Creating A Better Bestiary

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
SingleInfinity
Stygian Watcher
44 | 8
Hi everyone,

I been working with Rishab to work towards making a better overall Bestiary for everyone
The goal is to end up with a webpage based on the table of data that I've scraped from Rishab's
forum based solution. What we're left with is a CSV with all of the proper info (and consistent empty fields)
with which someone should be able to make a pretty HTML/CSS webpage with.

If anyone wants to help out, or try their hand at making everyone a fancy webpage to be able to search for monsters,
I'll attach the current CSV containing all the data. If there's anything wrong anyone finds, or needs some explanation on,
pm me or throw me a message on discord @Infinity.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Thanks everyone.

MXL Bestiary
crusherexe
Imp
4 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Did you have any designs in mid?
SingleInfinity
Stygian Watcher
44 | 8
Pretty much just expected a half decent background with a table with columns for a monsters picture/gif and name, and then all the data in-line with it, separated on columns. Bonus points for having it be indexed, and sortable by each column
crusherexe
Imp
4 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
On it, do you have a folder with all the pictures?
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
crusherexe wrote:On it, do you have a folder with all the pictures?

i have all the monster pics, also they r all posted in the bestiary thread.
but i m planning on adding the gif (animated) images of the monsters in the new bestiary, some pics i have some i dont have
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
SingleInfinity
Stygian Watcher
44 | 8
The easy way to get the current pictures is to go to the bestiary page and save the page as html. That'll grab all the pictures and save them to a folder.
ryunp
Lava Lord
97 | 73
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
Are you aiming for a static clientside solution like this: https://codepen.io/ryunp/full/BRvBdZ/? The JS table formatter https://datatables.net/ is great for this sort of stuff.
SingleInfinity
Stygian Watcher
44 | 8
ryunp wrote:Are you aiming for a static clientside solution like this: https://codepen.io/ryunp/full/BRvBdZ/? The JS table formatter https://datatables.net/ is great for this sort of stuff.

Seems like a nice base to work from. I don't know basically any web programming (I've did application programming all through uni, graduated without ever even learning HTML or JS), so I can't do much with it, but it might help others mock things or do them themselves. I'm not sure what Rish's final vision is in terms of looks for the bestiary, but I'll leave it to him to explain since it's his baby.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
"We can rebuild it. We have the technology."
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
well my basic wants of the final bestiary is that 3 main things should be easily visible whenever someone look up a monster, Monster name, Monster pic and monster location. Rest i will leave it upto the person to think of a design and theme of it..
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi