Trade Center Authentication

Game news and forum updates
User avatar
Marco
Team Member
1808 | 1126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Hello all :)

Trade Center Authentication



We are doing multiple changes to the trade center. One of them consists of linking your forum and online accounts together.
To do this, simply head to the Trade Center and fill the form with your TSW credentials:


Image


That's it!
In a few days, only authenticated accounts will be permitted to use the TG center.

Integrating the forum & tsw accounts together is the first step to improve the security of all traders and prevent fraud. There have been multiple cases of impersonators claiming auction rewards with similar names. Now you'll know exactly who you are trading with at all times - as you will be able to conveniently look into an user's profile to find his in-game account.

In the future, we can use this integration to provide more features in the trade center as well. Stay tuned.




About Page



There's probably a few that noticed already, but we have added a new About page under the 'Home' tab. There are a lot of people that have contributed to the creation of sigma and the project - and unfortunately we couldn't credit all the people in time for the release. So we suggest you to take a look at everyone who helped and show them your gratitude!

User avatar
keeper1l
Prowler
15 | 0
progress
krex87
Cog
208 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
this guy seems legit
Image
stralth
Skeleton
3 | 0
i loggin whit mi acc and tells mee this

Invalid username or password.

?
User avatar
Willshaper
Core Lord
380 | 29
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
stralth wrote:i loggin whit mi acc and tells mee this

Invalid username or password.

?


Are you using your in-game password?

Remember that passwords in D2 are limited to 12 characters, so any longer than that will be a wrong password.
Milkshake
Sasquatch
62 | -3
Good move. Idk how feasible it is, but a good idea for auctions would be auto delivery of items:
Seller creates mule account and places item/s on it
Seller creates auction with mule account login info
*Optional* Auction changes password for mule account
Auction automatically sends login info to winner

This would also prevent fraud.
User avatar
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Milkshake wrote:Good move. Idk how feasible it is, but a good idea for auctions would be auto delivery of items:
Seller creates mule account and places item/s on it
Seller creates auction with mule account login info
*Optional* Auction changes password for mule account
Auction automatically sends login info to winner

This would also prevent fraud.


There is a significant minority of players who categorically refuse to use the mule method, which seems dumb to me.

Everyone is in a different time zone, it seems like the best way to run auctions.
User avatar
demonshalo
Monkey King
293 | -1
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
wouldn´t this be solved a lot easier by sending the winner and the seller a randomly generated verification code to their private inbox that they have to repeat in-game when they meet? or am I missing something?

I suppose the goal of this to link the two accounts so that if an offender is found in game cheating or something, you´d remove their forum account as punishment as well?
Liobal
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
stralth wrote:i loggin whit mi acc and tells mee this

Invalid username or password.

?


I have the same Problem, the authentication process doesn't accept my TSW account.
Milkshake
Sasquatch
62 | -3
Skeptic_Zero wrote:
Milkshake wrote:Good move. Idk how feasible it is, but a good idea for auctions would be auto delivery of items:
Seller creates mule account and places item/s on it
Seller creates auction with mule account login info
*Optional* Auction changes password for mule account
Auction automatically sends login info to winner

This would also prevent fraud.


There is a significant minority of players who categorically refuse to use the mule method, which seems dumb to me.

Everyone is in a different time zone, it seems like the best way to run auctions.


Yeah, but what about when you're online when the auction ends, but the seller isn't on for another 24 hours? An automated system would be so much smoother.