The Holy Discodin [Endgame Build]

User avatar
Charsi
Dark Huntress
10 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
caincake wrote:Nice build :D
Been playing a Cherubim holydin this entire ladder and I think it's also worth noting that Cherubim is very viable by itself, as long as you can get it to zero cooldown (skill level 32), which requires accumulating some charms, getting a decent ZoharXis roll and maybe shifting some gear for more +skills, but still might be easier than having to acquire all 6 great runes for Eternal.


Hey ty, good that you mention that with they cooldown of Cherubim, totaly forget about it since I already have it on lv.41 and did not thought anymore about it. Yes Cherubim alone is already strong enough to clear for example Duncraig and stuffs, but it sadly dont let you leech life:/so that you should have any other skill in case. Guess a combination like Divine Judgment + Cherubim seems obvious pretty cool to avoid making the Eternal Armor - or what skill you would suggest byside? I think with only life regeneration you come in trouble sooner or later.

A big advantage of Disco Inferno is also, that you can set them everywhere on the screen to leech/damaging from a safe distance If needed

Bliyadolubov wrote:Find that Krys paladin helm is very good for build


Yes can be cool, but imo. only If you go for stack more elemental damage. I tryed the Ele way when I started this build (
Rotundjere
Trang-Oul's Breath
Trang-Oul's Breath
Mask (Sacred)

Defense: (1316 - 2256) to (1405 - 2409)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 105
Dragon Breath: Reduces Weapon Physical Damage by 25%
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
+(15 to 40)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(40 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+250 to Mana
Maximum Fire Resist +(1 to 2)%
Maximum Cold Resist +(1 to 2)%
Socketed (4)
Bad Mood
Bad Mood
Ring

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
-20% Cast Speed
Adds 50-100 Fire Damage
Adds 50-100 Lightning Damage
Adds 50-100 Cold Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Hellmouth
Hellmouth
Heavy Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: (1680 - 1976) to (3252 - 3566)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 525
Item Level: 105
Adds 125-250 Magic Damage
+12 to Parasite
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(500 to 2000) Defense
(11 to 15)% to Strength
Regenerate Mana -50%
Maximum Fire Resist +(1 to 2)%
(25 to 50)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
Ahriman
Titan's Steps
Titan's Steps
Heavy Boots (Sacred)

Defense: (1322 - 1531) to (1400 - 1621)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 105
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
Adds 20-25 Magic Damage
Adds 20-25 Fire Damage
Adds 20-25 Lightning Damage
Adds 20-25 Cold Damage
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(90 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
+200 to Life
Elemental Resists +10%
+(40 to 50) Life after each Kill
5% Weapon Damage Taken Restores Mana
Socketed (4)
Rainbow Fury
Rainbow Fury
Bone Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (1640 - 2123) to (1902 - 2461)
Chance to Block: Class%
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 527
Item Level: 105
+1 to All Skills
Adds 25-50 Fire Damage
Adds 25-50 Lightning Damage
Adds 25-50 Cold Damage
-10% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(8 to 20) to Storm Crows
+(70 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
+(50 to 75) to Dexterity
+1 Life on Striking
Socketed (6)
Celestial Barrier
Celestial Barrier
Spiked Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (2525 - 2828) to (3012 - 3374)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 550
Item Level: 120
+(4 to 5) to All Skills
1% Base Block Chance
-50% Attack Speed
30% Cast Speed
-(20 to 25)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(150 to 180)% Enhanced Defense
50% Bonus to Defense
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)
Avatar

Avatar
Shields

'IgnFulGla'
Runeword Level: 100
+1 to All Skills
45% Cast Speed
45% Hit Recovery
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(16 to 25)% Magic Find
Requirements +25%
Klaatu Barada Nikto
Klaatu Barada Nikto
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
30% Enhanced Damage vs. Necrobots
10% Chance to cast level 40 Nova Bomb on Melee Attack
+2 to All Skills
25% Attack Speed
Adds 1-188 Lightning Damage
+650 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
Stun Attack
+(11 to 16) to Hive
Lightning Resist +(40 to 50)%
Poison Resist +(40 to 50)%
etc) ...main problem that I switched to phys was the low tri-ele dmg + pierce (had something like +/-1200 tri-ele / 9k psn / 9k phys @ 75-85 ele-pierce)
Theuberelite
Cultist
23 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So, would COTW Cherubim be good for this?

Asking because I've had one sitting around since day 5 of Sigma launch...
User avatar
Charsi
Dark Huntress
10 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Theuberelite wrote:So, would COTW Cherubim be good for this?

Asking because I've had one sitting around since day 5 of Sigma launch...


actually not for this build, Zohar is already best in slot alone cause of the added dmg byside useing a str-based weapon... actually dont have any good alternative shield in mind to use this cotw which force you to stack +x to all skills to reach lv.32 (reaching for example just lv.20 Cherubim would result in 2.4sec cooldown)

maybe interesting for other classes or drastical gear changes here
caincake
Stone Warrior
31 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Charsi wrote:Yes Cherubim alone is already strong enough to clear for example Duncraig and stuffs, but it sadly dont let you leech life:/so that you should have any other skill in case. Guess a combination like Divine Judgment + Cherubim seems obvious pretty cool to avoid making the Eternal Armor - or what skill you would suggest byside? I think with only life regeneration you come in trouble sooner or later.


