New here, need help, yes I searched!

Discuss Median XL!
Zentar
Skeleton
3 | 0
Just started playing Median again and I have a couple of questions.

1. When playing windowed I can not maximize my window for some reason, please see image. This "stretches" the image causing it to distort a bit, and it does work with the standard version of the game.

2. I have a pretty basic, 5 button mouse however I can not seem to assign anything to my 5 keys. I enjoy using mouse wheel up and down for switch skills, and using the middle mouse wheel to open my inventory ect ect.

Any help in regards to these two issues would be greatly appreciated.
Nitz
Amazon Warrior
1622 | 51
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
In the launcher - video mode - chose glide then Glide settings then test around.
cowking
Onyx Knight
624 | 61
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You can use windowed borderless gaming to override ddraw window size and make it borderless.

I don't like using mouse for keybindings but I've read setting d2 compatibility mode to windows xp should fix it.
Zentar
Skeleton
3 | 0
Nitz wrote:In the launcher - video mode - chose glide then Glide settings then test around.

Not quite sure what you mean here, I did as you said and the "test" does not really do anything.

cowking wrote:You can use windowed borderless gaming to override ddraw window size and make it borderless.

I don't like using mouse for keybindings but I've read setting d2 compatibility mode to windows xp should fix it.

While this does make the full screen mode boarder less it does not avoid annoying process of your desktop flashing 3 or 4 times while windows resizes your resolution. As far as key binding on the mouse my D2 was already set to Windows XP compatible mode. I have been playing regular D2 off and on and am able to key bind to mouse just fine. Its only since I started playing on Median that I have had either of these issues.

Thanks for the replies so far guys!
RequiemLux
Daystar
662 | 85
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Zentar wrote:
Nitz wrote:In the launcher - video mode - chose glide then Glide settings then test around.

Not quite sure what you mean here, I did as you said and the "test" does not really do anything.

He meant to change the settings until you get what you wanted
Zentar
Skeleton
3 | 0
Ok I figured it out! Instead of launching the game from the Median launcher all I need to do is launch it from the standard D2 LOD exe. This fixed both of the issues, I was having!