Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Try oil of blessed luck first, then ED% if not already capped, then life leech. P rainbows in the sockets for the paragon life bonus of course.
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
suchbalance wrote:To illustrate how much damage you are losing by having mismatched arrow projectiles consider the following example. We are using the SSU Stag Bow and the SSU Spangenhelm. The bow has a 25% CtC lvl 10 arrow on striking and the helm has a 10% CtC lvl 1 arrow. Both among the best endgame equips. So what are the chances that upon striking an enemy we shoot off an additional projectile?

Both events can occur and they are mutually independent, so P(L10 U L1) = 0.25 + 0.1 - 0.25*0.1 = 32.5%. This is the probability that on every strike you get a lvl1 arrow or a lvl 10 arrow or two arrows. Now if instead the bow also had a lvl1 arrow proc the probability of getting a projectile would be 35%. So mixing the different projectiles nets you 7.69% less total arrows on striking.

The bigger your source of one projectile, the more damage you will lose by not matching the projectiles. If in the above example you also had Albrecht's revenge equipped as your chest armour (so you would have 20% arrow1 and 25% arrow10) the theoretical damage loss would increase to 12.5%.

Faulty math there, as you said, 32.5% chance of getting a lvl 1 or lvl 10 or two arrows. You'd have a 2.5% chance of two arrows, so if you wanted to compare total arrow procs, you'd have to add that to the 32.5%.. what do you know.. 35%.
You didn't even go into the recursive properties of striking procs.. ultimately having no chance of two arrows will make your damage more consistent, but it won't net you less arrows on average.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
That was just my attempt to simplify the discussion which I did not do very well. See page 2 for the full story.
LG_Blitz
Bone Archer
70 | 5
So, i recently just completed the pantheon set, what is the recommended socket and MO for each piece?
Aziraphale
Imp
4 | 0
Soooo the update completely neutered jitans kamon, it does like 10% of its previous damage. Any other good chests to use for early-mid game?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Aziraphale wrote:Soooo the update completely neutered jitans kamon, it does like 10% of its previous damage. Any other good chests to use for early-mid game?

It's part of the damage rework. Read the patch notes first.

The damage is virtually the same. Just ratio'd numbers.
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Did anything significant change with the latest patch?
tran555
Prowler
15 | 0
Wondering that too. I guess removal of - monster resistance is a big deal ?
tran555
Prowler
15 | 0
Changelog wont tell much to a person that played median xl little or never before :)
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I've played a lot, i went over the quest log quickly, didn't notice anything major, but MOs got rekt quite hard and no more -res MOs for example. So theres that, beyond that is there anything else I should be aware of?