Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Feeles wrote:Also it may be useful to mention in the build (for noobs like me) that if you die you need to unequip and reequip the tome of possession because when you die the aura goes off... or this is only for those who use the book and without it is not an issue?

L H wrote:DO NOT HAVE SHADOWS SUMMONED DURING THIS FIGHT, or if you are specced melee for this, DO NOT USE KHAZRA PLATE. The Demon Blood Aura has HP Regeneration and it will apply to Arihan every time he is charmed. Also to note, every time you die, you have to re-equip the Tome of Possession (just pick it from inventory and put it back down in inventory) or else every time you charm Arihan, he will heal instead of take damage from Primus' Messenger.

It's written in the notes section already.
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:
Feeles wrote:Also it may be useful to mention in the build (for noobs like me) that if you die you need to unequip and reequip the tome of possession because when you die the aura goes off... or this is only for those who use the book and without it is not an issue?

L H wrote:DO NOT HAVE SHADOWS SUMMONED DURING THIS FIGHT, or if you are specced melee for this, DO NOT USE KHAZRA PLATE. The Demon Blood Aura has HP Regeneration and it will apply to Arihan every time he is charmed. Also to note, every time you die, you have to re-equip the Tome of Possession (just pick it from inventory and put it back down in inventory) or else every time you charm Arihan, he will heal instead of take damage from Primus' Messenger.

It's written in the notes section already.

Ops... Sry. Anyway some tactical hints?

Bats are a problem.. when i have body on they die easily, without it funeral pyre is very slow.. i got bloodmage hire that cleans bat very fast but i'm afraid he can inner fire arihan.. can he?

Also when arihan goes half life, his Speed is a problem, also he uses a skill like ghosts coming up from floor.. is there something to know to neutralize that?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Feeles wrote:Ops... Sry. Anyway some tactical hints?

L H wrote:Basically, what you want to have happen is to set Primus' Messenger in between yourself and Arihan, so that any time he fires his missile bolts, they will be directed in the opposite direction from you, removing any threat of you being cursed. Also, this allows you to comfortably stand and watch the fight, hovering your mouse over Arihan, so that as soon as you see his name pop up as a target, you re-cast Dire Charm.

There are a few items which can make this easier. Remember how I said Dire Charm has unpredictable timers and durations? There are three SSU items that can make this fight go much less stressful because they offer oskills that have much longer durations and very short, static timers:
Faerie Pyre
Faerie Pyre
Serpent Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (213 - 271) to (302 - 392)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 555
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.19 per Dexterity)%
Laughing Ghost: +8% Bonus Magic Damage per Summon Skill Base Level
1% Chance to cast level 10 Arrow on Striking
Adds (50 to 80)-(130 to 190) Damage
15% Life stolen per Hit
+(130 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
+28 to Laughing Ghost
Fire Absorb (1 to 5)%
Lightning Absorb (1 to 5)%
Cold Absorb (1 to 5)%
(25 to 50)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
- Charm oskill - 10sec duration, very short timer.
Issalfarstafr
- Charm oskill - 10sec duration, very short timer.
Karybdus' Descent
Karybdus' Descent
Marrow Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 45 to 49
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 275
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Strength)%
Bane: +100% Duration
Death Ripple: +1 Projectile
2% Chance to cast level 50 Blood Skeleton on Death Blow
+(8 to 11) to Necromancer Skill Levels
-25% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
Maximum Elemental Resists (-1 to 1)%
Physical Resist (5 to 10)%
Socketed (6)
- Dominate oskill - 20sec duration, ~1.5 second timer.

The best option, obviously being the Marrow Staff, but if you have access to any of these three, keep them on switch during the boss fight. Simply switch to these, cast Charm, switch back to your main in case any bats or monsters spawn, but keep a mental countdown in your head so you know when Arihan will lose his charm so that you can switch weapons in time and re-charm him with no setbacks.

Main point there being the first part, which is all about your positioning. Middle paragraph is item options to make it easier. Third paragraph is general explanation for charming/attacking. Basically, combine the three. Positioning + longer charm + bat clearing precautions/TP.

Feeles wrote:Bats are a problem.. when i have body on they die easily, without it funeral pyre is very slow.. i got bloodmage hire that cleans bat very fast but i'm afraid he can inner fire arihan.. can he?

Arihan is not a targetable ally when he is charmed, so inner fire can't be cast on him. He becomes an ally, so the aura from shadows/khazra plate would apply, but active skill can't be cast on him while he is charmed.

Feeles wrote:Also when arihan goes half life, his Speed is a problem, also he uses a skill like ghosts coming up from floor.. is there something to know to neutralize that?

Don't stand on the ghost burning floor thing and it won't damage you. Key to the fight is written above -- keep your mouse hovered over him so you can charm him as soon as the previous cast wears off. This will ensure that he won't have enough time to cast anything that would damage you. If he casts the attack while he is charmed, it will damage your enemies and remain that way after the charm wears off, unless he casts it again while he is hostile.
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Thanks for explaining it deeply, i will give a next try and let you know :)
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Finally i can give cookies!!

Cookied for build accuration and support on understanding :)

I will follow this​ build for my 1st toon on this new ladder, wity just few adjustment (i'm quite sure you will also improve the build after real tries about new patch).
Quite sure i will get at least 1 point in Talon's Hold to get some reanimations, since totems doesn't provide them anymore.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Feeles wrote:Quite sure i will get at least 1 point in Talon's Hold to get some reanimations, since totems doesn't provide them anymore.

Careful, as far as I know, totems will not reanimate anything.
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Feeles wrote:Finally i can give cookies!!

Cookied for build accuration and support on understanding :)

I will follow this​ build for my 1st toon on this new ladder, wity just few adjustment (i'm quite sure you will also improve the build after real tries about new patch).
Quite sure i will get at least 1 point in Talon's Hold to get some reanimations, since totems doesn't provide them anymore.

Also note that the skillplanner for this build may not be accurate anymore, since totem damage has been nerfed.

I'm not sure of how much it has been nerfed, but 1pointer in totems will probably not be enough anymore. (Which was insane that it was before, considering how OP totems were).
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Zennith wrote:
Feeles wrote:Quite sure i will get at least 1 point in Talon's Hold to get some reanimations, since totems doesn't provide them anymore.

Careful, as far as I know, totems will not reanimate anything.

That's why Talon's Hold.

They say damage got nerfed yes, we still need to see how much nerfed, but since i have no problem in SP p8 it should still be a good dmg output. Maybe yes some skill investment may be needed and some more MO for fire spell power, but i have faith totemancer will still be a valueable build to farm unformed land and toraja
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

Totems themselves will not cause reanimates to spawn. Only things that your own necromancer (not his totem spells) actually kills will cause reanimates.

ShadowDawn wrote:Also note that the skillplanner for this build may not be accurate anymore, since totem damage has been nerfed.

I'm not sure of how much it has been nerfed, but 1pointer in totems will probably not be enough anymore. (Which was insane that it was before, considering how OP totems were).

I aim to update it towards the middle/end of this new season, hopefully. *most* things are fairly accurate, but it will see a lot of changes to text, shortening up extra unnecessary words and explanations, etc. Some gear will change slightly as well.
strick9
Fallen
1 | 0
I'm new to all this. Even with the latest changes, you think this is strong enough to run as first char, or should I try something else?

Thanks for helping make the community strong!