From SP to MP? - Help/Discuss

Discuss Median XL!
Hookhookhook
Prowler
16 | 0
Background: I have played median in SP exclusively for a while. My stash became very big with more than 150 pages and I had to reorganize and rearrange it a couple of times (because more stuff than I expected) in order to still have fun using it or when looking at it, twinking and others...

Now I want to play online and I seek help on how to overcome the shock of only having 1 page of a stash while of course being able to mule some stuff away - another topic could be to get used to not having luxury anymore? :D
In other words: What are your experiences coming from Single player to Multi player? I am also interested in you who jumped straight into MP: How do you organize your items?
- What I got so far is that you should play just one class enjoy in teamplay and convert uniques and stuff / don't keep all the useful gear (-:

By the way:
I want to throw in, that I was really a fan of the Eastern Sun stock system where you had different Cans which could stock up everything that didn't use attributes, mostly crafting recipes, rerolling mats (Gem Can, Crystal Can, Ancient Decals 1-25, 25-50, Rune can, Rerolling Orb, Multistocker, and stuff). Just put the item + the stocker into the cube press convert and there you go, it's stocked.
Thus Playing it online was still a blast because you could save alot of space:
For instance no matter what gem size you needed you could get it from that can easily, where chipped had the value 1 and perfect 4xx :mrgreen: (some recipes needed chipped). And you could use these cans in recipes to automatically remove the incredient. Once used to it was very fun to do, also because it was a very quick thing to do and you almost never had to return to town! (Of course go back to store like uniques/sets)
Unfortunatelly the mod development stopped when D3 came out , and there are no realms anymore.

p.s. I can really recommend Touch-Screen (and if it is just temporary) to reorganize shared-stash. O-)
Edited by Hookhookhook 8 years.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You don't have to worry, drops are so bad you don't have to mule much anyway.

Sig anything that doesn't have guaranteed and fast trade value. After 500 sigs, you might as well turn them to arcane crystals for jewelcrafting unless you plan on making another char.

Store only things you know with 100% certainty you will use in near future.

For gems/jewels -> k3k, cow level or fauzt.

Say... you find a metalhead while playing and focusing on a caster, you might as well sig it since finding a buyer takes more effort than anything you might get in return.
Edited by cowking 8 years.
Hookhookhook
Prowler
16 | 0
Thanks. Well coming from SP I'm not primarily inteterested in trading and thusly keeping the items for myself especially possible crafting/runewording to begin with (i'm here a little more for the possible party play)
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
cowking wrote:Say... you find a metalhead while playing and focusing on a caster, you might as well sig it since finding a buyer will take 24 hours or more.

please don't do this, if you find good items keep them, if you find a good item you don't need and you can't be arsed to trade it make a game called "Free X" or something and give it to someone who needs it. you might lose a few sigs this way, but you will make friends who will help you a lot in the long run and make playing the game a lot more fun
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Giving shit for free makes dumb newbies and saturates realm eco.

I don't even give free stuff in the end of the ladder, eg. last ladder I let my SSSSU nagi expire.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
How do you organize your items?

Last ladder I had mules named Set_MuleX and SU_MuleX where X is substituted by 1,2,3...

Aslo, you might want to check this thread: http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1308. This list can help organizing your items.
heamn
Gravedigger
186 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
well, i was trying to prepare my trade/offer page but found that my muling arrangement was too messy.

what i did was preparing muling char to lvl 21 on 2nd acc, so that they can join my game with the lvl 120 main, i have like 7-8 char at 2nd acc now
Each of which has their own specific muling purpose, example one of them are universal set item mule, the other being universal sacred unique carrier, jewel mule, rune mule, base item mule ect ect

And then next would be simply create lvl 1 char at my main account, they can join the lvl 21's game

Silly naming indicating for sacred armor/ sacred boots etc etc, they store the respective sacred unique for non class restricted items.
and then another 7 char for all 7 classes, carrying class based set items and class based unique items

for example when my set mule (2nd acc) is full, i'll get it to create game, and take the respective lvl 1 class char (main acc) to grab the set parts from the set mule

this is for me to easily recognize where to find the items when i need them.

PS: hopefully future release will enable shared stash by default >.>
i really miss plugy on SP xD

EDIT: i forgot to mention, it's best to make the 3rd account for the lvl 1 toons, creating them on your main account clutters your char selection screen, it was too late for me when i realized that.
Edited by heamn 8 years.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Just play on the realm, have fun, make friends and mule whatever you want with mule characters.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Hookhookhook
Prowler
16 | 0
thanks just a quick answer in my short break
@greg good idea however i feel i wont be having fun if i dont set a plan on what I want to mule and what not and how to organize based on my experience in SP where I basically played for the long haul: Keep everything that can be used to make playing another class/build more fun. And then I basically always just played what class/build I felt like (yes including hell dungs). So to connect the statements here:
I think the trade suggestion (earlier answer) - to look on ft items - was not a bad idea. I am just pretty noobish at trade and have no clue about fast trades and what currency :D

I don't want to start my automatism again which is gather all that I like, because I know it' will be a hassle without shared stash later on. And it is not worth the effort in a ladder based mode where it's all lost later. (that is what motivated me to stay offline in SP and have a good time for a long time building up a nice shared stash for myself, it was nice - years)

However based on my experience in SP it also takes a while to get geared well, hell-ready, and then dung-ready...so I might want to play another class inbetween... Principally I dislike people who split there time playing several characters instead of getting one class done first, but then again I found myself :roll: having this interest after a time of just playing/farming with just that one main. So. Not sure on how much to mule, hehe *confused*
Edited by Hookhookhook 8 years.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
I know what you're saying but if you play with people and ask advice there, people will generally steer you in the right direction. Tell you what you should mule and what you should sig, etc. There are characters that can do a lot of content with just some runewords and crafts. That's the main focus of this mod nowadays. Read the docs and guides and really you'll find that while playing on realm, muling will become second nature. Trust me.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.