MXL Launcher 0.3.1

Discuss Median XL!
NikafieNd
Abomination
152 | 7
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Just a small thing I've noticed, I have windowed mode un-ticked in settings but after closing the launcher and reloading it, it'll launch the game in windowed mode until i open and close setting menu.

And who this "AAAAAAA" character im unable to load in single player xD
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I have no idea what I did, but somehow now both d2se and the launcher work again...

btw I found another bug: When I started the game via launcher it was in windowed mode, so I closed it, got back to the launcher, clicked on settings and... nothing. Looks like the settings won't load if you started the game before via launcher.

I had to close the launcher in order to be able to change the settings.
kikinak
Vampiress
36 | 1
Tried using the installer to install to my desktop. It worked for a while but then I got this
After closing that error the launcher opened anyway but was stuck doing this

EDIT: Closing and reopening the launcher seemed to fix it, but it installed median xl fresh for some reason.

Also, can you not use plugy with this?
IncognitoMan
Destroyer
7 | 0
Question.

Does this read via the registry line to determine install path or can it use a custom install path/read from the "working" directory?... Just trying to keep things clean and able to use all the other mods id want to play since it seems everyone is moving to a launcher and away from D2SE. ( PoD will apparently soon work off the working directory rather than checking registry )

Thanks.
-----
Thunder Beetle
56 | 1
Will someone with a working install please copy and paste the text in their settings.json file?
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
----- wrote:Will someone with a working install please copy and paste the text in their settings.json file?

► Show Spoiler
-----
Thunder Beetle
56 | 1
IncognitoMan wrote:Question.

Does this read via the registry line to determine install path or can it use a custom install path/read from the "working" directory?... Just trying to keep things clean and able to use all the other mods id want to play since it seems everyone is moving to a launcher and away from D2SE. ( PoD will apparently soon work off the working directory rather than checking registry )

Thanks.

Hello,
The launcher will first check if the D2 directory is specified in the settings.json file. Next it will check if it is specified in the registry. Finally it will open a MSDN dialog box with a file explorer so you can specify the install directory yourself.

So I think you should specify the path yourself in settings.json if you want multiple installations of D2 or something.
mangapwnz
Skeleton
2 | 0
I also got the "A JavaScript error occurred in the main process" error during install. I "fixed" (not that it seemed to cause any actual problems) it by changing the path in settings.json to the correct one and then reinstalling without removing the settings file. Maybe you should let the user enter the correct D2 path during install to avoid future problems.

As a side note: I don't see any of the cool new GUI features in this version and PlugY isn't here by default either. Is there a problem or is it supposed to be like that?
MrFunk
Bone Archer
77 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I don't know if I'm just lucky but this launcher has been a god-send.

For the first time ever I can play without the game ruining my resolution and desktop composition. Prior to using the launcher when I would configure glide it would just crash but now it works! Having a 3 monitor setup used to be a disaster while trying to play full screen and now it's awesome. I'm so happy! :D

Installed on Windows 10 with zero issues.
halfacandan
Prowler
18 | 1
mangapwnz wrote:As a side note: I don't see any of the cool new GUI features in this version and PlugY isn't here by default either. Is there a problem or is it supposed to be like that?

I suspect that the new GUI which you're talking about is part of Sigma. It's not going to be released as part of Median 2017 but Marco is going to give us a release date for 2017 in the next couple of days:

Marco wrote:On a more happy note, we will announce 2017 release date in the next 1-2 days :)

viewtopic.php?p=98310#p98310
Edited by halfacandan 6 years.