Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
TheUnderling
Monkey King
256 | 1
According to the docs, I am able to deal this "max" dps. That of which is 83886 dmg each frame for each element. Is this true? How difficult is it to achieve that cap? Additionally, somewhere on the forums I have seen that spells can hit multiple times in a single frame if that spell has multiple projectiles and has 0 ND. Is the dmg still capped at 83886 or is it 83886 for each instance within that frame? Lastly, from a post I made which had been unanswered; are there any skills that are projectile-less, but are more of an area of an effect? If there are, is the frequency at which they hit an enemy only once per frame?
Murreh
Bone Archer
70 | 1
TheUnderling wrote:According to the docs, I am able to deal this "max" dps. That of which is 83886 dmg each frame for each element. Is this true? How difficult is it to achieve that cap? Additionally, somewhere on the forums I have seen that spells can hit multiple times in a single frame if that spell has multiple projectiles and has 0 ND. Is the dmg still capped at 83886 or is it 83886 for each instance within that frame? Lastly, from a post I made which had been unanswered; are there any skills that are projectile-less, but are more of an area of an effect? If there are, is the frequency at which they hit an enemy only once per frame?

It's possible to hit the cap, but it takes some relatively powerful gear to do so (and the right build). As far as I know, the damage is capped at 83k per instance of damage dealt/calculation, the frames themselves don't really matter. Also as far as I know, just about everything is projectiles even if it doesn't appear to be. Even stuff like Laserblade on a Naginata and Area of Effect Attack and such are just invisible projectiles fired at everything within a range. Stuff like Fortress is just complicated chains of screwy projectiles, some with visible graphics
Deadlock39
Cultist
20 | 1
So I've come to notice that repair costs on Runewords is a bit insane. You can of course use 3pgems to remove/repair/remake, but would people recommend just sticking an indestructible jewel in all the time? This seems especially important if the Runeword has a roll that you want to optimize and need to spend a handful of pgems just to make it. (and mandatory if you are making a Xis runeword?)
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
repair costs for sacred items are insane, you either socket an indest jewel or pay
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Put a indest jewel as one of the prerequisites before you put rune in
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You can also repair runeword items in parts, so you don't need the full gold amount (unless the item is at 0 durability). Just have the amount of gold you want to repair with in your inventory and use the single item repair hammer. It won't use the gold in your stash this way.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Bug in SP: Character file corrupted: Bad header

Can't enter games anymore with pluggy on, what do?
Bart
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
I have some questions,
Best uMO?
Did someone writed a Wolf guide?
Any tips for lorenado cotw?
Chrono
Cultist
22 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Deadlock39 wrote:So I've come to notice that repair costs on Runewords is a bit insane. You can of course use 3pgems to remove/repair/remake, but would people recommend just sticking an indestructible jewel in all the time? This seems especially important if the Runeword has a roll that you want to optimize and need to spend a handful of pgems just to make it. (and mandatory if you are making a Xis runeword?)

Just pick up high runes as you are farming and sell socketed throwing weapons in a5 for 500k. You have a pretty unlimited supply of gold this way

Also sacred magic armor sells for quite a bit.

Also if you roll items for runewords try not to roll max durability %. This makes the repair cost astronomical
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
repair rw < repair crafted items ( 930k for 1/2 durability)