Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Unda
Son of Lucion
711 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
@Guts

Only admins can share with you (or not) exact values of drop rates set for realm.

Users like SwineFlu are good with digging such stuff but from SP files and so compare it between patches, if you are that curious about numbers.

@oski89

Yes you can, plus while using Launcher you can run game twice and mule items from one to another account, just be sure you understand what muling purposes are: https://tsw.median-xl.com/rules
GutsTheBranded
Prowler
16 | 0
On another note, what's up with the quill bears in act 1 destruction? I'm currently in act 4 and almost all of my deaths on destruction have been from them. Do their quills hit multiple times as they go through you or something? Seems like I was dying a lot for only a 7% chance to hit
oski89
Lava Lord
95 | 0
in 1 account can have only 8 character??
Whyred
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Some newbie questions here.

Playing with a harbinger druid at the moment. I'm not really sure about the IAS, I think I read somewhere that I need 240 IAS on a great sword to hit 3 fpa, but only 110 of the IAS had to be on the weapon? Can someone clarify this?

Also what about the jewels in my weapon - besides the IAS what should I look to craft? Lifeleech (ber crafted jewels)? Or does that not work with Harbinger?

I also found an amulet with the Lightning Arena skill and I have read that it's a decent skill - is it purely for the stun effect or am I missing something that makes this skill so good?

Hope someone can help me
GutsTheBranded
Prowler
16 | 0
Sorry for all the questions, but this one is driving me up the wall. Why in the hell are Imperius and Malthael not spawning for the Judgement Day challenge? My poor hoplites have been tanking hits for like 20 minutes and they never come. Do all of the Dark Uldyssians need to be hitting minions or something? I managed to pull only one of them (as my hoplites aren't very tanky) but I still can't manage to get either to spawn. I know it's only a 1% chance, but shouldn't one of them spawn after 100 hits or so? I would figure certainly after 20 minutes.
Willshaper
Mangler
499 | 29
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
GutsTheBranded wrote:Sorry for all the questions, but this one is driving me up the wall. Why in the hell are Imperius and Malthael not spawning for the Judgement Day challenge? My poor hoplites have been tanking hits for like 20 minutes and they never come. Do all of the Dark Uldyssians need to be hitting minions or something? I managed to pull only one of them (as my hoplites aren't very tanky) but I still can't manage to get either to spawn. I know it's only a 1% chance, but shouldn't one of them spawn after 100 hits or so? I would figure certainly after 20 minutes.

It's been a good while since i did this uber (I'm on a break from Median atm), but one of the mobs there should be a bit different than all the other minions, a bit darker if i recall, that is the one that needs to be hitting you. I think he is in the back of the arena.
Darthaghar
Balrog
129 | 8
GutsTheBranded wrote:Sorry for all the questions, but this one is driving me up the wall. Why in the hell are Imperius and Malthael not spawning for the Judgement Day challenge? My poor hoplites have been tanking hits for like 20 minutes and they never come. Do all of the Dark Uldyssians need to be hitting minions or something? I managed to pull only one of them (as my hoplites aren't very tanky) but I still can't manage to get either to spawn. I know it's only a 1% chance, but shouldn't one of them spawn after 100 hits or so? I would figure certainly after 20 minutes.

The Boss Dark Edyrem king (the guy with the fancier shoulder armor) in order to spawn imprerius or malthael needs to actually HIT your minions... your Hoplite minions have High chance to avoid 80% 90% etc... so Hoplites are like the worst way to do judgement day because the boss cant hit them hence means you cant spawn the boss with them as easily :mrgreen:

GutsTheBranded wrote:On another note, what's up with the quill bears in act 1 destruction? I'm currently in act 4 and almost all of my deaths on destruction have been from them. Do their quills hit multiple times as they go through you or something? Seems like I was dying a lot for only a 7% chance to hit

Also the Quill Rats from Act 1 (and some others) have Death Shards proc on Death..and that resembles like a spam of almost invisible Spikenovas so when a Quill Rat dies and your on top of his corpse ur DED because that spell multihits and if ur on top of multiple Quill Rat corpses.... well good luck :lol:
Unda
Son of Lucion
711 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
oski89 wrote:in 1 account can have only 8 character??

16 characters per account, on realm you must scroll with arrows to see them.
aahz
Demon
275 | 130
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active forum collaborator / developer
Unda wrote:
oski89 wrote:in 1 account can have only 8 character??

16 characters per account, on realm you must scroll with arrows to see them.

actually max is 18 chars
GutsTheBranded
Prowler
16 | 0
Ah damn, didn't noticed a difference between the fallen edyrem. I looked at the challenge page, but it confused me a little, since they are actually called "Dark Nephalem" in game, and no mention of them was on the Uber info page. Appreciate the help Willshaper and Darthaghar.