Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
jalliboy
Prowler
17 | 0
archon256 wrote:
jalliboy wrote:which skill would people recommend to use for the most damage ? earthquake , shower of rocks , thunder slam ?
also. about those stances. i am using snake stance, but i don`t know it that will be, or is a good choice for later on ? i mean for nightmare and hell difficulty .

gonna look at some guides now, but i hope to get some good tips :)

thanks in adcance...

Thunderslam is a utility skill, not a main damage skill. You use it to regularly stun enemies on almost every barb build. If you're going Snake Stance it will also spread the slow and a low amount of poison (since its WDM is only 3/4).

Earthquake and Shower of Rocks are both primary damage skills, which one you want depends on your build. EQ has more AoE and hits instantly, while SoR has a higher WDM (3/2) (so its good with Snake Stance), hits more times per cast and debuffs enemies, but it has a delay and short AoE.

Stormblast and Iceburst are better single target skills (especially if you have -100 enemy lightning or cold res respectively) but have the least range.

archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
LFAQ wrote:Every minion gains +15% to all resistances per skill level, capping at +75% at level 5

In Hatred with +0% minion resists, minions have 75% resists.
In Hatred with +75% or more minion resists, minions have 150% resists.
In Terror with +0% minion resists, minions have 25% resists.
In Terror with +75% or more minion resists, minions have 100% resists.
In Destruction with +0% minion resists, minions have -25% resists.
In Destruction with +75% or more minion resists, minions have 50% resists (capped).

You need just 25% in Hatred and 75% in Terror and Destruction.
You can get 5% per Perfect Bloodstone gem in a shield, and the rest from Honorific Orbs.
itsmars
Destroyer
7 | 3
You lose 1 ilvl per chaos reroll.
Can an item with ilvl1 still chaos into a Unique?
chickenfeeder
Grubber
323 | 0
Tantrika wrote:
chickenfeeder wrote:
Tantrika wrote:Which druid build is the easiest for Ureh? Rat is the tankiest but too slow, so, treewarden I guess? Any suggestions?

if u can manage ur mana then wolf is the best, just jump over any warden u see :lol:

Tried it, need more luck and practice I guess :) Maybe I will just let my paladin do it. You don't need to do everything with one char right? :D

Some gear questions:

1. What shields do people prefer with ww? I have been using boring shadowhymn for a long time now (it was even more boring wall of fire rw before), wanna know what should I keep my eyes open for.

2. On a ww, is it worth it to get 200% mf, going from 488 to 688 while losing 80k def (280k to 200k) and some dr% (when I switch between Erawan and Hratli's)? I can still do duncraig but with less breathing room for mistakes. What are your opinions and preferences?

1. Any shield with high def, since shield's main purpose is for defensive stats and so, rw is the way to go i think. However if you have shields with good proc on striking like ssu or sssu tower shield, you can use it for more dmg while still not losing too much def. I still use On shield.

2. If you want to farm dunc only then ~200k def and ~15% dr is enough, hit recovery and atk speed is more neccessary. What ww really needs is rainbow dmg.
Scalewinged
Blood Golem
1301 | 62
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
itsmars wrote:You lose 1 ilvl per chaos reroll.
Can an item with ilvl1 still chaos into a Unique?

Yep, but you can get only the lowest uniqs like
Locust Hive
Locust Hive
Arrow Quiver

Required Level: 5
Item Level: 1
4% Chance to cast level 1 Arrow on Striking
Adds (2 to 3)-(8 to 10) Magic Damage
(4 to 6)% Life stolen per Hit
Ring of Disengagement
Ring of Disengagement
Ring

Required Level: 1
1% Chance to cast level 8 Celerity on Kill
+(6 to 10) to Strength
+(6 to 10) to Dexterity
+5 Maximum Stamina
Test Tube
or
Hangman
Hangman
Amulet

10% Chance to cast level 15 Magic Missiles on Kill
+(3 to 5)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-1 Life Regenerated per Second
10% Gold Find
(not sure about jewels, but if they can be chaos rolled you might be able to get
The Boulder
The Boulder
Jewel

Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
1% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(5 to 10) to Strength
Requirements +10%
)
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
In what cases is Kraken Stance numero uno for barbarians and in what cases does it get outclassed? I know it's good for fortress barbs but would a shower of rocks barb benefit more from snake stance anyways or would the WDM really bolster Kraken?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
when fighting against opponents that got different resistances (some are immune x+y , others are immune to y+z , some are immune to x+z ...) , kraken does the best job of dealing 1 or 2 types of damage to the immunes (when combined with Nephalem weapons) . a good combination comes with either Lion Stance for (tri)-elemental immunes (a str build) , or Snake stance (+eagle stance as a sinergy for both stances) -> a vitality build . stance dance according to the situation : more elemental damage/ poison or magical damage

saying that kraken is better or worse than another main offensive stance is just a matter of situation , depending on what type of (immune) opponents you fight . you also have different skillpoints investments when going for kraken or not (some 1-pointers get extra points , some become 1-pointers) . there is no best or worst stance . it's all about what you use it for / who you fight against .

with all those damage conversion skills available (Iceburst , Stormblast , Ancient's Hand) , i'd say that a melee build with (SoR+) Snake stance would be stronger (SoR debuff also has an important role here) . still , it's a matter of who are you fighting against . a Kraken stance helm for Poison/physical immunes never hurt nobody , but it's not a "must have"
jalliboy
Prowler
17 | 0
i have read the documentation about runewords, but it does not answer my question
Can you use runewords in exceptional, and legendary weapons and armors ? or is it like in regular diablo 2 that you can only use them in weapons and armors that`S whithe ?

i hope my question is understandable XD

thanks in advance :)
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Only grey names like usual. Fill all sockets except last one with jewels, last socket is the rune
jalliboy
Prowler
17 | 0
Dude Love wrote:Only grey names like usual. Fill all sockets except last one with jewels, last socket is the rune