Indeed the lack of leech is a problem. This is because Cherubim converts all damage to magic (even though the tooltip doesn't say so). You're correct, using another skill to leech with is a must in certain areas (Retaliate or DJ, depending on monster density), but I've found that most of your sustain issues can be solved with just Eagle stance from
Surya
and remembering to keep Vindicate up. Currently farming Dunc, Fauzt, Teganze, Toraja etc that way without having to use a melee skill for leech. Also
Crusade
is a nice option. If you can offset the negative phys resist from Lion stance you can alternate between that and Eagle for a huge damage buff.
User avatar
Charsi
Dark Huntress
10 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
caincake wrote:
Charsi wrote:Yes Cherubim alone is already strong enough to clear for example Duncraig and stuffs, but it sadly dont let you leech life:/so that you should have any other skill in case. Guess a combination like Divine Judgment + Cherubim seems obvious pretty cool to avoid making the Eternal Armor - or what skill you would suggest byside? I think with only life regeneration you come in trouble sooner or later.


Indeed the lack of leech is a problem. This is because Cherubim converts all damage to magic (even though the tooltip doesn't say so). You're correct, using another skill to leech with is a must in certain areas (Retaliate or DJ, depending on monster density), but I've found that most of your sustain issues can be solved with just Eagle stance from
Surya
and remembering to keep Vindicate up. Currently farming Dunc, Fauzt, Teganze, Toraja etc that way without having to use a melee skill for leech. Also
Crusade
is a nice option. If you can offset the negative phys resist from Lion stance you can alternate between that and Eagle for a huge damage buff.


That sounds quite interesting, I tried it this afternoon and it worked really well in Duncraig and Fauztinville, Teganze was harsh. I like the idea and having more options for changing the weapon, which your suggestion allows. But I feel robbed of my ability to cause damage at the middle/end of the screen. Maybe I'm just too much fixated on my current build. However, we were originally talking about alternatives to avoid the Eternal armor, which your proposal allows us to think in different ways. I see it as a good opportunity to maybe farm the Eternal Runes or to create something completely new like you have already done. Thanks for the inspirations!


____________________________
update: gameplay videos added
caincake
Stone Warrior
31 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Teganze is fine as long as you spam some Hoplites in front of you to soak up the damage. I guess pure Cherubim plays more like a caster than a wdm build, sort of like an ATMG sin.

Charsi wrote:I see it as a good opportunity to maybe farm the Eternal Runes

That's exactly what I've been doing lately :p I was originally going to try an unholy setup with Disco and
Mad King's Spine
Mad King's Spine
Bonebreaker (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (163 - 223) to (245 - 306)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 544
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Superbeast adds Deadly Strike Instead of Spell Damage at 50% efficiency
25% Chance to cast level 1 Rend on Melee Attack
+(1 to 3) to All Skills
Adds (41 to 70)-(121 to 150) Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
10% Life stolen per Hit
Stun Attack
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Physical Resist -(5 to 10)%
Socketed (3)
, but your idea of using Cherubim to sustain mana for Disco seems way more functional than what I had in mind.
User avatar
Charsi
Dark Huntress
10 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
caincake wrote:I guess pure Cherubim plays more like a caster than a wdm build, sort of like an ATMG sin.


at the moment thought to try
Quaoar (Xis)
with eagle stance for a pure cherubim version, hmm

caincake wrote: I was originally going to try an unholy setup with Disco and
Mad King's Spine
Mad King's Spine
Bonebreaker (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (163 - 223) to (245 - 306)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 544
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Superbeast adds Deadly Strike Instead of Spell Damage at 50% efficiency
25% Chance to cast level 1 Rend on Melee Attack
+(1 to 3) to All Skills
Adds (41 to 70)-(121 to 150) Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
10% Life stolen per Hit
Stun Attack
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Physical Resist -(5 to 10)%
Socketed (3)
, but your idea of using Cherubim to sustain mana for Disco seems way more functional than what I had in mind.


hehe, keep the good work! its all about try'n'error testing stuffs, would be interesting If unholy works good
Bliyadolubov
Gravedigger
184 | 3
for what fighter mage merc need Creepy Craft
Bliyadolubov
Gravedigger
184 | 3
Bliyadolubov wrote:for what fighter mage merc need Creepy Craft

I know the answer. To wear a Khazra plate... The question is why not barb, a dude that benefits from it more and can faster reach its requirements due to his strength grow and mountain king buff. Dont understand to get a merc, equip on it expensive gear just to get an aura. It just pointless with a build that already kills everything that can be killed.
User avatar
Charsi
Dark Huntress
10 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Bliyadolubov wrote:for what fighter mage merc need Creepy Craft

I know the answer. To wear a Khazra plate... The question is why not barb, a dude that benefits from it more and can faster reach its requirements due to his strength grow and mountain king buff. Dont understand to get a merc, equip on it expensive gear just to get an aura. It just pointless with a build that already kills everything that can be killed.


I guess you missed the part about Chronofield and
Endor (Xis)
Doom Proc. on Melee Atk, which supports this build well since you deal Phys (Inferno) & Magic (Cherubim). Thats actually why I chose act 2 merc primary and not because of equip a Khazra Plate, thats just kinda +1 to optimize. But as you figured out - you no need a Merc at all, so in the end you can chose a Merc you like or stay without. I was just showing off what fits best to support the build. *Regards