Melee Necromancer

Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Cheers, thanks for the advice, this guide has been super helpful; this is my first melee character and it's owning proper.
misosozi
Prowler
16 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hello.

I would like to craft rare amulet with doom for my WDM build but it is disabled for this season. Any other options?
You cant craft rings/amulets with shrines right?
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
no, find good rares or gamble.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Doom is useless anyway. Just try to get 3-5 +skills and maybe some nice -fire res.
misosozi
Prowler
16 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hello Stealthmaster.

I am at Judgement Day stage. I have really hard times trying to beat that chellange. I respeced as you suggested, crafted Crucible Crossbow.

I pop sacrifices, then totem, then rathmas, then dark summon, then quickly move from summoning spot, start shooting and my HP starts to drop very fast while avatars are trying to kill totem. Even if I manage to survive till first boss, he one shoots me. Is there something I am missing here?

Cheers.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
misosozi wrote:Even if I manage to survive till first boss, he one shoots me. Is there something I am missing here?

There are few important moments here:

1. You must have enabled sound when doing this uber. Also the volume has to be efficient for you to recognise avatar's spawning moment;
2. You must have sufficient damage from Voodoo Shot to be able to one-shot an avatar till he becomes invulnerable. If your min. damage is below 10k, you'll most likely fail in this quest. Max damage should be about 20k iirc;
3. :!: When an avatar spawns you'll have to quickly step back to avoid homing Psicrown missiles. If you don't have magic resists against Tremor (screen shaking), you'll most likely be with ~5% hp when an avatar casts Psicrown. If you don't make a backstep it will lead to a quick death of your char;
4. If you failed to kill an avatar and he ended up with a little hp and a glowing circle around him, remake the game.
misosozi
Prowler
16 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Thanks for response.

I will try again with your instructions.

I just have one more question. Is it normal that I take damage somehow while those white barb avatars are hitting the totem? I am <20% of HP all the time till I get oneshoted by The Avatar.

Cheers.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
They cast Tremor which reduces your current life by percentage (it has big area of effect). It is not Tremor that kills you but Psicrown from a spawned avatar which deals sufficient damage to kill a char with low hp.

Hint: you can survive even with ~100 hp left as long as you kill an avatar and dodge Psicrown. Note that if he casts Psicrown and then dies the spell will still be able to collide with you so keep your eyes open.
misosozi
Prowler
16 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Much ablige Sir Stealthmaster.

I wish I could spot things as you do :).

Is there a possibility to complete this chellange with melee spec?

Cheers.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
You can complete JDay uber with melee spec just to get a charm with luring dark edyrem away from an avatar. Much easier to do online because of rejoining feature so you won't need to make a TP in Jail lvl 3.