Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Jitan, Come On
Balrog
122 | 7
Hey,
How do i play Witchhunter assasin`s set?
What attack do i choose? Obvious choice is twin-fang, right? Does is use only one, main, weapon slot?
Second option, i guess, is batstrike. Anything else?
Sacrfices-proc - why is it there? For Hades gate?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Jitan, Come On wrote:Hey,
What attack do i choose? Obvious choice is twin-fang, right? Does is use only one, main, weapon slot?

Barrier Strike FTW. Sacrifice proc - I tried it with obliteration but it didn't really do much damage. But it creates tons of reanimates.

Always have shadow refugee buff active. Gather a bat army of 10. Wreck shit with barrier strike and twin fang.

Typical skill plan - way of the phoenix/gryphon + perfect being maxed. Rest into shadow refugee/twin fang/barrier.
Scalewinged
Blood Golem
1303 | 62
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Does mercs benefit from single +skill (for example, will Necrolyte merc benefit from +X to Hailstorm ammy)?
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
What is the "magic critical hit chance" on assasin's barrier strike?? Doubles the skill's magic damage?? Are the blades also carry this damage??

I tried fire/poison damage dealing assasin and i wasn't satisfied at all. Im thinking to try fire/lighting, but before i change to this, id like to know if there is a way to make poison damage kill things faster??
Scalewinged
Blood Golem
1303 | 62
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
potapo_gourouni wrote:What is the "magic critical hit chance" on assasin's barrier strike?? Doubles the skill's magic damage?? Are the blades also carry this damage??

I tried fire/poison damage dealing assasin and i wasn't satisfied at all. Im thinking to try fire/lighting, but before i change to this, id like to know if there is a way to make poison damage kill things faster??

1. AFAIK ye. It's critical hit by magic dmg. And ONLY blades carry all the damage. Technically you perform only 1 hit to 1 enemy. But these blades also repel enemies that means you won't get surrounded suddenly as it sometimes happen.

2. What u mean about fire/poison? Skillplan pls. And about Fire/lightning too.
Faster? For assassin "more than one target" skills it's only -%enemy poison resists. And you can increase duration of passive poison (Way of the Spider) by equiping any item with high poison duration (for example -
Wormtongue
Wormtongue
Light Belt (4)

Defense: (53 - 58) to (71 - 78)
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 26
Item Level: 1
(31 to 50)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5-13 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
(2 to 4)% Life stolen per Hit
+(18 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
+(11 to 15) to Dexterity
Socketed (1)
Defense: (214 - 231) to (259 - 279)
Required Level: 21
Required Strength: 55
Item Level: 31
(71 to 90)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 19-50 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
(8 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
+(41 to 52)% Enhanced Defense
+(21 to 25) to Dexterity
Socketed (2)
Defense: (544 - 581) to (649 - 693)
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 192
Item Level: 51
(111 to 130)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 75-150 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
(14 to 16)% Life stolen per Hit
+(64 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 35) to Dexterity
Socketed (2)
Defense: (801 - 851) to (946 - 1006)
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 384
Item Level: 77
(131 to 150)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 100-250 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
(17 to 19)% Life stolen per Hit
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 40) to Dexterity
Socketed (2)
)
More info about poison you can find in docs in "Concepts"

Jitan, Come On wrote:Hey,

I was playing this kind of sin (dual claw melee). I realized that all skills sux instead of keep Bloodbath/Shadow refuge buff on you and use Noctule to kill hordes. It's the best way to survive. But anyway bats from Batstrike helps alot. Anyway assassin is the most squishy char inthe whole mod. Even bowzon have more survivabiity.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
potapo_gourouni wrote:I tried fire/poison damage dealing assassin and i wasn't satisfied at all. Im thinking to try fire/lighting, but before i change to this, id like to know if there is a way to make poison damage kill things faster??

http://docs.median-xl.com/ - Concepts - Poison damage explained
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
Fire/poison, i mean i maxed Way of the Phoenix/Spider and -enemy resists on these elements. I was using wormtongue for main belt also.. My idea on this setup was to spread poison with spike nova from
The Gauntlet
and some orbs on weapon but anyway i wasnt satisfied at all of how it went... so now i'll try with maxing Way of the Gryphon/Phoenix and use some spell procs on my equipment..

By killing faster i meant "draining" the life of a monster that got poisoned faster (faster than "per second")

Thnx for replies!!
Scalewinged
Blood Golem
1303 | 62
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Youcan increase poison damage per second only with equip another poison damage items for WDM or +poison spell damage for Twin fang. Also Shadow refuge increases your overal poison damage (AFAIK- both, wdm and spell) under synergy from Twin fang hard points (?).
Anyway if u plan to make poison as main damage- uneed at least -75-100 enemy poison resist (best is -175-200).
PS: Spike nova have 1/2 or 3/4 WDM (i think 1/2) so poison damage from weapons will multiple by this modifier. Not much worth imo. Better is even Shower of Rocks on kill (3/2 damage)
gcfbrian
Invader
8 | 0
My friend and I have reached 120 on our first two chars in Median. We can farm terror cows efficiently, and have amassed a decent amount of level 100 runes. Our question is, where do we go from here? I'm playing a totemancer, and he has created his own lorenado/cold sorc build that actually is performing fairly well. We've tried the black road challenge, but faust is pretty rough still. What are some of the easier charms we could try to get out of the way early on that would help us out?
Scalewinged
Blood Golem
1303 | 62
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
gcfbrian wrote:My friend and I have reached 120 on our first two chars in Median. We can farm terror cows efficiently, and have amassed a decent amount of level 100 runes. Our question is, where do we go from here? I'm playing a totemancer, and he has created his own lorenado/cold sorc build that actually is performing fairly well. We've tried the black road challenge, but faust is pretty rough still. What are some of the easier charms we could try to get out of the way early on that would help us out?

AFAIK you need to have incredibly high defence for Fauzt. Totemancer, as almost every caster- needs a
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
Runeword Level: 83
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
-(27 to 33)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
Maximum Life and Mana +5%
Elemental Resists +(35 to 45)%
(31 to 40)% Bonus to Defense
10% Magic Find
. as for friend- need skillplan and gear.

Charms u can get easy is.... well... Butcher, Island of Sunless Sea, Creature of Flame, Crystaine Flame Medalion.... and many-many others. Just check uberquests in docs and try everything XD