Farming locations in Median for Normal/Nightmare difficulty?

Discuss Median XL!
Gorghor
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Wrong game if you don't like farming, and it only gets worse. Farming for tiered uniques is actually the enjoyable and deterministic part of gearing your character.
empleat
Prowler
18 | 0
Oh ok, that's sound great! Any tip for earning money quickly? I found tips only for farming locations for higher difficulty!

Hmm, I don't like farming per se, but unless it is really excessive I can overcome it...
Marrt
Djinn
521 | 76
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
empleat wrote:Oh ok, that's sound great! Any tip for earning money quickly? I found tips only for farming locations for higher difficulty!

Hmm, I don't like farming per se, but unless it is really excessive I can overcome it...

There are two gold farming locations: Sunless Sea (lvl 105) and Vizjun (lvl 125). Before that you don't need that much gold and shouldn't be farming for it. The only enemy I can think of that drops more gold are the gold grubbers in A1 underground passage and A2 in front of town. But as I said, you don't need to farm it, as the gold you get naturally from monsters should be enough. Simply level your character, use the gold you have to buy required bases for tiered uniques, or make a honorific with some starting orbs and add more as you progress through nightmare. When you reach sunless sea you will be able to quickly fill all your items with the orbs you want.
empleat
Prowler
18 | 0
Hmm rabbits foot lvl 3 already says required strength 175, but I found on media that Amazon doesn't need more than 168 strength and rest should go to vitality. Similar things I found for diablo 2. But now I start to see that I will need even 350 strength from items! I already used points reset, I guess I will have to manage somehow with lvl 2 until Hell difficulty :D

LOL tho I improved my gear almost all to tiered unique (2) and inserted runes, I now have all elemental resitances 75% but still die in a instant LOL! Also couldn't find how to make certain items like Akara's robe, which is from quilted armor it says, but when I buy it and make it into unique, it is something else hmm...

I don't know what seams to be a problem, even with max resists and defense 1800, I have chance of being hit 22% by specific creep ,which can kill me almost instantly! I have like 2400 health, I didn't see anything else what is for defense...
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1680 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
empleat wrote:Hmm rabbits foot lvl 3 already says required strength 175, but I found on media that Amazon doesn't need more than 168 strength and rest should go to vitality. Similar things I found for diablo 2. But now I start to see that I will need even 350 strength from items! I already used points reset, I guess I will have to manage somehow with lvl 2 until Hell difficulty :D

LOL tho I improved my gear almost all to tiered unique (2) and inserted runes, I now have all elemental resitances 75% but still die in a instant LOL! Also couldn't find how to make certain items like Akara's robe, which is from quilted armor it says, but when I buy it and make it into unique, it is something else hmm...

I don't know what seams to be a problem, even with max resists and defense 1800, I have chance of being hit 22% by specific creep ,which can kill me almost instantly! I have like 2400 health, I didn't see anything else what is for defense...

Akara's Robe is rewarded in each difficulty when you save Deckard Cain, then just speak to... well, Akara. :D
Just play the game and post questions on the guide you are following or in discord so you can get more proper answers, of course also tell about your build, I'm quessing bowazon or javazon. Amazons don't generally get very much defence except certain builds, and Median has much larger horde facing you than vanilla D2, imagine what that measly 22% does when there are few dozens of creeps pounding you with both melee/missiles and spells you can't even dodge unless you have avoid or manually stay out of the fire.

Stat problem fixes itself once you start getting your uber charms, they help A LOT.

Just saying that keep playing and learn new stuff, it gets easier. :)
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1237 | 268
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
empleat wrote:Amazon doesn't need more than 168 strength and rest should go to vitality

That doesn't sound at all like you're following a Median guide, or at least not a recent one, since strength requirements were increased a lot in 2.0... and there's no Amazon build in Median that goes full vita. Bloodzons want to get around 2000 energy (which won't be attainable without charms from most ubers) before swapping to vitality, Stormcallers do the same thing with dex, and everyone else just goes full dex.

If you're making Rabbit's Foot, I assume you're one of the casters? Just keep your base strength around 50-100 and equip the highest tier gear that you can. Put your other points into whichever stat your spells say that they get damage from so that you can kill things before they even threaten you. Like Jampula said, more stats will come with ubers.
empleat
Prowler
18 | 0
Siosilvar wrote:
empleat wrote:Really an hour? How many shards do you get per hour? One has to know about this in this first place :lol: I just finished game on Normal...

Judging by my typical pace (usually 40 minutes for full t3 gear from Nihla on a completely new character), you can probably farm 150 shards an hour if you're reasonably quick about it

150 per hour? How did you manage that? Even with teleport I don't think that is possible. One run takes me like 1 minute 8 seconds for 2 pieces from 5 of 1 shard... that's not even 6 shards/hour... I walk straight from portal there, only 2 times got stucked from creeps... Couldn't do it any faster at this point... Anyways I have enough now I think...
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1237 | 268
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
empleat wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:
empleat wrote:Really an hour? How many shards do you get per hour? One has to know about this in this first place :lol: I just finished game on Normal...

Judging by my typical pace (usually 40 minutes for full t3 gear from Nihla on a completely new character), you can probably farm 150 shards an hour if you're reasonably quick about it

150 per hour? How did you manage that? Even with teleport I don't think that is possible. One run takes me like 1 minute 8 seconds for 2 pieces from 5 of 1 shard... that's not even 6 shards/hour... I walk straight from portal there, only 2 times got stucked from creeps... Couldn't do it any faster at this point... Anyways I have enough now I think...

5 shards become 1 crystal.
150 shards an hour -> 30 crystals an hour is a pretty moderate pace.