Best Farm Build

Discuss Median XL!
KhaldonB
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
why do people keep mentioning p1 p8 ? isn't that removed from the game or are you talking about a full TSW game ?
User avatar
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2973 | 52
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
you can play p8 in SP too (on the same PC) . you just need to open the game 8 times , one hosts the game , the others 7 are joining it . keep the other 7 secondary characters not too far from the fights (no more than 2 screens away) , but in the same time in a safe zone so that they don't get killed .

you just need to be alt-tab-ing every 1 or 2 minutes trough all the 8 games to move along the other 7 while the main character does the farming .

it's quite dumb , but if this is what we need to do to have the /players 8 back , than so be it . i never understood why was that removed .
Unnamed
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:you can play p8 in SP too (on the same PC) . you just need to open the game 8 times , one hosts the game , the others 7 are joining it . keep the other 7 secondary characters not too far from the fights (no more than 2 screens away) , but in the same time in a safe zone so that they don't get killed .

you just need to be alt-tab-ing every 1 or 2 minutes trough all the 8 games to move along the other 7 while the main character does the farming .

it's quite dumb , but if this is what we need to do to have the/players 8 back , than so be it


it's not possible to launch more than 2 instances of d2 via launcher ;)
sandboxie stuff or sth is needed (if it's work)
KhaldonB
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:you can play p8 in SP too (on the same PC) . you just need to open the game 8 times , one hosts the game , the others 7 are joining it . keep the other 7 secondary characters not too far from the fights (no more than 2 screens away) , but in the same time in a safe zone so that they don't get killed .

you just need to be alt-tab-ing every 1 or 2 minutes trough all the 8 games to move along the other 7 while the main character does the farming .

it's quite dumb , but if this is what we need to do to have the /players 8 back , than so be it . i never understood why was that removed .


do you do this ? if so how much time does it take you to farm say dunc ?
User avatar
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2973 | 52
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Unnamed wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:you can play p8 in SP too (on the same PC) . you just need to open the game 8 times , one hosts the game , the others 7 are joining it . keep the other 7 secondary characters not too far from the fights (no more than 2 screens away) , but in the same time in a safe zone so that they don't get killed .

you just need to be alt-tab-ing every 1 or 2 minutes trough all the 8 games to move along the other 7 while the main character does the farming .

it's quite dumb , but if this is what we need to do to have the/players 8 back , than so be it


it's not possible to launch more than 2 instances of d2 via launcher ;)
sandboxie stuff or sth is needed (if it's work)
yes you can open it only twice via the luncher , but you can manualy open it as many times as you want from the diablo2.exe in your diablo instalation folder

KhaldonB wrote:do you do this ? if so how much time does it take you to farm say dunc ?
yes , i do that . clearing time depends on the build and how good it is geared + how long it takes to alt-tab trough all 8 games to move along all characters
KhaldonB
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
i wanna see how you do as an example and if it is worth it ?
Unnamed
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
:D

what's the point of playing 8 chars at once?
You are octopus... with 8 monitors, 8 keyboards....? :D

better play on tsw :)
User avatar
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2973 | 52
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
KhaldonB wrote:i wanna see how you do as an example and if it is worth it ?
i will probably make a video in the next days about it , but what is for sure is that it's too much for a stream to go smooth in order to see it live . Glide is already taking down the frames to a low value , the streaming software also eats a lot of resources . i have tried to stream it a few days ago , but all the Twitch could record was 2 frames per about 10 seconds , so it was like seeing pictures in a slide show .
serek
Cultist
22 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
aerial wrote:Depends if p1 or p8, and if budget is: untwinked, unlimited, or "SP unlimited" (30 atomus jewels and all cotws).

Imo for untwinked/cheap for p1-p4, wolf druid. Can go higher but then gear must be better.
For unlimited budget some variant around samael sword and harbinger oskill, you basically build wolf druid but as other class, more damage and tankier, possibly barb. This will work for all player counts. It's gonna be better than vojdin because you have way better aoe and move faster.
Honorable mention here would be mana sorc with ssu war staff, you are basically apocalypse/stormcall character than deals WAY more damage than those, and can stack mf still deal that damage. Worse than harbinger but also very fast and 1 shots entire screen, nice and clean.
Unlimited budget with all gear, then sky if the limit.


Could you point to some guides/old guides/mini guides on above? Especially interested in mana sorc.
KhaldonB
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
KhaldonB wrote:i wanna see how you do as an example and if it is worth it ?
i will probably make a video in the next days about it , but what is for sure is that it's too much for a stream to go smooth in order to see it live . Glide is already taking down the frames to a low value , the streaming software also eats a lot of resources . i have tried to stream it a few days ago , but all the Twitch could record was 2 frames per about 10 seconds , so it was like seeing pictures in a slide show .


well don't spend big effort on something that isn't worth it (what i mean is a post with Text could be sufficient instead of a stream or a video). i will see if i can try it later.
Thanks.