Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
LHawkins1 wrote:The thing about teleport is that when you teleport, it appears as everyone travels together, but the game reads it as you going first and minions following, so any Melee mob will immediately target you first. Ranged monsters will do the same but once your minions move, they go to the "top of the stack" and will take ranged hits for you.

idk lh, i think when you and minions are in melee range to some monster, the monster will always prioritize the player as the target, even if the player enters melee range after the minion
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
void wrote:
LHawkins1 wrote:The thing about teleport is that when you teleport, it appears as everyone travels together, but the game reads it as you going first and minions following, so any Melee mob will immediately target you first. Ranged monsters will do the same but once your minions move, they go to the "top of the stack" and will take ranged hits for you.

idk lh, i think when you and minions are in melee range to some monster, the monster will always prioritize the player as the target, even if the player enters melee range after the minion

I don't see an argument here. You said the same thing i said
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
cool guide !

when i play summoner i love the use of path of flames (100k dmg per second) and frost claw totem, also i prefer dual weapon for much faster teleport, runemaster uberskill and eagle stance as main, my summons only provide buff to totems/path of flames/merc
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Wait a minute now, a walkthrough using basically only a merc? Using minions for some cc and minor damage? (NEEDING SU LABRYS TO DO CHARMS?!, this actually bothers me) I'm sorry but it was done last ladder. I also made a fully functioning summoner this ladder (not merc based but it helps) and did all the easier charms. Including bpr (this was cancer though, don't try it without good gear and bane staff).
Yes it was untwinked. I was lucky to find the gloves and the helm.
Also please reroll your merc items. They make my suicidal thoughts come back. That flamberge is garbage if you actually want him to do any damage and not just fancy with procs. Also just to clarify, i'm not salty or upset over anything. I just don't get the hype and everything when I specifically streamed untwinked runs of both build this and last ladder. If you want help to build a really strong fire based merc (he uses ancients hand) i'll help you out with gear tips though.
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
RollsRoyce wrote:cool guide !

when i play summoner i love the use of path of flames (100k dmg per second) and frost claw totem, also i prefer dual weapon for much faster teleport, runemaster uberskill and eagle stance as main, my summons only provide buff to totems/path of flames/merc

Good point about PoV and frostclaw totem here, it can be upgraded version in end game 8-) i'll add this.

Wait a minute now, a walkthrough using basically only a merc? Using minions for some cc and minor damage?

Not the walkthrough, i mentioned that it's better to all leveling and charms as melee (you dont need SU Labrys, i just used this bcoz i had)

I'm sorry but it was done last ladder.

Who cares? There wasnt any barb summoner guide and i simply threw an idea for people who love such builds. I didnt say it wasnt done before.

Also please reroll your merc items.

I'll do ASAP :mrgreen: The problem i barely play bcoz of work and cant progress fast enough, so havent shrines to reroll.

Also just to clarify, i'm not salty or upset over anything. I just don't get the hype and everything when I specifically streamed untwinked runs of both build this and last ladder.

Wat the hype? Sry, i dont watch any streams.

If you want help to build a really strong fire based merc (he uses ancients hand) i'll help you out with gear tips though.

Could be nice :mrgreen:
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
RollsRoyce wrote:runemaster uberskill and eagle stance as main, my summons only provide buff to totems/path of flames/merc

Tell me more about your fucking summoner. Because you forgot to include him in this post. Fagget
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Pain wrote:

Who cares? There wasnt any barb summoner guide
you haven't searched everywhere . there are at least 4 . and it's not like you're reinventing the wheel . summon barbarians have been played since many years ago , so much , that they no longer need updated guides in order to be played , reason why you always see some of them each ladder

it's not such a good guide as it looks now by the way . it needs more work
Edited by ChuckNoRis 7 years.
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Pain wrote:

Who cares? There wasnt any barb summoner guide
you haven't searched everywhere . there are at least 4 . and it's not like you're reinventing the wheel . summon barbarians have been played since many years ago , so much , that they no longer need updated guides in order to be played , reason why you always see some of them each ladder

I found only one in your SP compilation but it's another thing :|
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
as i said , you haven't looked everywhere . there are guides on older forums that are still viable . just because you don't see it here it don't mean it can't be found anywhere . there are 2 older forum versions that contain lots of guides/miniguides that are not here .

edit : here is one from 2010 that's still viable https://web.archive.org/web/20100819055 ... hp?t=17605

there was an older one here from 2009 https://web.archive.org/web/20100819055 ... hp?t=11645 but it got deleted by OP . i think it can still be found trough the web archive .

the changes for the barbarian summoner were unsignificant during the years / game patches . old guides are still very viable and contain valuable informations
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
RandomOnions wrote:
RollsRoyce wrote:runemaster uberskill and eagle stance as main, my summons only provide buff to totems/path of flames/merc

Tell me more about your fucking summoner. Because you forgot to include him in this post. Fagget

in my definition im playing a summoner if most of my skills are invested into the summoner tree, which i did, im using the rest just to max out the strength of my character and having more summons just doest add anything

but you are right, im more a hybrid than a pure summoner (which needs a buff)