Holy Paladin Discussion

Discuss Median XL!
niursz
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
hey,
two quick questions regarding the new holy meleedin

1) what's the best way to deal with single targets/bosses? hammerstrike does not seem very strong (at least at low level), should i rely on some oskill, or a proc? somebody mentioned whirlpool, is that the best low level option?

2) marco mentions that terror strike can replace solar flare for dragon skills, but does it also allow the use of retaliate without being hit? i suppose it does not, but asking doesn't hurt :)
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
niursz wrote: what's the best way to deal with single targets/bosses?
high ctc of decent level of "on attack" procs (flamestrike / flamefront/ oskills (Hailstorm ) / others
Cinadide's Forge
/
Adramelech
/ / etc while having high IAS ( put some points into Rapture )
niursz
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
thx :)

is the flamefront proc of the catechumen sufficient for hatred/terror?
Scalewinged
Blood Golem
1301 | 62
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I think about what if holy caster set had "doubled Solarflare buff duration" as opposite to UH melee set "double terror strike duration"?...
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Scalewinged wrote:I think about what if holy caster set had "doubled Solarflare buff duration" as opposite to UH melee set "double terror strike duration"?...

well longer duration isnt necessarily something good, i mean, 1 second dragon oath was pretty strong.

in the end the idea of having terror strike as an oskill is to enable a gameplay that requires activating your skills less often. You get an indirect boost of mana because terror strike costs none, and you get a bunch of defense and damage to make up for incarnation loss, but you get to use those points too.

My guess would be to use it with some vessel to reduce the chances of being ambushed, I wonder if someone tried the build.
Scalewinged
Blood Golem
1301 | 62
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yeee.... Dragon Oath was. But here Flare have cooldown same as duration and suddenly disappearing cast possibility can be fatal so increased duration won't make it imbalanced or something IMO. But anyway new holy caster/melee working very well.. The only thing is that passive giving too huge lifesteal IMO. Potentially retaliate-based din can overrride melee necro in survivability
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Scalewinged wrote:Potentially retaliate-based din can overrride melee necro in survivability

I disagree. Melee necro does not require rare endgame gear for farming - you can do it with Sur weapon and some cheap SU's like Toesie, SotS, whirlpool boots, doom ammy etc or just pick full Rathma set and be fine. You won't even need Metalhead - 80% cth is fine for having 40-44 targets from Parasite.

Holy melee does not have stable midgear, imo, because Cinadide's set is ridiculously rare (the rarest one apart from Laz/community/mnx sets). Though the set is powerful by itself (75% free slow target anyone?), it disables Solar Flare, so you can forget about huge LL, elem. boost to Plague, and, most importantly, AR from Incarnation - thus you will need to craft really good jewels with %2 LL and 50% AR. So, the gameplay between having TU gear and obtaining a
Venom Sting
Venom Sting
Holy Lance (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (132 - 147) to (580 - 605)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 514
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Amazing Grace
10% Chance to cast level 50 Punishers on Striking
+(2 to 3) to Paladin Skill Levels
60% Attack Speed
+350 to Maximum Damage
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
30% Life stolen per Hit
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+100% to Poison Spell Damage
-(50 to 70)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(50 to 100) to all Attributes
Socketed (6)
(imo, the best HM weapon) untwinked/without trading, for example is gonna take lot of time.

Verdict: if you have full stash of SSSU's, yes, holy melee can be superior to melee necro in damage and survivability.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Idk that sucky solar flare gave me cancer in 2 hours. Casting SPELL while holding 2hand hammer in the middle of mobs sucks. Dieing instantly because losing passive sucks. Another uncomfortable thing is having two 5 second cd skills. Personally dont like new holy melee, not gonna play it till it gets reworked.
Also dont see the point of having 200 ll from passive, if you lose it non stop and need to stack on gear anyway.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
mahitovec wrote:Idk that sucky solar flare gave me cancer in 2 hours. Casting SPELL while holding 2hand hammer in the middle of mobs sucks. Dieing instantly because losing passive sucks. Another uncomfortable thing is having two 5 second cd skills. Personally dont like new holy melee, not gonna play it till it gets reworked.
Also dont see the point of having 200 ll from passive, if you lose it non stop and need to stack on gear anyway.

So you didn't play it to lvl 90?
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
plague gets bonus from poison spell dmg on eqipp ?
flat poison dmg from eqipp give nice bonuses with plague skill.

i like the new Holy Tree

does solar flare gets longer duration by
1) +skills ?
2) magic orbs or ?
3) Nih runes ?

@Marco you did say something with terror strike and 20s duration and for using the holy dragon spells, ( but )
and they get activated after buff/use solar flare, so the rotation means

terror strike > solar flare > and whatever spell you like

this could be a core for an hybrid melee/caster !? or did i miss something ?