Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
what gear did you go for ? did you invest into energy ?
PodolskyV
Gravedigger
184 | 6
I invested into dex for block. That was pain to farm signets, so I famed them from griswold. Currently my sin with around 300 signet's eaten. I've done some ubers with atmg build. Then I started elem druid and done another pack of ubers, that I could not do with my sin
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
well that makes it obvious then . a caster with points invested into dexterity (??? wtf??/) instead of energy will deal low damage .there's your problem . get reanimates / charmed monsters to tank so you don't have to . so you don't have to invest into defensive stats (tons of dexterity for max block) and defensive gear . Perfect being+blink should be enough if you go that way . energy + caster items . that's how a caster goes...

dexterity investment works only for ATMG sentry , that deals weapon damage .
Bulooka
Lava Lord
91 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks for the replies guys, giving me a lot of ideas. I like the singularity/doom idea, seeing as doom also synergizes with elemental damage. Excited to see that bombsin mini-guide soon, Chuck :)
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Bulooka wrote:...I like the singularity/doom idea, seeing that doom works with singularity's multi-hit physical damage.
fixed

the Bombsin was not on my top priorities for the updates i had in plan . but who knows what might happen in the following days ...
vadust
Bone Archer
71 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Devouring Cloud + phase bomb as main combo. Last ltime i checked Immo/nova bombs deal nice dmg so that means it have no nd ( checked with almost same dmg immo bomb and fire sentry ), and immo bomb as heroic killer on switch from crafts like ppl used it for ages or thunderstone armor or what ever multihit with huge dmg output ( pyroblast/flamestrike/abyss ).
Bulooka
Lava Lord
91 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Bulooka wrote:...I like the singularity/doom idea, seeing that doom works with singularity's multi-hit physical damage.
fixed

the Bombsin was not on my top priorities for the updates i had in plan . but who knows what might happen in the following days ...

Right Chuck, I was agreeing with your fixed statement as well as mentioning that doom lowers resists for bomb ele damage as well :) will be trying this out when I get home today.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
that's not doom, you're thinking about phase bomb
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
There's not even a single reason that I can think of to sacrifice your best ability (phase bomb) to use singularity instead. It conflicts with vampiric icon/psychic scream/blink and doesn't synergize with cold spell damage. Phase bomb is better against heroics, it functions as a defensive ability and doesn't take 50 skillpoints to deal mediocre damage, because that's what singularity will do without stacking phys/magical. You could just roll a shadow avatar amu instead and deal 2x more damage.

If you want a singularity based bombsin, stack phys/magical, smax phase bomb (psionic storm could be another option), singularity and doom. Use bane claw vs. heroics (although I have no idea if this will work against teleporting AI).

Gekko64 wrote:ttad only works on wdm attacks

My mistake. So on wmd attacks its ttad + doom + doom, on spells it's just doom.
Edited by cowking 8 years.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time