Median XL 2017

Game news and forum updates
dprazak
Cultist
24 | 2
suchbalance wrote:Yes, launcher is optional for M2017.

Although we do recommend that anyone who is new and on a modern OS uses it, since it makes installation and set up very easy.

Hey suchbalance, I am using the launcher and it works great for me. I thought I read somewhere that the launcher installs new patches automatically. Will this be true for the upcoming patch? Or will I need to manually download it and place it in the appropriate directory? I don't have a ton of computer knowledge which is why the launcher worked well for me.

Thanks for anyone's help, I appreciate it.
Fjodik
Invader
8 | 1
I believe that the launcher will download the new median version and all future updates automatically.
Enigma
Heretic
409 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Is the launcher available for download yet?
Dradar
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Enigma wrote:Is the launcher available for download yet?

Yes. https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4150
tarrasqueSorcerer
Stone Warrior
33 | 2
The core announcement mentioned that PlugY might not work with 2017 and won't work with Σ. So are we going to lose infinite/shared stash functionality, or will the game itself provide it?
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:The core announcement mentioned that PlugY might not work with 2017 and won't work with Σ. So are we going to lose infinite/shared stash functionality, or will the game itself provide it?

I really feel like i heard something about stash tabs in sigma somewhere.. But it's probably just my mind playing tricks on me..

This is the closest i could find to an answer:

Quirinus wrote:PlugY will probably not be supported, as Sigma won't use it, and I'm not sure about Median 2017 (it will probably work). If I have enough time, I might try implementing it.

Link to the post: viewtopic.php?p=96139#p96139
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:The core announcement mentioned that PlugY might not work with 2017 and won't work with Σ. So are we going to lose infinite/shared stash functionality, or will the game itself provide it?

PlugY will work for sp in m17 but it will lose compatibility in sigma.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
lordalexander74
Bone Archer
77 | 0
I know it's not terribly necessary, but I'm hoping something can be worked out. I'm a pack rat/hoarder in just about every game I play.
urabus
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I CANT WAIT TO TRY THIS NEW PATCH. I LOVE YOU MACRO
anyway
Imp
4 | 0
Hello i got 2 stupid questions cause im out off touch sorry is median XL 2017 the same as sigma or sigma will be different but with the 2017 core and will i be able to play on more than 800x600 ?