Best Farm Build

Discuss Median XL!
Kylrath
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Kylrath wrote:Can someone give me some advices on assas?
timerless hades gate

"especially limpet lasersin"
User avatar
Crash
Talic
6568 | 275
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
"assassins are garbage" because they take a teeny bit of thought and positioning/crowd control compared to most other builds. with that in mind, they're one of the top classes.
CallMeCrazySam
Grubber
340 | 43
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I've played everything but Paladin and Necromancer while I've played Median, and the class that I've been able to get the furthest with is Ssin, part of that being holding my attention span, but they are in no way garbage.
User avatar
ChingeR
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash wrote:"assassins are garbage" because they take a teeny bit of thought and positioning/crowd control compared to most other builds. with that in mind, they're one of the top classes.


What's the definition of top class?

Which classes would you rate as worse than assassin this patch?


I'm currently building a charged strike assassin, tinkering around with gear. Missing a very vital part in Akarat's trek...

One thing I know for sure is that they're easily the quickest to run to Bremm. They work good in groups as "support". But appart from this I can't find anything they're really good at...


CallMeCrazySam wrote:I've played everything but Paladin and Necromancer while I've played Median, and the class that I've been able to get the furthest with is Ssin, part of that being holding my attention span, but they are in no way garbage.



Have you done a sin in sigma yet?
CallMeCrazySam
Grubber
340 | 43
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'm playing one right now, you can NotArmory me with the character name of Sam. I'm also writing a guide for my main build at the moment and I have a few farming runs recorded if you want to see it in action at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAynA9 ... rP7Eq6ccTQ
User avatar
ChingeR
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
CallMeCrazySam wrote:I'm playing one right now, you can NotArmory me with the character name of Sam. I'm also writing a guide for my main build at the moment and I have a few farming runs recorded if you want to see it in action at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAynA9 ... rP7Eq6ccTQ


Looks good. How does it fare in p8, and how much mf do you have?

e: your character is not shared public
CallMeCrazySam
Grubber
340 | 43
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChingeR wrote:Looks good. How does it fare in p8, and how much mf do you have?

e: your character is not shared public


Not sure how to set it to public so you can see.
I think I'm sitting at about 350 MF, could push higher with a liliths or better jewels but I don't want to craft anymore. Poison is hard to scale with more players, it can clear, but you need to switch to spec some poison duration gear and you can't really move past the mobs until they do end up dying because you don't want to be out of range for d2stats.
User avatar
ChingeR
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
ChingeR wrote:Looks good. How does it fare in p8, and how much mf do you have?

e: your character is not shared public


Not sure how to set it to public so you can see.
I think I'm sitting at about 350 MF, could push higher with a liliths or better jewels but I don't want to craft anymore. Poison is hard to scale with more players, it can clear, but you need to switch to spec some poison duration gear and you can't really move past the mobs until they do end up dying because you don't want to be out of range for d2stats.


Go on the logon screen and press allow. right corner of the character list :)


well, that's not very good
Buzul
Prowler
18 | 0
Eregoth wrote:
TheError wrote:Is the SSU War Staff mandatory?


It really depends what you mean by farming.

Do you want to rush through Duncraig in 2 minutes? Yes, you absolutely need the staff.
Do you want safe, easy and reasonable clearspeed? Not at all - just go for it.

A lot of people here seem to subscribe to the latter, which is why people suggest things like Summon barb. It's not bad, but it's not a wolf druid either.


With Warstaff u Mean
Valthek's Command
Valthek's Command
War Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 63 to 69
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 250
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.1 per Dexterity)%
Mana Sweep: +15% Total Damage, Leeches no Mana
4% Chance to cast level 50 Vizjerei Rage on Death Blow
+(9 to 11) to Sorceress Skill Levels
Jitan's Gate Cooldown Reduced by 4 seconds
+50% Damage to Undead
+(1 to 500) to Life
+(1 to 500) to Mana
Socketed (6)
? U know a guide for Mana sorc? Maybe is this guide good to Follow him for a Median beginner?
https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?t=18696
Eregoth
Invader
9 | -1
Buzul wrote:With Warstaff u Mean
Valthek's Command
Valthek's Command
War Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 63 to 69
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 250
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.1 per Dexterity)%
Mana Sweep: +15% Total Damage, Leeches no Mana
4% Chance to cast level 50 Vizjerei Rage on Death Blow
+(9 to 11) to Sorceress Skill Levels
Jitan's Gate Cooldown Reduced by 4 seconds
+50% Damage to Undead
+(1 to 500) to Life
+(1 to 500) to Mana
Socketed (6)
? U know a guide for Mana sorc? Maybe is this guide good to Follow him for a Median beginner?
https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?t=18696


I really wouldn't recommend a Feedback Sorceress for a Median beginner. For farming it requires an obscenely expensive weapon, and your gearing is weird and all about margins.

Go for something like a Summon Barb or Thunderhammer/Magic Missile Zon. They are mechanically simpler, and they have current and well-written guides.

If you do want to play with a mana sorc, go read Solfege's old guide, but be prepared to adapt to Sigma changes.