Naked Chars

Discuss Median XL!
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
In a very early version of median xl i tried to play some "naked chars" - without equipment excet rings and amu.

Now i try it again and starrted with an amazon / bloodzon which is focused on fire elementals.

Skilling is: maxed fire elementals, balance defensive harmony, meditation and spirit of vengeance (would be curare be better?) ..... 18pts in wild and free and 6 in lava pit, spellbind 1 .... 6 pts unused at the moment

most points in vitality and about 100 in energy

rings with resistances, amu with +2sk and resistances so all resistances are maxed

merc: a3 necro - naked for sure

now i am at lvl 114 and did all ubers 105 and 110

Deaths until now:

Norm:
on the way to Anja 1x :roll:

Nightmare:
Duriel 1x
Baal 3x

Hell:
Invasion/Riftwalker 1x
Duriel 1x
Horazon 1x
Inquisitor of the Triune 1x

Is anybody else trying "naked chars"?

any kind of hints and inspiratiobs or other input is very wecome :)
Edited by nobrainnopain 1 year.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Only casters may do it, which i dont like. Other builds require a weapon to hold.
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Well, elemental casters with built-in pierce, phys/magic-dmg casters and summoners should be the only viable candidates.

Unsummonzon does well because she both has minions to tank and her damage only really scales with hard skill points and nothing else before endgame and the damage progression of the skill is tuned accordingly.

I suspect her to be the strongest candidate for this kind of play style. Holy caster (hydra for damage, scourges for tanking) and necro summoner might work too, but should be slower since their kit scales heavily with caster or minion stats, which we are lacking without gear. I suspect minion attack rating might be too low to hit anything later on without gear. Abyss knights don't have this problem though.

Trapsin might work, she lacks minions for tanking but has a bunch of defensive layers from skills and gets free pierce from hard skill points aswell (like fire elementals and hydra).