Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
i am testing this new skillpoint planner and while i'm changing the settings some strange things occure...

i made a skillplan for a level 86 barbarian , then i wanted to re-adjust it for level 85 , changed the settings , stated the character level to be 85, then this happened :

► Show Spoiler

then i made a another level 86 skillplan , i have invested half of the points into random skills (half remained unassigned) , changed the settings to make it a level 85 character and almost all of those spare unassigned points were gone :)

are those things supposed to happen ?

should i make a new skilplan every time instead of adding changes to it ? i'm affraid of adjusting those "settings" at the moment , considering the above

oh , and thank you for making the old skillplans visible again inside the compilation :)

edit: it was my memory cache that needed to be cleaned to see the old skillplans :D
Edited by ChuckNoRis 8 years.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hi,

this is caused by MXL's skillpoints mechanism. In lod you have maxlevel (which is 20) and required skill points to increase a skill level (which is always 1). However in median, a skill's real max level is always 99, but the cost of a skill is what changes, so when you are not able to put points in a skill, it's not because the skill is maxed, but because the "required skill points" formula from that skill is returning 999, and it will return that after it checked your character level divided by 6 and then added max_skills stat and whatnot.

Since this planner parses in-game formulas in real time, it doesn't know what a max skill level for a skill is. So, if you change the settings on a plan that was already configured, the planner won't realise some skills are over-skilled, so it will return a negative skillpoints amount, and you don't want that. I actually added several checks before allowing current skill points to change, but it seems I forgot to add it on levels (for example; if you have 4 skill points left, and you mark last difficulty completed to Hatred, it will give you an error). Bottom line: always set the settings first.

You might think - but we could do this in older planner or the game actually tells me the max skill allowed for a skill - both are hardcoded are not actually dynamic reflections of a game's formula. And this solution is more elegant and if there's a new patch it will work, in fact the planner would be compatible with any d2 mod, including vanilla lod. Anyways, there should be no problem with skilling after I add this check, just make sure to change the settings as the first thing before putting points or the planner won't know where to take them from later.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Thank you for the answer !
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
When inserting the skillplan into the miniguide it looks like this : Image both on mozila and chrome :( i'm not sure it is a browser issue because i have cleared the cache memory on both ...

can someone confirm if they see it the same inside my compilation please ? it's the skillplan for Die hard miniguide (no. 26) . I want to know if it's a problem from my PC / browser or not .

Thanks !

edit: I see it the same from my phone's browser too :(
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:can someone confirm if they see it the same inside my compilation please ? it's the skillplan for Die hard miniguide (no. 26) . I want to know if it's a problem from my PC / browser or not .

Here is how it looks on Chrome for me:

http://i.imgur.com/7DgPAxC.png
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Thank you for your confirmation ShadowDawn . I hope Marco gets to see this soon

btw does anyone know if the saved skillplans can be deleted ? that would be a "must have" imo
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
hi, the issue comes from planner being inside spoiler. I will fix this asap (have to take plane to frankfurt , so probably not in less than 24h). also will add delete option
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Hey, have a nice holiday you little bitch
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
How exactly can I find the planer? I always go to this thread but have no idea how to access it from anywhere else.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge