Bow Druid Leveling Discussion

Discuss Median XL!
Ruubel
Daystar
672 | 13
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Am I correct that steady shot may work with nonranger oskill builds? Stormfront...rising dawn, whatever....???
theage900
Bone Archer
77 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
that whole bow druid sucks i feel like :S waiting for a buff which happens every X minutes for any single target dmg sucks!
aguni
Rust Claw
80 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ruubel wrote:Am I correct that steady shot may work with nonranger oskill builds? Stormfront...rising dawn, whatever....???

Steady shot disables non-hunter ranged skills.
herZerK
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
The consistency is awful. It's like if I'm in an uber and the bear procs it, it's smooth.
But if not, it takes forever. I understand that it would be pretty OP if the bear had it up 100%[/quote]

It's clunky, damage+mechanic is not good compared to other rangerd
it would not be OP - it would be fair to have bear buff all time he is up
for having steady aim (no other dmg/def bonuses)
let's be real:
Steady Shot - like vanilla frozen orb - it's not aoe, it's a projectile flury with no piercing
Cascade - Like vanilla blizzard - same problem - the delay before random projectiles fall down over area
Heartseeker - homing function doesn't function very well against teleporting/running away - mobile targets
so it's basicly a caster with with med or even low dmg compared and a restriction to 'reload' every skill
Edited by herZerK 3 years.
ixvid_
Cog
230 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
aguni wrote:
Ruubel wrote:Am I correct that steady shot may work with nonranger oskill builds? Stormfront...rising dawn, whatever....???

Steady shot disables non-hunter ranged skills.

I really dont like this feature, I switched from bow to
Ratbane
Ratbane
Heavy Crossbow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (237 - 285) to (287 - 345)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 614
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
Adds (800 to 1000)-(1500 to 2000) Fire Damage
10% Mana stolen per Hit
-(30 to 40)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+(10 to 20) to Barrage
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
(30 to 40)% to Strength
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)
and thought I could use steady aim/barrage as my lmb and rmb, but no, I must "consume" steady aim first to fire barrage ... it really cuts out bow dudu from any IO skills from crafts (arrow swarm, barrage etc.) :(
peilis
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
So far im quite impressed how strong this bow dudu is.
Leveling is piece of cake, normal bosses literally 1-2 shot.. Nightmare childsplay as well, though bosses took slightly longer.
In general a very smooth starter. It kinda stops dead blank around 120 where damage feels terrible. Twinking is required.
    Though TA is smooth as hell with TU's. Might be the main farm zone until some gear is gathered before switching to dunc farm.
    120+ ubers becomes headache (single target only basically)
    Ball easy, just takes some time.
    Kabraxis took like 8 mins... (i was to lazy to invest into minion res for bear to see if it could tank)
    Xazax... it is a bit fucked up cuz heartseeker can hit ads... so its EZ if you get lucky and get good dmg chunks without him spawning ads. Otherwise its hell..
    Tried astrogha once... With such skill mechanics it is stupidly difficult.

Steady shot as a strand alone skill is a pretty good for clear, and well lets be real, thats the only option. (if you have decent damage to clear the zone)
Bear mechanic for ubers is trash. Its unreliable to focus on it and you need to invest on minion res to make bear live for a chance for a proc that quite often might not be that useful.

While leveling sturdy bear is great, but 120+ its like 8 pointer, where you basically farm with steady shot.
Gear vise, well dudu set is stupidly strong and pretty mutch the only option for mid > endgame. Otherwise its quite a bit of twinking you would need to do and kinda get lucky for a high dmg bow craft. However maybe elemental based might be better at that stage? Would be nice to hear some feedback on it.

In general it is a tanky strong dude... However it feels it might need some nerfs, it feels a bit too strong, bear buff need some reliability cuz right now it is useless for majority of the game. Switch every attack is really annoying and single target goes to trash.
fbkkrieger
Jungle Hunter
27 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Astrogha don't use bear charge your shot run to her shoot heartseeker or cascade both work and run away repeat. I went in a bigger circle around her position so that the statues can despawn. Kill the small bugs you have to be patient and don't try to unload your damage combo more than once. It takes some time depending on gear but is more or less easy.
I tried with bear waiting him to proc on the small mobs and then to barrage her with heartseekers but this was to inconsistent and resulted in chaos and her healing.

Xazax is also without being able to spawn edyrems a shit show the Harvesters won't spawn quickly enough to distract. And heartseeker hitting the adds is meh. I tried with cascade spamming but i think i need more time or patients =) The bear is useless there maybe need to try with more phys res % only have 10% but even if the bear can survive longer the heartseeker not hitting Xazax reliably is bad.

I play the elemental version with 3 set items and zephyr bow. Duncraig feels good just some teleports can be tricky if you don't pay attention. And i can recommend casting your Elvensong. Fautz is also working good just spam Cascade move carefully. I am also using a Act 1 Ranger/Priestess for the slow as a merc.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1457 | 64
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
peilis wrote:However it feels it might need some nerfs, it feels a bit too strong, bear buff need some reliability cuz right now it is useless for majority of the game. Switch every attack is really annoying and single target goes to trash.

First you say its too strong and needs nerfs, and then you say its trash. Make up your mind.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
620 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Played bow until lvl108 and will respec into trap rat. Impressions so far:

Steady shot -> the attack itself is ok, straightforward, alright damage, some small-medium aoe, no complaints here. I have issues with the main mechanic, though: once steady aim is consumed, you lose the +all skills you get from it, so by the time your Cascade/Heartseeker hits the enemies, it deals noticeably less damage. This issue is only bypassed during bear buff.

Cascade -> good aoe, decent damage thus far, but the delay is a bit too long imo. While it allows you to reapply the Steady aim buff before any arrows fall(=your damage is boosted by the +allsk bonus), it also makes me think "why even bother, just spam Steady shot".

Heartseeker -> solid damage, but I can see how it could become a pain in the ass to use against bosses with targetable minions(like Xazax mentioned earlier in this thread), so could also end up being meh.

Bear -> tanky but slow, so often gets left behind and doesn't get to tank much unless I use blink. Also like everyone said, the buff is super unreliable, the aoe is too small, it's not very easy to notice, and the duration is short. I've had him cast his buff 3 times in the span of 5 seconds, only to then not cast it at all for a minute or so, and that's all in one fight(Duriel on hell).

I don't know, I tried to like it but couldn't force myself to, it's too clunky and random. Maybe someone figures this build out and it turns out to be OP, but it ain't gonna be me.
gigasbot
Prowler
16 | 0
I i am level 105 and so far i am enjoying this new bow dr00d, the bear's buff is a bit awful, i was doing ball nightmare and it didn't proced a single time and sometimes it procs alot of times where you already killed everything and the buff is wasted.He is a bit slow, me and my shapeshifter a2 merc are busy fending off mobs while bear is chilling & doing nothing back there unless i teleport and about heartseeker it does ok damage the only issue is targeting eventual mobs that the boss summons and you can't do full damage to the boss.
I am running Thornbranch t3
Lum rw on helmet for 1allskills and firepierce
Pollice Verso for life after kill
2 crap rings and 1 angel heart amulet
honorific boots for resists
Zod rw "Mirage" on ancient armor for skills and mainly resists
Wormtongue belt

I think stacking fire pierce is a good thing, stacking a bit without sacrificing resists and/or dexterity