[ HC Walkthrough ] - Sonyia

Discuss Median XL!
LeQuebecois
Abomination
156 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
schroedinger wrote:
Pinball wrote:Sorry but can someone tell me what is the point of playing HC if you keep alt+f4 or press ESC real fast to save your ass? Then what is the skillful move here?

People has been saying you need sick skills and big brain to play HC. All I see is just stay at farming k3k forever and Alt+f4 real quick when the hp goes low.

Its just the LUL APM test. Ofc there are some guys who actually play HC such as mahitovec.

First, one of the characteristics of HC is obvious: you die only once. That means that it is much more difficult than SC.

Second, did you play HC? It doesn't seem to be the case. Leveling up to 115 and farming k3k is not an issue, since at some point you can run k3k with your eyes closed. The difficult part comes when you start lvl 120 areas. Then the path defined by "never make a mistake" becomes narrower.

If it is so easy as pressing Alt+F4, why are there so many dead characters?

I'm sure they probably never reached end game content in HC.
LeQuebecois
Abomination
156 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
So since everyone was afraid with a bowzon in HC i've decided to make one in SP SC to see how's the handling and the problems i might face.
I rushed through the game in 2 days and i'm lvl 109 act 3 hell. ( just for info i died 3 times in the whole rush to hell ).
It's true that she is weak when hit , but kill speed is awsome ( went for the habitual full dext + pameth ).
Might go half and half dext/vita for the HC play.

Biggest concern was mana .. have to buy so much pots that I don't loot enough money to rebuy pots ..
And missing mana makes it impossible to farm money for MO's for a gear upgrade ( feel started at mid-nightmare ).
MO'ing 25% mana regen will be a must too.

Resists are a concern too. Socketed 1 of ech resist gem in boots and stands at -10 to 25 in each res..
Might sacrifice some Pameth for other resist gems .. loss of dmg will be compensated by the 25% mana regen that will allow me for MO's ..

Regarding Ecsastic Frenzy .. I didn't feel weaker with it .. I even felt weaker without it due to loss of ias ..
Si idk .. but the idea of having 0 def in HC is scary .. i might switch it off for more angerous place ( like a2/a3 stomping guys , a4 trolls .. )
chibichobi
Prowler
19 | 0
use TU bone helm
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
602 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Get lots of Mana After Kill. Perfect Sapphires in weapon, runeword belt (MAL I think), there's a zon helm, etc. Then you only need pots for bosses. If you didn't know, mana leech is not useful if you are converting all your damage to elemental (only leeches on physical).
LeQuebecois
Abomination
156 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Semigloss wrote:Get lots of Mana After Kill. Perfect Sapphires in weapon, runeword belt (MAL I think), there's a zon helm, etc. Then you only need pots for bosses. If you didn't know, mana leech is not useful if you are converting all your damage to elemental (only leeches on physical).

Ty for tip , I aimed mainly for life leech and forgot mana leech / mana after kill.
Thanks for the tips !

And no worry : working mainly on phys dmg, ele dmg coming from ecstastic frenzy(magic) and random ele dmg from weapons.
Sheoldred
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Dsl de voir que ton assassin est décédée mais, une bowzon c sur c squishy, sa te tente po MMzon ou HoZ?
LeQuebecois
Abomination
156 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Sheoldred wrote:Dsl de voir que ton assassin est décédée mais, une bowzon c sur c squishy, sa te tente po MMzon ou HoZ?

Merci :P
Ouais c'estv rai que c'est pas top mais en etant prudent ca devrais etre pas pire.
Peut etre que mon prochain sera un HoZ.