Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Molondo
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
I attempted Death Projector and died. now it won't let me get back in. Do i need to restart the game each time i die?

EDIT: Nvm level lock at 30s
jaeaxe420
Jungle Hunter
29 | 3
Hi! I'm playing as a poison sorc. What ultimate skill should I take witchblood or chrono field?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
sqoshu wrote:1. Do Crushing Blow even work on bosses and superuniques? When I fight enemies that tend to have the healthbar down the screen and I am hitting them, there is never a CB proc, even tho I'm a bow druid and I have a passive chance to deal one.
2. Are "sacred" uniques only obtainable by dropping them? I have T4 EQ at the start of Hell, but I feel like my damage isn't that good. Are there any places at the beginning of Hell (A1, A2?) where I can farm "sacreds"?
3. Are mercenaries bugged? I got one from A5 and he just can't die, even if he facetanks a boss, while I die super quickly. He has obviously more hp than me. If that is the case, why somethimes he tanks everything allright, but other time he just gets randomly one-shoot?
4. How can you dodge Pit Fiends projectiles? I am running around like crazy but I always get hit, sometimes even if I hide behind a wall. Also, how to effectively deal with undodgable bullshit like teleporting red knights in A2 and blue ones in A3 Durances? Is it just stacking HP and mowing them down while kiting?

1. Nope. All bosses are immune to CB now.
2. SUs are drops only. And they only drop in areas with an alvl of 104 or higher (Hell Arcane Sanctuary and beyond).
3. Honestly, idk enough about A5 mercs to answer that.
4. Not sure what enemy type Pit Fiend is, but unless the projectile tracks you (e.g. TA Amazons' Guided Arrow), you should be able to dodge it. That said, some projectiles have a larger "hit box" than their sprite leads you to believe. As far as enemies that teleport on you (Pit Knights, Moon Knights, Alpha Centaurs, etc.), there's really no way to dodge their pounce-like attacks afaik. But sometimes, you can see them waiting just at the edge of your screen, then you can use summons to bait them out.

ajulasilotr wrote:Since
Fauztin's Visage
Fauztin's Visage
Field Plate (4)

Defense: 268 to 540
Required Level: 11
Required Strength: 32
Item Level: 19
+(11 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(6 to 10)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+50% Enhanced Defense
+250 Defense vs. Melee
+50 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (21 to 25)%
Physical Resist 1%
Socketed (2)
Defense: 890 to 1668
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 63
Item Level: 36
+(21 to 30)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(11 to 15)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+100% Enhanced Defense
+500 Defense vs. Melee
+100 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (31 to 35)%
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (4)
Defense: 2232 to 4107
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 219
Item Level: 59
+(31 to 40)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(16 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+150% Enhanced Defense
+750 Defense vs. Melee
+175 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (41 to 45)%
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (5)
Defense: 3642 to 6678
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 438
Item Level: 85
+(41 to 50)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(21 to 25)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+200% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense vs. Melee
+250 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (46 to 50)%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)
doesnt give Minion Damage/Life (as in the old guide for Summon Barb) and there is not a single Runeword/Unique that gives those stats - what would you guys use until I can craft a decent one (or find a Sacred Unique)?

Idk anything about summon barbs, but Sacred Honorifics can be a cheap alternative to crafts. Higher damage/defense than their T4 counterparts, low lvl reqs, double MO bonus, and you can shrine-bless them.

jaeaxe420 wrote:Hi! I'm playing as a poison sorc. What ultimate skill should I take witchblood or chrono field?

Witchblood for most things, then respec into Chronofield for bosses you want to slow (if you need to).
Finglas
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey guys, loving the mod.

I have a question regarding notifications with D2Stats Reader, I downloaded both the exe and the filter file dll. I'm not sure if I have to place them in a specific folder.

I can read my character fine, but I can't get the notifications to show, first I added some bases I wanted, and when I noticed one of them drop and didn't get anything in the text window. I tried picking up other items, adding it to the filter with quotation marks and dropping it back, to see if maybe the base itself was misspelled or something, but even then, the notification doesn't show.

I tried opening MXL first, opening D2Stats first, either way it reads my character but notifications don't work.

What else can I do? Maybe I skipped some step when installing? Any help is appreciated.
Gamdol
Cultist
21 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Are you running D2Stats as administrator?
Finglas
Skeleton
2 | 0
Yes, I was.

I actually fixed it, not sure why, but if I put the item name above the "#Hide" portion of the file, it works. Which doesn't make sense because it shouldn't matter where the line is written?

At least it works now.

Thanks!
Tiberius723
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Where are the best places for farm SSU's?
jimerous
Imp
4 | 0
Hi, For some reason I can not enter any of the lvl105 dungeons even though I'm lvl107 and in hell act3. Is there another pre-requisite not listed in the documents? Chances are I'm blind and am missing something quite simple.
jaeaxe420
Jungle Hunter
29 | 3
Alright, thanks for the reply!
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
jimerous wrote:Hi, For some reason I can not enter any of the lvl105 dungeons even though I'm lvl107 and in hell act3. Is there another pre-requisite not listed in the documents? Chances are I'm blind and am missing something quite simple.

If u cant enter a 105 area you're either not 105, it's not 105 or you entered, failed & it locked. Are you sure the area isnt 115? It would help if you told us where you were trying to go. I'll do you a solid, if it's not sunless sea (the only 105 area) then you ain't gettin in.