Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
imngocson wrote:I disappointed with the Javazon too :( . What is the concept of a character with 0 defense, tiny HP pool, 0% avoid, only 50% maximum block chance, must use a MELEE skill like Impale to kill bosses? And still can't put point into mele devotion to reduce damage because of Eviscerate.
So most of the time I just used Eviscerate, kite around bossed, and wait. One of the most boring gameplay with long duration and no skill switching.

You are not supposed to use curare for bossing. Suddenly your tiny hp pool becomes like twice as much. And you can facetank bosses just fine tanks to shieldmaiden.
Honkler
Cog
207 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Istaryu wrote:
imngocson wrote:I disappointed with the Javazon too :( . What is the concept of a character with 0 defense, tiny HP pool, 0% avoid, only 50% maximum block chance, must use a MELEE skill like Impale to kill bosses? And still can't put point into mele devotion to reduce damage because of Eviscerate.
So most of the time I just used Eviscerate, kite around bossed, and wait. One of the most boring gameplay with long duration and no skill switching.

You are not supposed to use curare for bossing. Suddenly your tiny hp pool becomes like twice as much. And you can facetank bosses just fine tanks to shieldmaiden.

I have an easier time "facetanking" bosses on my Hammerzon, its just he does mediocre damage and requires multiple enemies to surround said boss for amplified LL sustain. (Mostly referring to SCOS druids). With 50 PDR, full maxed 90 Resistances, and 500k armor, I've been able to facetank bear druid, summoner druid, and that one r*t*rded wereowl gimp with relative ease by stacking tons of LL. The Hunter/bear companion still give my HP bar a stroke but i'm able to whittle them down by kiting before the bear stacks falling rocks.. The caster shreds me... I have no idea why you think Shieldmaiden makes them tanky. You're sitting at 80k armor lol. My survivability is cut in half when I tried Java in SCOS. You simply cannot farm it efficiently because the enemies on that map refuse to group and the druids are a nightmare.

Agreed on the curare piece. Frankly, Paragon should have been a flat life increase baked directly into the Divine tree instead of "lol here's some stamina that you only receive after using frenzy" and it shouldn't require gem usage. Curare should not be the only damage option in the ultimate tree. If anything, it should be nerfed and added to the passive tree.

Also, Devs (if you're reading this). Please nerf the damage reduction aura that nearby mobs receive after the corrupted spirit thing dies... Having to content with a druid boss while barely leeching hp from nearby enemies is a real pain in the ass.
Edited by Honkler 2 years.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Honkler wrote:I have an easier time "facetanking" bosses on my Hammerzon, its just he does mediocre damage and requires multiple enemies to surround said boss for amplified LL sustain. I have no idea why you think Shieldmaiden makes them tanky. You're sitting at 80k armor lol.

It kinda blows my mind how it came to this as even wimpiest paladin is many times tankier than strongest amazon.
imngocson
Thunder Beetle
54 | 2
Istaryu wrote:

Thank you. I put too much thought on Curare and will try Paragon. But still I think a melee skill like Impale seems not fair with Amazon.
Honkler
Cog
207 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
imngocson wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Thank you. I put too much thought on Curare and will try Paragon. But still I think a melee skill like Impale seems not fair with Amazon.

The problem with curare is that you actually have to build around poison pierce/dmg for it to actually work and you end up sacrificing a metric fuckton of much-needed survivability/phys dmg leech in the process. There is no viable solution as it current stands. Either you go paragon for mediocre survivability or you go curare for a glass-paintballgun build.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
602 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I have a suggestion for a hybrid build that might work. I'm currently testing it out: go java melee instead of java throwing.

- Single Target skill is Impale
- AoE skill is Whirlpool (crafted boots/helm or TU armor)
- Big damage with Gemling, Deadly Dance, Scorpion Sting
- No points wasted in Eviscerate
- Can take the melee devotion point
- Can benefit from all the shieldmaiden stuff still
- Enough leftover points to max Balance for big flat defense
- Less dex dependency = more strength for better melee gears (
Titan's Burden
Titan's Burden
Spangenhelm (4)

Defense: (113 - 131) to (170 - 197)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 11
Required Strength: 34
Item Level: 19
3% Chance to cast level 3 Shower of Rocks on Melee Attack
Stun Attack
3% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(35 to 57)% Enhanced Defense
(7 to 10)% to Strength
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (401 - 450) to (562 - 631)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 68
Item Level: 36
5% Chance to cast level 9 Shower of Rocks on Melee Attack
Stun Attack
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(81 to 103)% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 18)% to Strength
Physical Resist 7%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (1028 - 1132) to (1419 - 1563)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 237
Item Level: 67
7% Chance to cast level 15 Shower of Rocks on Melee Attack
Stun Attack
6% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(126 to 149)% Enhanced Defense
(23 to 26)% to Strength
Physical Resist 9%
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1548 - 1685) to (2118 - 2306)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 473
Item Level: 85
9% Chance to cast level 18 Shower of Rocks on Melee Attack
Stun Attack
8% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(149 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (4)
/
Helepolis
Helepolis
Spangenhelm (Sacred)

