Why is Spirit of guyia still not tweaked?

Discuss Median XL!
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Is there any criteria to how spirit of guyia casts those harvesters or is it totally random?

There have been times when he casted like 7 harvesters in a row and I had to purify on cd and then some. Plus die somewhere and reset the fight due to the absurd amount of phantasms. I mean, it's not that hard, but it's insane trial and error aka the staple of bad design. In addition to this, what kind of fight needs you to die with the phantasms away from the boss to reset it otherwise you get shredded to pieces because they are too many? You really can't split the boss and the phantasms because those have insane follow range.

There have been times when I would kill the boss in 2 minutes and times when I wouldn't be able to get him to 50% before lockdown.

The problems with this boss would completely disappear if the harvester cooldown was something like 8 seconds so you actually have time to attack him after he plants a harvester and you purify it. Right now, there are times when you purify on cd and still have like 2 harvesters up. What's that about?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
From experience I can say that summuns seems to increase spawn rate. Sometimes it can go a full minute without casting a harvester, other times you can barrel kill one before a new one appears.

I agree with you on this one. The frequency should be timered to be evened out. Failing this due to bad RNG is frustrating.
MagnuS
Pit Knight
112 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Rng vs mathematics' objective rules. Here we go again....
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Not that much. I can live with it being how it is. It would just be better with a fixed time between each cast imo.

I don’t want another RNG debate haha.
Flyon
Stygian Watcher
43 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Tried to kill once twice thrice and gave up
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
it does have a timer

also use the map
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
The only build I ever killed it is trapsin. I had to stay in the middle of the map because of cooldown on catalyst.

Will try moving more on my next builds though.
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You can use traps without the catalyst every time. If you have to move, you can take him elsewhere and do lower damage and still be effective and then burst with the catalyst when possible.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Never tried this way because I thought the damage would not be worth it
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I've done it with bowzon with askarbydd and bow druid with homing nova shot. Basically stuff that deals reliable damage against highly mobile targets. The fact that the boss can't stand still for a second doesn't help

Marco wrote:it does have a timer

also use the map

Yep, it has a timer, it's just that it's too low. I think it's 4 seconds? Purify has 5 seconds cooldown. If you're unlucky enough, you can never deal damage to him.

The map is filled with guardians that burn your entire mana in one single hit. Also filled with invulnerable phantasms. I really wanna see someone who plays this fight as 'it is intended' and I mean being mobile around the arena. Everyone I know clears the first 1-2 guardians and kites the boss right near the entrance.