Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Cat_IED
Vampiress
39 | 10
B_ATAKY wrote:
Marto wrote:
B_ATAKY wrote:Can someone tell about whisper of the damned dungeon, pls?
1. How exactly difficulty raises?
2. What i have to do to break immunity of manoruk? Kill all waves?
3. I cleared with poison ww barb all trash on max difficulty without getting damaged until apparitions and spirits have arrived. Boom i'm oneshotted while whirlwinding. So i guess there oneshot mechanic exists? Or what can kill 10k hp barb with 80 all res 800k def 30 avoid and 10-15dr in one hit?
4. Is it intended that this dungeon seems harder than even scolgsen(for me at least)? I can clear scolgsen(slow but still) with my totemancer, but here totems die in seconds.
5. And last. Maybe anyore can share some tips, builds and secrets about this impossible uber? :)

Thank you for answers.

1. Each of the pedestals in the back of the arena, when destroyed, add different effects that increase the difficulty and rewards. Some add 50% to monster HP, add additional spawns, etc. Player gets additional MF. I recommend staying close to the portal if you are having trouble with this one and ignore those.

2. Kill all waves, then he drops like a wet turd.

3. I think the biggest thing in this section is leech and FHR. You could increase your all res to closer to 85, there is significant incoming elemental damage. The other big thing is your leech, I would stack the hell out of it and definitely life on hit/after kill. If you stop WW for even 1 second, and get put into hit recovery, the volume of mobs will get you. The mobs will not stop spawning, so if you aren't putting them down fast enough, the odds of being hit by multiple things and it appearing to "oneshot" you dramatically increases.

4. This one is easier than Scos, imo. Much easier. It just functions mechanically different. See above about multiple instances of incoming damage. I think there are some nasty ground effects as well that it never does well to stand in (same for summons.)

5. My record for singleplayer so far is 6-2. First failure was because I Eviscerated the monoliths and created too many monsters for a level 125 java with poopy gear (did not understand the mechanics of the fight). Second was because my daughter likes to press the glowing button on my computer tower. With java, stay near portal and just shoot eviscerate in a tight spread, 120* arc towards the immune boss. This will give you good coverage and shouldnt let anyone get too close until the meaty enemies show up. The biggest threat isnt the melee dudes, its the stacked up ranged mobs and casters. Beat it twice with spearzon set up as well, just pouncing around the bottom half of the arena, stopping to melee the meat walls.

For your barb, definitely check your breakpoints and your amount of leech. If there are other similar level ubers you havent done yet, do those first. End of the day, more damage output is king here. I have no idea for totem mancer, I think your totems are just getting mogged by that same issue of multihits.

Thank you for such detailed answer.

The deadliest ranged mobs are the javelin nova throwers with the undead knight models or the wraith things which stack up relentlessly. Start killing the first immediately. They spawn in a clear ring formation. They should be mostly dead before the wraiths or you are in trouble. The wraiths, just stay next to multiple things to leech from. If you get stuck next to a couple minions or less during that shit storm the lack of stable leech is what will get you.

Their advice is good. Just want to clarify the ranged minion point a little.
B_ATAKY
Sasquatch
60 | 3
Cat_IED wrote:
The deadliest ranged mobs are the javelin nova throwers with the undead knight models or the wraith things which stack up relentlessly. Start killing the first immediately. They spawn in a clear ring formation. They should be mostly dead before the wraiths or you are in trouble. The wraiths, just stay next to multiple things to leech from. If you get stuck next to a couple minions or less during that shit storm the lack of stable leech is what will get you.

Their advice is good. Just want to clarify the ranged minion point a little.

Thank you, mate. Looks like i was oneshotted by this shitstorm :)
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
What are the exact criteria to cube the riftwalkers eye? I know not getting hit by the storm and having a shambler alive, but are there others?
I managed to cube it once last season, but in a combined 30 kills I have only managed it the one time.
I'm 100% sure I wasn't hit and the shambler was alive when I killed him.
Do you have to be in the level to cube the charm? I can only cube it in town because I die if I try to do it in the level.
I don't remember if the one charm I managed to cube was in the level or not.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1237 | 268
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Opgedronken wrote:Do you have to be in the level to cube the charm?

Yes.
Cat_IED
Vampiress
39 | 10
You have to be in level and you must have the greater Riftwalker challenge complete first as well. Intentional or not, the ascendant upgrade doesn't work without it already on the charm.

If you are dying in level when cubing, try this. Put the charm, or make a second charm for this, in the cube before starting the fight. This way you don't have to fumble with drag and drop. Just open the cube and hit C. It helps.

I assume you know that the telegraphed lightning ring and bolt is what must be dodged. Not the spinning spray.

If you are killing him the moment a shambler spawns you will have to tank the fire aura. If you wait for the fire aura to time out before finishing the fight you have less to deal with while cubing.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
God damn it I knew that had to be it.
Would have been nice if it was discribed as such :P.
lavasoft
Jungle Hunter
28 | 13
There's a bit of a contradiction between the docs and the ingame text for the Oil of Conjuration, ingame says it doesn't work on normal/superior weapons, docs say any weapon. Anyone know which is true?
Jo_Jo
Pit Knight
100 | 4
Buffs like Tainted Blood and Vindicate, they stack, right? or they overwrite eachother?
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
What do you think guys? To make an ability of autotargeting with a cursor, which allow you to click near enemy with atack and you will catch it within a radius, or make an aggresive mod like in strategies, when your char aggroing closest enemies and uses one mouse button like a autoatack
crystalforge666
Cultist
20 | 0
Hey guys do you know where i can farm Zohar
'MhalElqSil' runes without using TG?