'normal' diablo is WAY too difficult in 2.0

Discuss Median XL!
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Istaryu wrote:
imngocson wrote:Why did you remove the cure poison ability of health potion, meanwhile remake the game with full of poison damage, especially in Library of Fate?
The patch note said "Lightwells will no longer ignore your poison resistance" but my squishy nerfed health orb dropped super fast, although I have max poison resist. And with >100% PLR, the time I have to teleport, run and hide to wait for it wear off still sooo long.
For an "easy" quest, the number of deaths is way too damn high ,90% because of these annoying Lightwells - which had been remade and placed everywhere.
I don't understand. If you want to keep it, please add the antidote potion, just like the vanilla.

Poison was irrelevant so far because you just used a health pot and took care of it. Also, in library of fate, lightwells are the only dangerous thing, just dodge the punisher orbs they shoot, they move very slowly.

Lightwells now fire in wide volleys. The poison dmg is pure garbage though, it just slowly lingers instead of dropping you to 1 in a second.
loveless
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Out of 4 builds I tried, I made it to Diablo with 2 (dropped the other 2 because I didn't like the skill mechanics).
With Melee Sorc is was ok, drop Fusillade and run, rinse and repeat.
Spearzon was way easier, due to all the tankyness, damage and speed it gets. I had a T2 TU spear, IIRC, and a RW belt. Still had to kite his stuff, though.
Nightmare Diablo was even easier with Spearzon, I literally facetanked him, I think I had to strafe a couple of times only...
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Tbh I've had very minor struggles with all act bosses on all chars.
It's normal game progress that wore me down and killed the enthusiasm for me.
Death-Metal_
Fallen
1 | 0
Did you never play diablo 2? He summons bone cage on your town portals then too..
Valor
Imp
4 | 0
I did not even used tiered unique on melee assasin to beat "normal".
I dunno what it the problem here. I know you can complain about "nightmare" difficulty curve but... "normal"?
Neyhanis
Balrog
122 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Valor wrote:I did not even used tiered unique on melee assasin to beat "normal".
I dunno what it the problem here. I know you can complain about "nightmare" difficulty curve but... "normal"?

thanks to extreme wdm scaling with the ways damage, leveling a sin and specifically a melee sin (with noctule and crucify both being very good) is an EXTREMELY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE compared to leveling most othr classe.

My melee sin (1st char this ladder) used a blue lvl 14 claw and not even one TU all the way to hell and was super fast, but most of my other chars were a pain to level with despite having a lot of good TUs
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1459 | 64
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I cleared whole normal with bowzon with 6 deaths and 0 issues, i only made a tu2 reflex bow from the free acs. I agree that ways make sin leveling extremely gear undependant, but that doesnt mean (most) other builds will struggle.
cma78
Banned
20 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm still leveling up a paladin in singleplayer in nightmare, when i get to endgame i will share my file. If you are doing the same make sure to share your files as well.
sovsefar78
Banned
8 | 3
Istaryu wrote:I cleared whole normal with bowzon with 6 deaths and 0 issues, i only made a tu2 reflex bow from the free acs. I agree that ways make sin leveling extremely gear undependant, but that doesnt mean (most) other builds will struggle.

6 deaths in normal is a lot trust me, we can talk about it when you get to hell and beyond, your class is a kiting corpse runner, no matter how you build your bowzon it does not change that fact.

But it gets the job done with zero gear, not in style maybe but it still gets the job done. If you like kiting where getting near a boss and its minions is a death sentence in itself then bowzon will not disappoint you, just remember you will have hundreds of deaths before you see 140 if this is one you played from scratch without tg help.

An experienced player can do with less, but Median is a game in itself and here glass cannons do not fare well at all, not without sacrifice.

You can argue all builds have deaths, yes but melee builds despite being gear dependent do extremely well with survivability, they do have deaths in the phase where they are gearing up.
Sharkattactical
Rust Claw
88 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I find the new difficulty is perfectly balanced. Makes the game much more rewarding.