison Length Reduced by 50%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (5 to 10)
+(21 to 30) Life after each Kill
, fascinating crafted quited armor, glove, and boot,
Ea
Yaerius' Alembic
Yaerius' Alembic
Light Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (2202 - 2752) to (2286 - 2857)
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength:
+(41 to 50) Spell Focus
+15% Damage to Vessel of Justice
+15% Damage to Vessel of Retribution
+(21 to 25)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(1 to 3) to Veneration of Justice (Paladin Only)
+(1 to 3) to Ward of Fate (Paladin Only)
(31 to 40)% to Energy
Requirements +50%
Socketed (2)

Yaerius' Grey Omen
(Paladin Neutral Set)
. Maybe you can try with a different set up because those are not optimal gears.

Brackans: Can I 1 shot him?
Deckard Cain: I have never seen a zon 1 shot him. If you've seen anyone does that, please let me know.

Special thanks

I would like to thanks:
Brother Laz and MacroNecroX for this awesome mod
suchbalance for his videos
Pinball for suggesting new idea and support
VoidMXL for gear recommendations and uber advice
Nocreativity123 for items and tips especially in the Startled Witch section
mind_chocolate for gears suggestions and tips especially in the Duncgraid section
gave15 for sharing his understanding about ubers and bosses
vame22 for helping me especially in the early game and the Void quest
hanibal for his endless support throughout the game and tip with the Uldyssian boss fight
Ceddeh for his help in the Yshari section
Mordor_ for his tips and game play especially in the Astrogha, Zorun Tzin and Brother Laz section
LHawkins1 for his gear suggestions and boss fight tactics especially in The Triune and MacroNecroX
Snuden42 for his support and guide idea
Mavevol for his tips about Brachyceran and the Void
Edited by brackans 7 years.
Montel
Destroyer
6 | 0
Dope guide Vincent. I will definitely be making one of these in Chaos, also thank you Deckard cain for your wise words.
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
Montel wrote:Dope guide Vincent. I will definitely be making one of these in Chaos, also thank you Deckard cain for your wise words.

The purpose of this guide is a bit different but you can still find the normal stuff like gears and skills plan in the Quick Question section. Wel, Deckard Cain is old so he may miss many points sometimes, but sure he will come back and correct those.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
amazing guide, was kinda waiting for this after watching u play amazon on stream this much
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
Jaedong wrote:amazing guide, was kinda waiting for this after watching u play amazon on stream this much

Thanks man, I think the experience of each player with the Zon will be different though. This one serves just as an inspiration for other players to explore the character potential, it doesn't have other demanding stuff though.
King-Kroc
Acid Prince
47 | 1
awesome short story guide.
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
Beautiful and instructive story of the bloodzon. I wonder how this will affect the statistics of the next season:)
Cookied of course.
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
DeaTh wrote:Beautiful and instructive story of the bloodzon. I wonder how this will affect the statistics of the next season:)
Cookied of course.

Thank you DeaTh, there are 7 characters to choose from and there are lots of things to be tested and experienced even with just 1 character alone. But personally I guess Necromancer would be preferred the most.
snuden42
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
damn brack!! Nice guide love the story aspect :D

hopefully you soon have all ubers in there aswell love to read the full thing..

thx for the guide and gl in chaos ladder :D