Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
smartasss
Son of Lucion
738 | 1
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Recipe works.. Item lvl is not the same thing as req lv.
User avatar
tbone503
Heretic
416 | 6
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Muszta wrote:Hi,
this recipe doesn't work for me: Rare weapon/armor + rare amulet + rare ring → reroll item as level 1 rare item

I tried with 3 type of belts, both with sacred and normal rare, the affect is just a reroll, but the item level isn't changing... :-?
What am i doing wrong? thx answer


Works for me. What's changing is the item level (ilvl). Perhaps you're confusing that with the required level.

Here's an example. I chose a random rare skull cap, a rare ring and a rare amulet.

Notice where it shows item lvl 99. That's how it starts.

Image


Here it is after transmuting. Rerolled and now it doesn't show an item lvl at all which means it is item level 1. This usually brings the required level down a lot as well which is why people like to use this recipe before rolling with shrines sometimes. It means you'll have more room for adding mystic orbs after shrine crafting/blessing.

Image

Keep in mind it also means there are fewer affixes that can roll on it, so make sure you aren't going to miss out on a desired affix because of the lower ilvl. https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes. I think most people don't first use the down-level cube recipe if they are doing it with an item that needs one of the more special natural affixes. The best examples are gloves getting +2 skills to either Amazon, Druid or Sorceress. Or belts getting +2 skills to either Barbarian or Paladin. Or boots getting +2 skills to either Assassin or Necromancer. There's probably plenty of others but those are the first examples that popped into my head. You might be wondering why would you ever want to down-level first then. Well perhaps you're shrine crafting gloves for a paladin. Since you can't get a +2 paladin skills on gloves anymore there's no need to keep the ilvl at 99, and by down leveling you'll likely have a fair amount more room for the mystic orbs by doing so.
User avatar
Knight_Saber
Cog
240 | -12
koffi wrote:
Johnny Impak wrote:Am I the only one playing this the old fashion way by pressing alt all the time ? It feels natural, don’t ask me why.

I use d2stats to be sure that I do not miss anything useful, but alt is also in regular use because of old habits. Alt+tab still happens often enough, luckily they fixed those symbols rolling in the corner so that it is faster to get back into game.

I use alt to show loot, probably because I played cLoD back in 2001 or whatever and can't break the habit.

Alt+tab can be disabled per application right? Or does modern Windows fail again? XP service pack 2 is the best for old games like Diablo 2. My PC is almost as old as this game, so I wouldn't know.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | -14
How does the Stun Attack property from items like
Toorc's Gift
Toorc's Gift
Heavy Gloves (4)

Defense: (15 - 18) to (30 - 34)
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 24
Item Level: 5
2% Chance to cast level 1 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
5% Attack Speed
Stun Attack
+(12 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (129 - 143) to (160 - 177)
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 35
Item Level: 24
3% Chance to cast level 2 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
15% Attack Speed
Adds (21 to 30)-(31 to 50) cold damage
Stun Attack
+(47 to 63)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (376 - 409) to (448 - 488)
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 74
Item Level: 44
4% Chance to cast level 3 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
25% Attack Speed
Adds (71 to 90)-(91 to 125) cold damage
Stun Attack
+(81 to 97)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (568 - 614) to (685 - 740)
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 154
Item Level: 77
5% Chance to cast level 3 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
30% Attack Speed
Adds (161 to 200)-(201 to 250) cold damage
Stun Attack
+(98 to 114)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (4)
and
Dragon Tail
Dragon Tail
Plated Belt (4)

Defense: (206 - 232) to (277 - 312)
Required Level: 10
Required Strength: 81
Item Level: 16
5% Chance to cast level 6 Seal of Fire on Melee Attack
15% Attack Speed
Adds (5 to 10)-(11 to 15) fire damage
Stun Attack
+(51 to 70)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(16 to 25)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (640 - 708) to (828 - 916)
Required Level: 27
Required Strength: 119
Item Level: 32
6% Chance to cast level 14 Seal of Fire on Melee Attack
25% Attack Speed
Adds (15 to 25)-(26 to 40) fire damage
Stun Attack
+(81 to 100)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(36 to 45)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1519 - 1656) to (1928 - 2102)
Required Level: 44
Required Strength: 251
Item Level: 52
7% Chance to cast level 20 Seal of Fire on Melee Attack
35% Attack Speed
Adds (50 to 70)-(80 to 110) fire damage
Stun Attack
+(111 to 130)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(56 to 65)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (2366 - 2553) to (2993 - 3229)
Required Level: 52
Required Strength: 519
Item Level: 87
8% Chance to cast level 24 Seal of Fire on Melee Attack
40% Attack Speed
Adds (161 to 200)-(241 to 320) fire damage
Stun Attack
+(141 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(66 to 75)%
Socketed (2)
work with melee skills like Carnage?
User avatar
Jampula
Void Archon
853 | 33
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HurtSmash404 wrote:How does the Stun Attack property from items like
Toorc's Gift
Toorc's Gift
Heavy Gloves (4)

