Monkey King
268 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Actually nothing in Hatred Act1 should sell for anything at all. If we are to trust the NPC then the only trade route is blocked therefore all economic activity would be strictly local. The only thing these people would pay for would be food. Maybe the mod needs some literal farming.

Miss me?
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
UncleGrimjerk wrote:Actually nothing in Hatred Act1 should sell for anything at all. If we are to trust the NPC then the only trade route is blocked therefore all economic activity would be strictly local. The only thing these people would pay for would be food. Maybe the mod needs some literal farming.

Miss me?

I wonder how much Gheed charges for the milk he gets from that cow next to him? Good stats would be +20% to daily Calcium.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
its not an exploit, Brother Laz wanted this to help new players.
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
The current mantainer and part of the community feel it detracts from the game. I frankly don't care either way, but it's a nice time saver when you quickly need some cash.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
fixing this would require fixing the huge repair prices for sacred items first
UncleGrimjerk
Monkey King
268 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I don't see what the big deal Some are worried that Hatred is being made too easy? Really? Of all the things that should bother Marco about this mod, that should be way down on the list.
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Man... It's easy maintaining that because its suposed to exist and help players. It's a complete loose of time trying to recode the entire prices table. If u guys think its unfair just dont use it... if think it's bad for speed running just create a rule unallowing this :P
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kakaraposa wrote:its not an exploit, Brother Laz wanted this to help new players.

Such bullshit post... Just because it is not fixable without corrupting all stackable items, doesn't mean this is an "intended" feature, lol..

This is a feature to help new players? Oh, so I assume it must be written somewhere in the docs, or maybe in those starting pearls... no? But clearly, we all assume rune prices multiply by item stack when you socket them in throwing items because that totally makes sense! no? Oh yeah... did you say "help new players"? Well turns out it does the exact opposite.

Gekko64 wrote:fixing this would require fixing the huge repair prices for sacred items first

You could lower the affix price to achieve lower repair costs but then items would sell for less, there isn't that much to achieve here.

UncleGrimjerk wrote:I don't see what the big deal Some are worried that Hatred is being made too easy? Really? Of all the things that should bother Marco about this mod, that should be way down on the list.

Yeah turns out I care about the early game too.
Also, the problem isn't the huge gold gain, it's that people use it to abuse MOs which is such a lame habit in the current state of the game, that apparently more players seem to be adopting. For those that don't remember, mystic orbs used to cost 25k back in the day to prevent this, but they were lowered to 1k because "farming sunless sea for gold is boring" and because pre-ultimative, the most gold you could get from selling items was 50k (rather than 500k).

As a modder for nearly four years now, I can tell that sometimes when doing certain changes you can completely overlook some side-effects like this one. At first look you just assume, hey, finally orbs cost less, no need for gold runs anymore... BUT turns out you change the earlygame balance completely (not in a positive way) and most people fail to notice this huge balance shift right away or they just suppose it's intended and don't report it. And that's pretty much how we would explain all balance issues in the mod - damage cap, hp overflow, lag spikes / low fps, etc. Or why it feels like you need to read a book when you are new to the game. Fact is, you should be getting new tools and learn new things progressively, not just get flooded with content right away.

It's funny because most people seem to pray for a bigger community yet it seems everyone is so selfish when certain changes are implemented. I will do the changes that are necessary to improve the balance in the game and make the game more intuitive and easier for new people (which isn't equal to easier game, just a more linear difficulty / knowledge-requirement progression). Be sure I'll do the best for the mod while I'm still around even if the changes seem "stupid, irrelevant, needless", etc.

kakaraposa wrote:Man... It's easy maintaining that because its suposed to exist and help players. It's a complete loose of time trying to recode the entire prices table. If u guys think its unfair just dont use it...

How does not using it make it more fair? :facepalm:

Also, code what prices table? Lol that doesn't even exist. Without much thinking I can come up with several workarounds that would take me less than 5 minutes, such as, capping quantity to 5 or 10 and that would fix the problem and change nothing in the gameplay. Either way, as I said before, this will probably not be fixed directly because the glitch itself is harmless and the real issue here are mystic orbs in the earlygame.
Somnus
Joyboy
1339 | 127
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
► Show Spoiler

ByeBye Mystic Orbs, wont be missed on the early game <3
Severn
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
Theory, raise the prices of mystic orbs again. Lower gold value obtainable from selling items to shops back down to a lower number. I mean even if this is fixed or not it's not early game matters at all.