MXL: Sigma Announced

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
cnoltz
Cog
205 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
I would like the shared stash, however I really enjoy the mention of making it available after Terror Baal if it could be implemented like that. Realistically, the people that have all the items, will always have all the items. Saying that, they wont have these items forever like they do in single player, ladder resets still happen, and would wipe shared stashes clean, or move them to non-ladder. There will still be a grind to get items/charms and level up all characters. As I see both sides of the argument, I personally don't see an issue with it :pop:
1 day closer to sigma!
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
well looks like we found just another pointless discussion
whist
Team Member
635 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
PlugY compatibility wasn't intentionally dropped. It's not MXLS that doesn't support PlugY, it's PlugY that isn't able to support MXLS engine. This will be integrated back into a patch at some point, and in an improved way with additional goodies, along with realm support. But it will not be there in the first patch, there is a lot of more important stuff that needs to be done first.

And I used to not be able to play without infinite stash space too. I would keep every single item. Then some day I wanted to play on realm and was forced to play without it and, the truth is, I realized the game was just fine like this. Don't lie to yourself, these items have been sitting in your stash for years and you never used like ~95% of them. And you would realize this by yourself if you gave it a try.

Most of the people I see complaining about this are people that never bothered to even give it a try. And on the other side I see those few players that were 100% SP players that eventually decided to give it a try to play on realm and now they just love it.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
To clear this up once and for all - since the topic has gone strong in shoutbox as well - this is what will happen:

- Will there be multiple stash pages? Yes.
- Will this be implemented in multiplayer as well? Yes.
- Will there be stashes to transfer from one character from the other? Yes.
- Will there be account-wide stashes (multiplayer equivalent)? Yes.
- Will this be implemented on the first release? No.

So that said, first sigma release will likely have no multipage support. For those game designers out there voicing out how bad lack of PlugY is, well it was never built in in the first place, and the new engine will not support it, just like it will not support any of the existing dll-based tools (multires, maphack, or any hacks at all).

edit: whist ninja'd, well I guess it can only be clearer now.
Bekircanmxl
Prowler
17 | 0
Marco wrote:To clear this up once and for all - since the topic has gone strong in shoutbox as well - this is what will happen:

- Will there be multiple stash pages? Yes.
- Will this be implemented in multiplayer as well? Yes.
- Will there be stashes to transfer from one character from the other? Yes.
- Will there be account-wide stashes (multiplayer equivalent)? Yes.
- Will this be implemented on the first release? No.

So that said, first sigma release will likely have no multipage support. For those game designers out there voicing out how bad lack of PlugY is, well it was never built in in the first place, and the new engine will not support it, just like it will not support any of the existing dll-based tools (multires, maphack, or any hacks at all).

edit: whist ninja'd, well I guess it can only be clearer now.

waiting first build...
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
TFW you want the plugy shared stash more than sigma.
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
If PlugY isn't going to be supported, can you add two different respec recipes, one for skill points and one for stat points?

Being able to move stat points around to wear different gear without having to redo your skill tree each time was one of the nicer features of PlugY.

whist wrote: Don't lie to yourself, these items have been sitting in your stash for years and you never used like ~95% of them.

That's a balance problem, not a reason why infinite stash isn't needed.

In an ideal world every one of those items would be useful for multiple builds and players who have been farming a long time for them would be able to spend time experimenting with different setups.

It won't ruin the game's difficulty either, since as long as there's periodic ladder resets players will have the opportunity to compete with each other on the ladder starting with empty stashes.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Well, stat points can be moved around already. And other features plugy provides, like viewing ilvl, or seeing relevant character stats, are implemented as well. Just not the shared stash.
xenim666
Vampiress
37 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Marco wrote:Well, stat points can be moved around already. And other features plugy provides, like viewing ilvl, or seeing relevant character stats, are implemented as well. Just not the shared stash.

Here's a stupid question...
Would skill points be moved around like stat points without needing to respec?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge