310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Feedback.
I feel like having retaliation on Solar flare is counter-productive. Since the first time you attack you knock them out of the ring anyway? Wouldn't retaliate without being struck make more sense to be on the Dragon uber? Since Solar Flare wasn't made specifically for Melee?
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
The buff Solar Flare gives is not connected to the ring it generates. Once you get the buff you can walk around anywhere and still have it. If it was the other way around, this tree would be truly horrible. You would only be able to move every 5 seconds, lol.

Also putting the buff on the Dragon uberskill would defeat the point. Marco's put it on a low duration buff to force players to be pro-active about maintaining the buff to use their skills. It doesn't bother me much, I just put it on LMB so I can easily tell whenever it's off CD. You want the LMB to stay red all the time.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Solar flare can still be used for casting, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense for Melee because it doesn't synergize with Retaliation imo.
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I don't see why not, you don't have to put more than one point into it. That's great utility for being able to use retaliate whenever you want. The damage you'd lose out on knocking enemies out of the ring is irrelevant. The important thing is that you don't get that ability for free.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Basically, melee paladin got a huge buff because he got plague right away, instead of merkabah (which was a complete trash skill). Additionally, morph allows for a much faster attack speed. Giving sparkles just from the morph itself would mean simply more buffs, which are not really needed, as current holy melee paladin is very strong. Giving them for free is just a ridiculous buff and all it does is promote mindless gameplay.

Fallenruin wrote:Solar flare can still be used for casting, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense for Melee because it doesn't synergize with Retaliation imo.

Except it does. Because there's Incarnation. If you're playing solar+retaliate build you probably don't care about solar damage because you don't have points to invest in it. So why would it matter?
Naabaanit
Tyrannus Discordus
271 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Hammerstrike still has relevancy right? I mean, I like retaliate, but I think I much prefer the insane damage from hammerstrike.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I understand, I guess I just miss the big explosion when you morph'd in XVc. I'll continue with Melee Dragondin, I'm just having trouble getting into it unlike in XVc. I don't know if it's in my head, but I feel like momentum is lost when using solar flare, unlike Dragon Morph in XVc.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Fallenruin wrote:I understand, I guess I just miss the big explosion when you morph'd in XVc. I'll continue with Melee Dragondin, I'm just having trouble getting into it unlike in XVc. I don't know if it's in my head, but I feel like momentum is lost when using solar flare, unlike Dragon Morph in XVc.

Retaliate itself lacks momentum because it requires getting hit. Thus, using solar flare doesn't make much of a difference.

Quite funnily, the "Big Explosion" on XVc was just graphical. The main explosion dealing damage was about half the size of Solar Flare, probably 30% of the coverage.

But let me put it this way. Imagine Solar Flare stated: buff that lasts 5 seconds, enables retaliation, gives ridiculous amount of life steal, attack rating and spell damage. Would you use it?
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1496 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
But i cant with holy melee set :p
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marco wrote:Quite funnily, the "Big Explosion" on XVc was just graphical. The main explosion dealing damage was about half the size of Solar Flare, probably 30% of the coverage.

You're kidding? I don't notice it on Solar Flare, but that's probably because of it being a 1 pointer. The AoE feels really really small. Like I said, 1 point, not a lot of damage, less noticeable I suppose.

I get where you're coming from and don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the hard work you put into the mod, you're a year younger but a whole lot smarter than I, but I do appreciate it, I've never enjoyed anything else quite like this.