Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
urabus
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Is there a way to prevent D2SE crashes when exit D2?
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
urabus wrote:Is there a way to prevent D2SE crashes when exit D2?

Specify: Operating System, patch (did you start at 1.13 and upgrade to 1.14 at one point, digitally downgrade from 1.14 to 1.13?), and exactly what error you are getting.

If the error isn't fatal and is just an annoyance or anything else (not rolling back on a save for example), there is not much to worry about.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
urabus wrote:Is there a way to prevent D2SE crashes when exit D2?

I get that too. Still saves the game and no problems so... shouldn't really matter.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
urabus
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Segolia wrote:
Specify: Operating System, patch (did you start at 1.13 and upgrade to 1.14 at one point, digitally downgrade from 1.14 to 1.13?), and exactly what error you are getting.

I have tried every compatibility modes.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
What exactly is the deal with the enemies and immunity shields in Toraja? I get that the Edyrem from CFM are the only ones that can remove the shield, but whenever I go there, there are always a few enemies whose shields just refuse to drop. Do Edyrems' attacks miss a lot? Is the chance per hit for the shield to drop random? Or is it something else? Because I've been sitting here watching them pummel this same Morlu for about 15 minutes and it's still invulnerable. :lol:

Also, do the enemies regain their shields after a period of time, or once they become vulnerable, they stay that way? I haven't yet been able to tell which it is.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Solfege wrote:What exactly is the deal with the enemies and immunity shields in Toraja? I get that the Edyrem from CFM are the only ones that can remove the shield, but whenever I go there, there are always a few enemies whose shields just refuse to drop. Do Edyrems' attacks miss a lot? Is the chance per hit for the shield to drop random? Or is it something else? Because I've been sitting here watching them pummel this same Morlu for about 15 minutes and it's still invulnerable. :lol:

Also, do the enemies regain their shields after a period of time, or once they become vulnerable, they stay that way? I haven't yet been able to tell which it is.

Enemies regain their shields after a period of time, and then it takes like 30 mins for them to lose shields again.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Solfege wrote:but whenever I go there, there are always a few enemies whose shields just refuse to drop.

Toraja monsters become invulnerable if they get chilled. Don't use cold spells, reanimates with cold attacks (act V frozen lords) or Ice Elementals.

Seekers wrote:and then it takes like 30 mins for them to lose shields again.

That's just nonsense.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
toraja and chill
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Stealthmaster wrote:
Solfege wrote:but whenever I go there, there are always a few enemies whose shields just refuse to drop.

Toraja monsters become invulnerable if they get chilled. Don't use cold spells, reanimates with cold attacks (act V frozen lords) or Ice Elementals.

Mmm...that complicates things a bit. What about stun attack (or stun effects from skills such as Blast Wave and Thunderslam)? Will they become invulnerable if they're stunned, or can they be killed once the stun wears off?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
stun is fine, it's only chill/freeze that bugs them