Defense: (2894 - 3192) to (3206 - 3537)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 105
+38 to Maximum Damage
+(14 to 24) to Guard Tower
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 30)% to Strength
Physical Resist 20%
(31 to 50)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
Chargebreaker
Chargebreaker
Setzschild (4)

Defense: (492 - 573) to (969 - 1127)
Chance to Block: 4%
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 12
Required Strength: 39
Item Level: 10
1% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
(10 to 15)% Block Speed
+(35 to 57)% Enhanced Defense
(8 to 10)% to Strength
(8 to 10)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 5%
Physical Damage Reduced by (3 to 5)
(8 to 10)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (1)
Defense: (1695 - 1902) to (3048 - 3418)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 77
Item Level: 31
2% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
(20 to 25)% Block Speed
+(81 to 103)% Enhanced Defense
(14 to 16)% to Strength
(14 to 16)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 7%
Physical Damage Reduced by (9 to 11)
(14 to 16)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (3)
Defense: (4287 - 4723) to (7550 - 8319)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 270
Item Level: 51
3% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
(30 to 40)% Block Speed
+(126 to 149)% Enhanced Defense
(20 to 22)% to Strength
(20 to 22)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 9%
Physical Damage Reduced by (15 to 17)
(20 to 22)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (5)
Defense: (6416 - 6983) to (11272 - 12268)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 56
Required Strength: 539
Item Level: 77
4% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
(40 to 50)% Block Speed
+(149 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(23 to 25)% to Strength
(23 to 25)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 10%
Physical Damage Reduced by (18 to 20)
(23 to 25)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
/
Hammerfall
Hammerfall
Setzschild (Sacred)

Defense: 14322 to 17124
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 770
Item Level: 120
Deal No Lightning Damage
50% Chance to cast level 30 Thunder Hammer Nova on Melee Attack
40% Movement Speed
Adds 25-75 Damage
20% Life stolen per Hit
Weapon Physical Damage +(120 to 180)%
+200% Enhanced Defense
Elemental Resists -25%
Socketed (6)
)

So far, it's working well. I'm only in the infant stages, currently Level 70 but things look good on paper. Basically build it similar to Hammerzon but with a Javelin instead, and get your %TCD with gear/MOs. Thoughts on this?
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
imngocson wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Poison skills, especially Curare, shine under 2 conditions:

1. On a high WDM skill
2. With a big AoE

Before Pounce was reduced from 150% wdm to 75% wdm, it was best Ama skill for applying Curare. Early java Split Shot, or however it was called, spore shot for Javas, it was also OK. But Curare was only supplemental damage source, never main, something to throw on top of your high aoe physical damage skills.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
602 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
So the general consensus is poison spec with Curare and Impale is not enough to kill Uber bosses? How far can you realistically get as a full poison spec?
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Does anybody know exactly how impales multi target works? Is there a way to make it hit more targets? Does number of targets scale with anything? Skill description does not say anything 'bout that, but it doesn't mention the multi target aspect at all.

I can see the skill animation go off on 1-3 enemies. Target 2 and 3 actually take damage, so it isn't just a visual bug. How many targets are hit (1, 2 or 3) seems to be somewhat dependent on enemy proximity (not sure if proximity to each other, or proximity to player). I can't reliably get it to hit 3 enemies tho, no matter how much I try to bunch enemies close together before testing.

Have only tested at low lvls until now. Has anybody seen it hit more than 3 targets?
Honkler
Cog
207 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Splargh wrote:Does anybody know exactly how impales multi target works? Is there a way to make it hit more targets? Does number of targets scale with anything? Skill description does not say anything 'bout that, but it doesn't mention the multi target aspect at all.

I can see the skill animation go off on 1-3 enemies. Target 2 and 3 actually take damage, so it isn't just a visual bug. How many targets are hit (1, 2 or 3) seems to be somewhat dependent on enemy proximity (not sure if proximity to each other, or proximity to player). I can't reliably get it to hit 3 enemies tho, no matter how much I try to bunch enemies close together before testing.

Have only tested at low lvls until now. Has anybody seen it hit more than 3 targets?

That’s the primary issue with the skill.. It’s a one hit and quit. If it played like CLOD jab or Zeal with 3-4frame attacks, it might be better suited for an actual melee mastery build that can clear maps. Sadly, a huge swath of the MXL community will look at the latest Samael clear and say “JAVA STRONG” with zero due nuance.