What would bring you back to Median XL?

Discuss Median XL!
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Anonymous: wrote:And removal of those 1hit ko mechanics, boss fight lasts minutes and one mistake sets your progress back a mile. See no point in that - i can do dmg, i can survive 30s, why make it 10 min fight ?

It's really the combination of them with the timers and healing bosses.
I can't imagine anyone enjoys spending 20 minutes just to get locked out of the level or having effort thrown away because of an unlucky death healing the boss.
momope
Lava Lord
98 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
https://redd.it/160538y

Easy respecs in Baldurs Gate 3 well received by players.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1680 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Opgedronken wrote:I can't imagine anyone enjoys spending 20 minutes just to get locked out of the level or having effort thrown away because of an unlucky death healing the boss.

You would be surprised.

Everything is pretty much mentioned already. Low drop-rates even on SP, certain tedious uber bosses and their farming, I know balancing is hard but you guys can't just decide which way to go especially with chars. :) But mostly it's because I don't have time to fully return to MXL.

I still lurk around forums from time to time, I won't touch Instagram again though...
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
I only play sp and drop rates are fine. You shouldn't be able to get bis gear just like that.
The only problem i have with the mod are frustration triggers like the ones I mentioned.
Those are what end up making me not play it for a year until i've forgotten about it.
I'm kind of nearing the quitting frustration level with some level lockout timered related deaths right now.
All it takes is probably a missed drop due to a level lockout and that's it for me this time around :P.
Probably not a bad thing, because I have some real life stuff to do, but still not great game wise.
I've never had this feeling playing normal D2.
paolo12
Cog
215 | 19
Bosses 125+ for most non-meta characters are still gear/damage check so saying sp drop rates doesn't matter if you don't have means to obtain gear any other way (excluding almost dead discord channel) is somewhat weird
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
I didn't say they don't matter I said they're fine. Even if you don't find that one bis item you can still make do with crafts or other.
You're bound to pick up enough items along the way as well that may not be the item you need for the char you're playing, but open up builds on others.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
621 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Opgedronken wrote:I only play sp and drop rates are fine. You shouldn't be able to get bis gear just like that.
I would argue that in principle they should be balanced for what the game mode is called - single player, therefore not accounting for SP """"trading""""", cheating etc. If you balance around that stuff you might as well drop an item pack and call it sandbox mode. So higher drop rate/lower nodrop would be justified.

I still play the game from time to time but fwiw, from my SSF perspective, I'd like to see the more rare variants of sacred uniques, aka SSU/SSSU, become more obtainable. I think the stat which determines that is called rarity in the game files, iirc. For example, over the years I've seen many Stone guardian spiked shields, but NOT A SINGLE Celestial barrier. Only ever found one SBS compared to tens of Scales of the Serpent. I don't know what the actual rarity difference between the tiers of SU is, but it feels massive.

And don't get me wrong, I don't want the rarest items to starts raining like crazy so I can get fully geared before hitting 135. That's not what I mean at all, but currently it feels skewed heavily towards the other end, for SSF single player anyway.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
I think the drop rates of those is fine as well. Just like in vanilla d2 I've never found a windforce, some items should be rare.
The thing I don't like though is that you have to basically ruin items with MO's and other non reversible, but necessary things.
I'd like there to be at least some way to return an item back, even if it's very expensive.
Something like 10 greater learning signets or something, that would also add a function to set items apart from being filler drops.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
621 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Opgedronken wrote:I think the drop rates of those is fine as well. Just like in vanilla d2 I've never found a windforce, some items should be rare.
True, but let's go back to my example - you've got Scales of the serpent which is decently common, and then SBS which I only ever saw once, and then Arrogance which I'll never get to see outside of screenshots lol. The gap between tier 1 and 2 feels too large, again I don't know the exact ratio so it's all anecdotal. And I'm fine with tier 3 being unobtainium, or close to it.

Agreed on the rest of the post btw
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
I've even found a couple of the tier 3 ones, most of the time you don't even really need the tier 2 ones to do most of the content.
A good deal of finding items is also in how fast you can kill lots of things, it might be that the drop rate isn't too low, but your kill speed is too slow to get to an acceptable drop rate.
I'm reasonably okay with not being able to do the absolute endgame solo self found (although with the right build its probably still possible).
Just the frustration of how the endgame is difficult annoys me. I don't mind labs being difficult, but I do mind getting locked out of them.
If I want to spend 3 hours deathspamming a boss, I should be able to do so and not have the game make that choice for me.