Incentive behind working on this mod for so many years?

Discuss Median XL!
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Let's face it most people are idiots who cannot get a mod to run. Make it super easily clear how to get the mod to run and make the first 50 or 90 levels rather easy to get a good player base.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
well it already works that way, hatred is super easy. something that would greatly help newcomers I think is removing the "defense is zero while running" mechanic from d2. we also need a decent tips system, I'm thinking something like you get killed by enemy X ( usually an elite ) and the game gives you some info about that enemy so you can easily learn what you did wrong and change your strategy.
Clariska
Prowler
16 | 0
@ Marco.We the community appreciate all the work you and your team put into this project.I have played 90% of mods out there and they all are mediocre at best when compared to Medianxl.

OT:Well Marco and his team are doing what Blizzard should've done years ago.They worked 10 years on D3 and everyone got hyped to a mediocre game.The first demo movies are not the d3 they released.Now Marco and co took D2 and made it better harder and a lot more fun.More customization.More choices etc.You can't even compare D2 vanilla to medianxl.
Now Sigma are what we all are waiting for.To see them break the limits of the d2 engine :D as most modders complain they are limited to what the engine allows them to do.Apparently they are breaking those limits.So there alone its hats down to them :) now release it November 2016 as that would be my b-day present :drama:
cache
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
plz cheese drop rate before xl dies

where sigma at