Melee Necromancer - a revaluation one year later.

Discuss Median XL!
Diaco
Mahasattva
902 | 44
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
AGsniper wrote:
Diaco wrote:they are not mechanical shortcomings if your build is wrong :P

you are not supposed to succeed with a build that's not done properly. Mind you, this doesn't mean that there's only one way to build it, but that there are factors to keep in mind that will make you fail in different ways if you don't cover them.

quickest way would be a notarmory link

"There isnt only one way to build it"



"If you dont build exactly like this, it will fail"


Im sorry, what?


Read it again, I'm not saying that at all
MisterSweden
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Diaco wrote:they are not mechanical shortcomings if your build is wrong :P


So there are mechanical shortcomings when a build is "Correct"? Thats an odd contradiction then. No, but in all seriousness, how would a melee-necro (In your words then) not be saddled by mechanical shortcomings when other classes can either attack from a distance or in the windcarver barabarians case, attack while moving. You seem to hold firm the idea that just increasing stats alone will mitigate the issues. Mitigate maybe, but they will not remove them, or prevent them som existing.

Otherwise, its just throwing pearls before swine.
Diaco
Mahasattva
902 | 44
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
MisterSweden wrote:
Diaco wrote:they are not mechanical shortcomings if your build is wrong :P


So there are mechanical shortcomings when a build is "Correct"? Thats an odd contradiction then. No, but in all seriousness, how would a melee-necro (In your words then) not be saddled by mechanical shortcomings when other classes can either attack from a distance or in the windcarver barabarians case, attack while moving. You seem to hold firm the idea that just increasing stats alone will mitigate the issues. Mitigate maybe, but they will not remove them, or prevent them som existing.

Otherwise, its just throwing pearls before swine.


elemental barb attacks standing still, so does claw assassin, earthshaker barb, melee sorceress, fire/phys werebear, holy melee paladin, unholy melee paladin, and probably others I'm forgetting. melee attacking is not the problem, if you have enough defensive layers it's fine.

I mean, you have a choice here. You can either assume the problem is in the game mechanics and leave it there, or actually ask for help and learn a thing or two about the build that will help you progress. up to you
Nubman
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
People have repeatedly told you that the build type is in a good spot, and you repeatedly ignore people asking to see what you are doing wrong, for you to be the only one having problems.

You say the mobility of the build is bad due to ONE of the melee-necro skills being a non-ideal movement skill, despite necro having access to a very low cooldown teleport from level 1.

You complain that because of that, you have to run everywhere, because otherwise mobs surround you and you die. Despite playing one of the tankiest melee builds in the game. With 2 easy movement skills.

Literally all you do is dismiss people's advice, and fabricate more "problems" to support your claims.

Melee necro is in a VERY good spot right now. It has good clear and reasonable single target. It had easy access to a lot of defence, and a reasonable high hp pool.

So, clearly the problem is that YOU are doing something wrong, which is why people are asking to see your build. So, like others have already said, show people what you are doing so they can help, or stop your sooking.

Median also isn't supposed to be an easy game. If it's too difficult for you, that's also no one else's problem but yours.
User avatar
Jammy
Mangler
493 | 133
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
This thread will be locked if the OP doesn’t provide a link to their NotArmory. There’s nothing else to discuss without it, as they’ve been given the appropriate advice already.
MisterSweden
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Nubman wrote:People have repeatedly told you that the build type is in a good spot, and you repeatedly ignore people asking to see what you are doing wrong, for you to be the only one having problems.

You say the mobility of the build is bad due to ONE of the melee-necro skills being a non-ideal movement skill, despite necro having access to a very low cooldown teleport from level 1.

You complain that because of that, you have to run everywhere, because otherwise mobs surround you and you die. Despite playing one of the tankiest melee builds in the game. With 2 easy movement skills.

Literally all you do is dismiss people's advice, and fabricate more "problems" to support your claims.

Melee necro is in a VERY good spot right now. It has good clear and reasonable single target. It had easy access to a lot of defence, and a reasonable high hp pool.

So, clearly the problem is that YOU are doing something wrong, which is why people are asking to see your build. So, like others have already said, show people what you are doing so they can help, or stop your sooking.

Median also isn't supposed to be an easy game. If it's too difficult for you, that's also no one else's problem but yours.


"You say the mobility of the build is bad due to ONE of the melee-necro skills being a non-ideal movement skill, despite necro having access to a very low cooldown teleport from level 1. "

---You dont get Angel of Deaths damage bonus.

"You complain that because of that, you have to run everywhere, because otherwise mobs surround you and you die. Despite playing one of the tankiest melee builds in the game. With 2 easy movement skills. "

---Yet 300 thousand defence is not enough. When the numbers game reaches that point, its kinda silly. I dont know about tankiness if that you are refering to leech rather.

