Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
To be honest he does not deserve such criticism. We are arguing about "tankiness" which is a word everyone has a different understanding about. As long as we do not make a step towards a function to compare it, each and every opinion will be biased.

I can understand however that some of the older forum members such as hellgrind or chuck can be kinda annoyed of the repeating nature of the questions.

But lets (for once) try to be a little bit constructive and create a metric for "tankiness".

I can try to give a base, however it is kind of hard to get a valid model:

"Tankiness is the amount hits X of dmg Y a character can take within a time interval Z and still barely survive, without having any active input of the player."

This parametric definition might provide an insight

however it still misses:
*is the hit blockable?
* whats the AR of the hit
chone
Destroyer
6 | 0
Wow , it seems i really deserve it, my bad .,. ill never try to help some1 again.Btw who are those zeros hellscreem and cockmortis to rage like this for nothing.I knew one single guy who could lecture ppl about uncommon builds and that was not one of those dudes. I didnt understood a thing... it sounded like bla bla bla bla bla stealthmaster build blah blah blah.
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
@RR
Im not angry about repeatable questions like this, im angry because when people see a new giude/char then their brain turn off and goes to mode "this guide/char is da best and tanky and awesome and bla bla bla". And they dont even try understand that any other char/build is also good and able to beat the game.

@chone
Im not saying that don't help anyone again, im saying that when you help someone make sure that you actually know what are you saying and don't be "that guy" who read only one thing and belive that's the only truth we all have to follow.
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
@hellgrind
dont worry :)

But i really want to tunr this thread into something helpful.

What stats help to increase survivability (defensive only that do not require any interaction such as casting inner fire/pagan rites, or pure running speed).
I would also love to exclude procs or life reg when you get hit for now

* life
    *Defense
    *block
    *avoid
    *life regeneration
    *resists (including dr%)
    *absorb (flat + %)

is there anything i am missing?
Hybridreamer
Stone Warrior
33 | 2
RollsRoyce wrote:@hellgrind
dont worry :)

But i really want to tunr this thread into something helpful.

What stats help to increase survivability (defensive only that do not require any interaction such as casting inner fire/pagan rites, or pure running speed).
I would also love to exclude procs or life reg when you get hit for now

* life
    *Defense
    *block
    *avoid
    *life regeneration
    *resists (including dr%)
    *absorb (flat + %)

is there anything i am missing?

I think we should try to fit summons/reanimates in there somehow. They can dramatically increase survivability.
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
do you have an idea of how to include this in any sort of model which we can calculate later on? I dont expect to get a perfect model but some sort of approximation would be cool already. Thanks for reminding me about reanimates
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Faster hit recovery/block rate/uninterruptible attack
Slows attacker/ranged attacker
Poison length reduction/curse length reduction
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Summons/reanimates
Pros:
1. they get hit instead of you
2. they die instead of you

Cons:
1. you have to resummon minions thus you are not using attack skills
2. reanimates depends on %chance to spawn on kill thus you have to get a lot of different reanimates to fill the gap in your defense (dr,res,ect) or get few of high % chance of spawn them
locked21
Sasquatch
66 | 0
Im new to the game as well, but tried a lot of builds. Traprat was the tankiest of all i tried. I guess it is awesome because he uses 1h with dex, so you can achieve high defense and block. Most of the builds either uses 2h, which eliminates block, or uses strenght, which unables to you to increase block chance. On top of that you have innate max life, cb (melts enemies fast). Right now i would recommend 100 times to go with traprat!