Best Farm Build

Discuss Median XL!
Eregoth
Invader
9 | -1
TheError wrote:Is the SSU War Staff mandatory?

It really depends what you mean by farming.

Do you want to rush through Duncraig in 2 minutes? Yes, you absolutely need the staff.
Do you want safe, easy and reasonable clearspeed? Not at all - just go for it.

A lot of people here seem to subscribe to the latter, which is why people suggest things like Summon barb. It's not bad, but it's not a wolf druid either.
aerial
Horadric Mage
1072 | 205
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yes because it makes mana sweep not return any mana, which means you can spam it at low mana. Without this item, you need dump your mana after each mana sweep, with antimass (which always has some cooldown).
Mana sorc is great build, but without staff, you use different skill for clear, such as Arcane Torrent, which isn't a nova, much less aoe.
youtube.com/ae1337
Crash
Talic
6568 | 275
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TheError wrote:Lol, I switched to SP like 2 weeks ago since I didn't like the EU server performance.

There has been changes in the servers since right around that time. Dropped some GS providers or something that weren't performing well. Maybe you'll rejoin. Been a lot more stable across the board.
TheError
Rust Claw
89 | 1
Crash wrote:
TheError wrote:Lol, I switched to SP like 2 weeks ago since I didn't like the EU server performance.

There has been changes in the servers since right around that time. Dropped some GS providers or something that weren't performing well. Maybe you'll rejoin. Been a lot more stable across the board.

That's nice to hear, but not this season I think. Especially with the PlugY stash being kinda back within SP offline tools since yesterday.

Thanks for the nice explanation on the mana sorc staff btw.
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Just wanted to drop here, that a xbow necro is a solid and possibly quite cheap farmer with hwanins hwacha. But even with end game gear not top notch in terms of farmspeed, especially when it comes to p8 games. still very solid.
any well geared teleportstriking build should be on top because of their fast movement through the areas, since movement speed was nerfed. you can still try to stack up lots of movement speed and have some screen wide killing aoe skill to come close or be on par.
ratty
Prowler
16 | 0
Hammer Ama has nice clear speed, im just walking around and spamming hammers, but its not a brainless farming build, you need to master it. Key is to always check your FHR FBR and FCR. Very well designed build.
Jampula
Edyrem
849 | 33
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
TheError wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:having all 8 characters in the same game is not enough to be actually be playing /players 8 . they all need to be relatively close to each other for that to happen (in aprox. 2 screens range) . so for example if the main character farms Duncraig and the other 7 are in town , you are still /players 1 , nothing changes . you will need to bring the other 7 to Duncraig , not too far from your main character for the game to count 8 players inside

Wow that's shit. :/ Thanks for the info.

edit: I meant compared to before. I couldn't really imagine alt tabbing into 8 diablos every few minutes and move the characters. o.O

What? You don't need to do that...

It is enough if other chars are in town. At least that's how it is with two instances of D2, I sometimes play with mule in town and you can notice the exp gain and enemy health increase.

Necromancer is usually my first farmer, build doesn't matter although xbow seems to be superior in Sigma.
When you have farmed some basic shit it's time to move to already mentioned pouncers, maybe even Hades Gate sin. I tested it only little but she can clear k3k and dunc with pretty basic gear.
Kylrath
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nobody mentioned any assasin builds so far. I dont really like hammerzon, pouncezon guide seems outdated and somebody commented it was nerfed heavily due to the changes in 1.3 and sigma. I already had paladin and barb on previous ladders. Want to make a sin , especially limpet lasersin but no guide available(Nitz's guide outdated) + couple of guys told me its a crap. I know @Ernidull running limpet laser. Can someone give me some advices on assas or should i avoid them.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3060 | 63
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Kylrath wrote:Can someone give me some advices on assas?
timerless hades gate
ChingeR
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Kylrath wrote:Nobody mentioned any assasin builds so far. I dont really like hammerzon, pouncezon guide seems outdated and somebody commented it was nerfed heavily due to the changes in 1.3 and sigma. I already had paladin and barb on previous ladders. Want to make a sin , especially limpet lasersin but no guide available(Nitz's guide outdated) + couple of guys told me its a crap. I know @Ernidull running limpet laser. Can someone give me some advices on assas or should i avoid them.

assassins are garbaggio.

And anyone who thinks something else: Please prove me wrong!

Proc Xbow necro is a really quick clearer, dno how much one would cost, but from a video I've seen, they look strong