Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So in the "hard" Ubers, I'm beginning to realize that the trick has less to do with manual dexterity or skills, but is mostly a gear check situation. I am simply not doing enough damage. So, as an cold sorc, what is an optimal +% for cold damage and %-enemy pierce? I think right now I have 22% piece, and 230% damage, but I'm struggling to kill some bosses quickly. Karbaxis is a prime example, always healing after murdering me and my minions, but I need those fucking elementals aura for my damage... If I only did more damage, he wouldn't be an issue.
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Taem wrote:So in the "hard" Ubers, I'm beginning to realize that the trick has less to do with manual dexterity or skills, but is mostly a gear check situation. I am simply not doing enough damage. So, as an cold sorc, what is an optimal +% for cold damage and %-enemy pierce? I think right now I have 22% piece, and 230% damage, but I'm struggling to kill some bosses quickly. Karbaxis is a prime example, always healing after murdering me and my minions, but I need those fucking elementals aura for my damage... If I only did more damage, he wouldn't be an issue.

I think you definitely need more pierce, for example 10% more cold pierce would yield you 19.2% more total dmg done to the boss with cold dmg. I'm guessing your current pierce is just from TU sorc orb and TU circlet? Try crafting some entry level pieces on your off slots that have no pierce with sacred shrines.
Diaco
Mahasattva
902 | 44
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Taem wrote:So in the "hard" Ubers, I'm beginning to realize that the trick has less to do with manual dexterity or skills, but is mostly a gear check situation. I am simply not doing enough damage. So, as an cold sorc, what is an optimal +% for cold damage and %-enemy pierce? I think right now I have 22% piece, and 230% damage, but I'm struggling to kill some bosses quickly. Karbaxis is a prime example, always healing after murdering me and my minions, but I need those fucking elementals aura for my damage... If I only did more damage, he wouldn't be an issue.

You should be aiming to get at least 135 pierce before attempting any 120+ ubers. 230% cold spell damage is also kinda low for that point in the game. What is your gear?
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
In order to do full damage you will need:

135% pierce for monsters
170% pierce for bosses
199% pierce for Anomoly/Sammy/Deimoss
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ekital wrote:In order to do full damage you will need:
199% pierce for Anomoly/Sammy/Deimoss

/Phoboss
n-gave13
Cog
215 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hi, i just throw away my catalyst to make arcane crystals by mistake when i throw all rings and amu from my backpack and how to get it back? Andy norm dont drops it anymore
Fululf
Gravedigger
197 | 11
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
n-gave13 wrote:Hi, i just throw away my catalyst to make arcane crystals by mistake when i throw all rings and amu from my backpack and how to get it back? Andy norm dont drops it anymore

U can buy it in act 5 from the guy who repairs your items, forgetting his name right now.. ;D
n-gave13
Cog
215 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Larzuk , thanks you and se u on labs at night :)
agaphar
Destroyer
6 | 0
I did something wrong, or "Sangreal" didnt work?Image

Tried with 2 gems first, same result
Myxir
Cog
225 | 13
agaphar wrote:I did something wrong, or "Sangreal" didnt work?Image

You need to fill empty sockets with jewels first and in the last socket you should put particular rune.