"Literally all you do is dismiss people's advice, and fabricate more "problems" to support your claims. "

---Not at all, i do take the suggestions to heart. I made som strides trying to walk my way through combat rather than running. My problem is that no one (except for that one comment that the admin removed) seemed to partially agree that of melee Necro being in a tight spot and not trying to hide behind the notion of my build being weak, a thing that seem quite common. The problems are very much real, if they werent, there wouldn´t be threads like "Melee viability" and "Is melee supposed to be so gimped in this game?"

"So, clearly the problem is that YOU are doing something wrong, which is why people are asking to see your build. So, like others have already said, show people what you are doing so they can help, or stop your sooking."

---Like i said earlier, i dont hide behind the pretense of "If it works for me, then it works for everyone". Only because you have a good experience should not excuse poor balancing for some Melee classes. I dont know why some here flat out ignore the points i´ve made earlier. Could i improve myself? Heck yes, that i could, but that would not amount to anything tangible.


Speaking of NotArmory, sadly i dont use that as i ever only play on Lan.
Boban
Sasquatch
64 | 4
I think you misinterpret the word "build" that everyone is using here. See, you don't have to follow a guide or something to succed. Your build basically means your skill point allocation and items. And for every item slot you have more than one viable option, for every part of the game. Sure, some choices are better than others, but aside from super end game content (from which I'm certain you are far, far away) you should be able to progress with the gear you find yourself. Finding good combinations (docs will help you tremendously) is very important, together with some requirements that you just have to meet if you want to stand a chance in later content (like max resists, breakpoints, multiple defence layers, sustain). It's easy to neglect at least some of those aspects if you don't have a good grasp around the game.
Another big part is actual knowledge about mechanics, strengths and weaknesses of enemies. If you know what can happen you can anticipate it, be prepared and act accordingly. That comes with time, every experienced player has died hundreds of times in various places, trying what works and what doesn't, limit testing and just learning how to approach different fights.
If you don't have notarmory you can always post screenshots of your skillplan and gear, or write it down, or whatever. That is if you seriously want help, not just to argue and invalidate every piece of advice you get, trying to prove your point. There's always something to improve either in your build or your gameplay, most likely a lot in both of those tbh
BearBearderBarb
Azure Drake
170 | 18
MisterSweden wrote:---You dont get Angel of Deaths damage bonus.

What "damage bonus" are you talking about? The only bonus it provides is flat poison which is absolutely irrelevant to the build.

MisterSweden wrote:---Yet 300 thousand defence is not enough. When the numbers game reaches that point, its kinda silly. I dont know about tankiness if that you are refering to leech rather.

300k defence is a very situational layer of defense and does absolutely nothing when you run, as you do because you don't know how vanilla defence mechanics works.

MisterSweden wrote:---Not at all, i do take the suggestions to heart. I made som strides trying to walk my way through combat rather than running. My problem is that no one (except for that one comment that the admin removed) seemed to partially agree that of melee Necro being in a tight spot and not trying to hide behind the notion of my build being weak, a thing that seem quite common. The problems are very much real, if they werent, there wouldn´t be threads like "Melee viability" and "Is melee supposed to be so gimped in this game?"

We are talking about melee necro and how you are incapable to play him, not about other melee classes.

MisterSweden wrote:---Like i said earlier, i dont hide behind the pretense of "If it works for me, then it works for everyone". Only because you have a good experience should not excuse poor balancing for some Melee classes. I dont know why some here flat out ignore the points i´ve made earlier. Could i improve myself? Heck yes, that i could, but that would not amount to anything tangible.

You haven't made a single point even after 36 replies in the thread.

MisterSweden wrote:Speaking of NotArmory, sadly i dont use that as i ever only play on Lan.

You can post your d2stats rundown, your skillpoint allocation and link gear right there.
[*Admin note: Redacted personal attack]
User avatar
Jammy
Mangler
493 | 133
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
MisterSweden wrote:Speaking of NotArmory, sadly i dont use that as i ever only play on Lan.


If you do not have a NotArmory, please provide screenshots of your gear, your stats, and your skills. Do not post again without it.
PJGrobbelaar
Skeleton
2 | 0
I just got back into MXL(Last played when old forum was up) I am very busy as I work IT + web dev double job. Now I started a necro but I ain't following any builds. Hell I picked summoning and a 2 hander axe wielder :D. I may be silly and die, but I'll die in style :D Even my 2 brothers that hates mods said this is something diablo needed for a long time. I do not play to be OMG uber stronk. I play for fun regardless if my build suck or not.

This is not POE or New Grim Dawn where you have a dodge. There are ways that you can kite. Not as easy as range but it can be done. Another option is run and pray :twisted: