Discuss Median XL!
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
So basically that rain of holy bolts is Meldeln attacking Rathma, I have to control how often Rathma shoot the black holy bolt at Meldeln by distracting him and try time the whole thing so Rathma haves 1% hp at the end ?

Damn. I got confused by the light show and I never got this uber done before so I freaked out a bit. Expected something more straightforward. Well, thanks for the advice, I’ll give it another shot tomorrow.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Tried two more times and ... well fuck that. Timer always kicks in before he gets to 20% life. You cast summuns on Rathma and sometimes he just decides to turn around to shoot his black holybolt, killing you. You can fill your entire inventory with potions, you won’t have enough, you just constantly get hit by everything.

Even if I did fill a full inventory of potions for the end of the fight, you play for 20-30 minutes for something having so RNG luck at the end regarding if Rathma will shoot his damn bolt to kill Mendeln. Charm is necessary for me to remove points in blink, but I can’t stand this much garbage. To those who did complete it, congratulations for your patience. On my part, Borderlands 3 is out tomorrow. Will take a break and come back in a couple months.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Johnny Impak wrote:Tried two more times and ... well fuck that. Timer always kicks in before he gets to 20% life. You cast summuns on Rathma and sometimes he just decides to turn around to shoot his black holybolt, killing you. You can fill your entire inventory with potions, you won’t have enough, you just constantly get hit by everything.

The trick is, bring Mendeln to 1/4 in the beginning of the fight, keep it like that till Rathma is at one pixel, then bring Mendeln to Rathma and thats it, if Rathma still have any life just Puriy one or two times.
If you have never done this uber before then its normal not finising it in the first 4 or 5 times till you get the hang of it.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I can’t even do that. Third try I managed to get Rathma to around 20% health, lacked potions. Opening the inventory means you stop casting edyrems in his face and lose control of the fight. When you actually are positioned perfectly for everything to work, it is SO boring. 30% less hp on Rathma would make this slightly more bearable

Might retry eventually, this charm is a must on trapsin.
I enjoy a break here, as what I have left to do is farming Duncraig and tryharding Laz, Samael and Labyrinth
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If you cannot get Summon Edyrem to aim his Black Slayer than I suggest you run to his melee range. Going into Rathma's Melee range 90% of the time will trigger him to use black slayer attack. Run into his melee range and approach from the direction Mendeln is positioned and he should shoot his black slayer attack. It takes some practice to get a feel for it, especially dodging the attack. If you move too early he will aim your last position and miss Mendeln but the AOE is pretty large so it usually clips Mendeln. If you move too late, you'll die to the black slayer bolt. Like I said takes practice.

If this also fails than you still have the option of getting them both to LOW HP than luring Mendeln out of his safe corner and lead him to Rathma which will cause Rathma to instantly use his black slayer bolt. I believe he is invincible and cannot deal any damage to Rathma when you are in melee range of Mendeln so use that invincibility shield to get him out of the corner and lead him to Rathma.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Tried again. Can’t get Rathma to low hp. Period. Too much damage coming from everywhere, I end up dying chaining healing potions. I could get offscreen, but I can’t see what is happening. Sometimes, Mendeln gets out of the top right corner randomly to go melee range with Rathma. He ends up dying because his stupid shield don't trigger for whatever reason. There is hope for success when after every attempt you feel you progressed a bit, but not here. Tried following your advice, but nothing works for me.

Won’t try again. At least not without a vit craft equipped eagle barb. And even there, that would not be enough.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
To be honest with you i think the assa needs crafted gear to do this uber, i made a complete regen set only for this fight and it was pretty easy but dont really know if its necessary, it helps to survive longer but you still have to use tons of potions and about the edyrems, you dont need them in this fight, for me they only made the fight harder because when you summon them on Rathma he uses his strong spells more frequently, when i realized that and stopped summoning them the fight became much easier, try it yourself.
Just stay near Mendeln, Rathma wont harm you with the devasting spells if you stay far from him, it worked with me it will work for you.
This fight is all about controlling the position of Mendeln on the map and keeping a good distance from Rathma.
Just trying to help you as you did to me in the past ;)
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Imperius wrote:To be honest with you i think the assa needs crafted gear to do this uber, i made a complete regen set only for this fight and it was pretty easy.

Now you tell me that, not 3 QQ posts sooner haha. I will try using vitality crafts with life jewels and life regen along resistances in them. I used Vizjun set, it gives 200hp regen/second. If I can double that, it may be achievable.
Syphery
Lava Lord
99 | 175
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Multiplayer Badge
Has won 3 multiplayer contests
Great Skill Badge
Highly trained Warrior
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Imperius wrote:To be honest with you i think the assa needs crafted gear to do this uber, i made a complete regen set only for this fight and it was pretty easy but dont really know if its necessary, it helps to survive longer but you still have to use tons of potions and about the edyrems, you dont need them in this fight, for me they only made the fight harder because when you summon them on Rathma he uses his strong spells more frequently, when i realized that and stopped summoning them the fight became much easier, try it yourself.
Just stay near Mendeln, Rathma wont harm you with the devasting spells if you stay far from him, it worked with me it will work for you.
This fight is all about controlling the position of Mendeln on the map and keeping a good distance from Rathma.
Just trying to help you as you did to me in the past ;)

all assasin needs for the void is clawblock, u can literally stand still (and u should so clawblock actually kicks in) while keeping them seperated and chug pots until rathma hits 1% hp and then pull them together.

since u dont need any offensive stats for this fight u can go full vit and 2x easy to obtian rha claw runewords for more hp, this uber is actually a joke for sin with the introduction of clawblock, no class has it easier than sin right now
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Actually clawblock is not enough with potions unless you have perfect positioning. (Only thing hitting you is life degen homing holybolt). There, casting edyrems in front of Rathma works well.

At some point, you end up having no more healing potions, leaving your spot and breaking everything. Same thing happens when you try to refill belt. I can’t refill and cast at the same time, so positioning breaks here too. Also sometimes Mendeln decides (Yeah, he decides) to act like a douche and goes melee with Rathma. I end up either trying to bury Rathma under a pile of edyrems for distraction so Mendeln will eventually move or casting edyrems on Mendeln to trigger his shield, which rarely happens for me because whatever reason.

More hp and regen will help tremendously here. Although I wonder if block actually works in there. I never saw it working, neither for dodge.