Is rushing not a thing anymore?

Discuss Median XL!
poptartsicle
Imp
4 | 0
My buddy stopped playing at lvl 30 for a day and i kept goin and then rushed him to nightmare next day and he was getting no xp from anything.
Xainn
Cultist
22 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
You gotta exp on things within a certain level of you, and if you're a higher level doing the killing it's unlikely he's going to get as much EXP or so I believe.
poptartsicle
Imp
4 | 0
:( now i feel bad because i outlvled him by like 70 levels
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Well to put it short:

No, rushing doesn't make much sense anymore. You get only experience in areas that are in a 10 level range. So if you're level 30, you get exp in level 20 areas as well as level 40 areas and anything between.

What you could do now: There's the option to display the area level on the minimap. That way you can figure out where he could potentially level up relatively easily.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
If you want to avoid some boring map parts , yes , it makes sense , but you have to recover the skipped xp by farming/leveling in other areas. For example in act 5 Abbadon or Icy cellar you can get a few level ups.

It's not 10 levels difference to get xp. I often get at around c.lvl 63-64 in 75-76 areas and still gain xp without problems. It's more likely 12-15 levels between your character level and the area level. I have not made any exact tests , but for sure the cap is not 10

If you get to an arrea and don't gain xp , you need to go a bit behind to gain more level(s)
poptartsicle
Imp
4 | 0
thank you for the replies, im just gonna start an alt char to play with him for those levels otherwise he will prob get bored and quit ><