Defense: (15 - 18) to (30 - 34)
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 24
Item Level: 5
2% Chance to cast level 1 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
5% Attack Speed
Stun Attack
+(12 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (129 - 143) to (160 - 177)
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 35
Item Level: 24
3% Chance to cast level 2 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
15% Attack Speed
Adds (21 to 30)-(31 to 50) cold damage
Stun Attack
+(47 to 63)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (376 - 409) to (448 - 488)
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 74
Item Level: 44
4% Chance to cast level 3 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
25% Attack Speed
Adds (71 to 90)-(91 to 125) cold damage
Stun Attack
+(81 to 97)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (568 - 614) to (685 - 740)
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 154
Item Level: 77
5% Chance to cast level 3 Glacial Nova on Melee Attack
30% Attack Speed
Adds (161 to 200)-(201 to 250) cold damage
Stun Attack
+(98 to 114)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (4)
and
Dragon Tail
Dragon Tail
Plated Belt (4)

Defense: (206 - 232) to (277 - 312)
Required Level: 10
Required Strength: 81
Item Level: 16
5% Chance to cast level 6 Seal of Fire on Melee Attack
15% Attack Speed
Adds (5 to 10)-(11 to 15) fire damage
Stun Attack
+(51 to 70)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(16 to 25)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (640 - 708) to (828 - 916)
Required Level: 27
Required Strength: 119
Item Level: 32
6% Chance to cast level 14 Seal of Fire on Melee Attack
25% Attack Speed
Adds (15 to 25)-(26 to 40) fire damage
Stun Attack
+(81 to 100)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(36 to 45)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1519 - 1656) to (1928 - 2102)
Required Level: 44
Required Strength: 251
Item Level: 52
7% Chance to cast level 20 Seal of Fire on Melee Attack
35% Attack Speed
Adds (50 to 70)-(80 to 110) fire damage
Stun Attack
+(111 to 130)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(56 to 65)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (2366 - 2553) to (2993 - 3229)
Required Level: 52
Required Strength: 519
Item Level: 87
8% Chance to cast level 24 Seal of Fire on Melee Attack
40% Attack Speed
Adds (161 to 200)-(241 to 320) fire damage
Stun Attack
+(141 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(66 to 75)%
Socketed (2)
work with melee skills like Carnage?

Stuns only the initial target you hit, not the whole Carnage aoe.
User avatar
Arc_Razer
Grubber
321 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Does LaserBlade assin skill effect all damage or just the AoE of Nagis? (like it used too)
User avatar
Jampula
Void Archon
853 | 33
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Arc_Razer wrote:Does LaserBlade assin skill effect all damage or just the AoE of Nagis? (like it used too)

I think it does. Someone have to confirm but patch notes say it applies to all attacks now and I noticed Hades Gate sin is now stronger than before.
User avatar
Arc_Razer
Grubber
321 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
thanks, am playing that at the mo, so much fun.
Muszta
Prowler
16 | 0
tbone503 wrote:
Muszta wrote:Hi,
this recipe doesn't work for me: Rare weapon/armor + rare amulet + rare ring → reroll item as level 1 rare item

I tried with 3 type of belts, both with sacred and normal rare, the affect is just a reroll, but the item level isn't changing... :-?
What am i doing wrong? thx answer


Works for me. What's changing is the item level (ilvl). Perhaps you're confusing that with the required level.

Here's an example. I chose a random rare skull cap, a rare ring and a rare amulet.

Notice where it shows item lvl 99. That's how it starts.

Image


Here it is after transmuting. Rerolled and now it doesn't show an item lvl at all which means it is item level 1. This usually brings the required level down a lot as well which is why people like to use this recipe before rolling with shrines sometimes. It means you'll have more room for adding mystic orbs after shrine crafting/blessing.

Image

Keep in mind it also means there are fewer affixes that can roll on it, so make sure you aren't going to miss out on a desired affix because of the lower ilvl. https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes. I think most people don't first use the down-level cube recipe if they are doing it with an item that needs one of the more special natural affixes. The best examples are gloves getting +2 skills to either Amazon, Druid or Sorceress. Or belts getting +2 skills to either Barbarian or Paladin. Or boots getting +2 skills to either Assassin or Necromancer. There's probably plenty of others but those are the first examples that popped into my head. You might be wondering why would you ever want to down-level first then. Well perhaps you're shrine crafting gloves for a paladin. Since you can't get a +2 paladin skills on gloves anymore there's no need to keep the ilvl at 99, and by down leveling you'll likely have a fair amount more room for the mystic orbs by doing so.


thanks to you for explained it.
I am noob here at now. I need more knowledge about it to ask... but if you got a good affixes,and then you use this recipe, that will still reroll the affixes... or after crafting it won't reroll? :roll:
Muszta
Prowler
16 | 0
I am looking for a skill like Life Tap (Nec curse in LOD), is there out something like that in this mod?