The State of (Java/Ama)zons

Discuss Median XL!
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
drasch21 wrote:
Inno86 wrote:I find amusing that you reach lvl135 and complain you cannot farm scosglen :) it's pretty obvious, scosglen is endgame map. just level up, upgrade your charms/gear and try again. Last season I was smashed as well when I tried. I was just too weak.

alot of builds are just not good there.

agree many not good, but can still clear it. at the beginning it is unreasonable to be able to clear it with many builds... But it doesn't mean the builds are bad. I think before judging a character, maybe it's better to play it more than few days.

Last season at the beginning was painful I couldn't do anything in scosglen, then I came back later and could clear it (not efficiently bcs I played a suboptimal class/build)
drasch21
Gravedigger
186 | 33
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Inno86 wrote:
drasch21 wrote:
Inno86 wrote:I find amusing that you reach lvl135 and complain you cannot farm scosglen :) it's pretty obvious, scosglen is endgame map. just level up, upgrade your charms/gear and try again. Last season I was smashed as well when I tried. I was just too weak.

alot of builds are just not good there.

agree many not good, but can still clear it. at the beginning it is unreasonable to be able to clear it with many builds... But it doesn't mean the builds are bad. I think before judging a character, maybe it's better to play it more than few days.

Last season at the beginning was painful I couldn't do anything in scosglen, then I came back later and could clear it (not efficiently bcs I played a suboptimal class/build)

the issue currently in my opinion is there are builds that are on another level of efficent compared to others. There are way to suboptimal builds in the current state assuming the expectation is to farm the end game zone.

For instance, for my mana sorc to do it efficently id more than likely need mutliple UMO projects, SSU gear etc... Meanwhile a totem necro can start clearing this decently well in TU's and early runewords.

If the expectation is to farm fauzt/viz/dunc then the game overall is balanced....
Skeletonman
Dark Huntress
12 | 3
Having leveled a Javazon to 130 I have a few comments too. I agree with OP's destrugglio pizza pie.

- Didn't even give Shieldmaiden a buff icon.
- Basically a zero defense build but taking estatic frenzy is a meme and I'd rather have 50k defense than 0 and some attack speed.
- Cool 50% block...I thought it was 75% max? THAT ALL THE MITIGATION ZONS GET CMON. Assassins get Avoid and block? Ok.
- Just make Impale like Carnage aoe.
- Stepped into Scosglen got absolutely rekt and rerolled
heamn
Gravedigger
186 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Did give javazon a go, seriously, mediocre at best, rerolled to hammerzon and never looked back. plus you can use melee devotion with hammer of zarae now.

Sidenote, found a great rolled eth maiden javelin, happy for a sec, and realized no runewords that synergize with the new javelin poison/physical direction.
► Show Spoiler
Honkler
Cog
207 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Its so weird to see the argument "But amazon is still functional, even tho its the worst class kit. Just be happy you can clear content."

So, as loyal players of the game, we shouldn't voice discontent over the state of balance? How else is this supposed to be fixed? lol.

If zons mathematically cannot clear the hardest content where other classes can (without Relic 2: Electric boogaloo) and still clear with less efficiency, your argument falls on its face.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Honkler wrote:If zons mathematically cannot clear the hardest content where other classes can (without Relic 2: Electric boogaloo) and still clear with less efficiency, your argument falls on its face.

Tbh the only argument for class balance that I fully support forever would be "All classes should be able to do all content with crafted gear".

I am a bit sad that Amazon has such a garbage earlygame, much worse than other classes for all builds. It was my most favorite class at some point.
Honkler
Cog
207 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bljadzon wrote:
Honkler wrote:If zons mathematically cannot clear the hardest content where other classes can (without Relic 2: Electric boogaloo) and still clear with less efficiency, your argument falls on its face.

Tbh the only argument for class balance that I fully support forever would be "All classes should be able to do all content with crafted gear".

I am a bit sad that Amazon has such a garbage earlygame, much worse than other classes for all builds. It was my most favorite class at some point.

idk about that crafting statement.. That negates the entire point of a robust SU/SSU/RW itemization system. BIS should be a diverse assortment of Unique/Crafted/RW gear. It would be cool if maybe one or two items in each build are Crafted BiS but not all.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
602 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
^ the statement should be more generalized... "any class with significant gear investment should be able to complete all endgame content". Yes some will excel where others struggle, as character diversity relies on varying strengths/weaknesses, but I don't think anything should be unequivocally off-limits to a primary class.
Honkler
Cog
207 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Semigloss wrote:^ the statement should be more generalized... "any class with significant gear investment should be able to complete all endgame content". Yes some will excel where others struggle, as character diversity relies on varying strengths/weaknesses, but I don't think anything should be unequivocally off-limits to a primary class.

Perfectly put.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Honkler wrote:
Bljadzon wrote:

idk about that crafting statement.. That negates the entire point of a robust SU/SSU/RW itemization system. BIS should be a diverse assortment of Unique/Crafted/RW gear. It would be cool if maybe one or two items in each build are Crafted BiS but not all.

I mentioned crafting gear only because that's the gear everyone is guaranteed to get. It's hard to roll it perfect, but it's super easy to roll it serviceable and surpassing TUs. For ((S)S)SU, you are dependant on RNG's favor most of the time (If you SSF, all the time).